Any Thanksgiving reports?

We were there from 11/22 to 11/29 and had a great time. I thought the crowds were lighter than last year in the early part of the week. We spent T'giving at AK and it wasn't bad at all. HS on the day after T'giving was packed - TSM FP's ran out by 10:30 and standby lines were a couple hours long for much of the day. ToT standby times were over 2 hours at one point, but I think it was because an elevator went out of service. I think it may have been because Osborne Lights didn't open until that day and lots of people were trying to see them before they left. I went to Epcot on the day after T'giving last year and it was packed also - probably because it was the first day of the Candlelight Processional. It's a great time to be at WDW with all the decorations and special holiday touches. I highly recommend T'giving week!

We were there for the week. Early in the week crowds were very manageable. Wednesday crowds were up and lines were long for the popular attractions. We were the lazy crew with Teen girls, and did not arrive till 11:00am most days. Used fast passes and rode all we wanted. We were on TOT when the elevator malfunctioned, it was actually great because it did not malfunction till the end of the ride and we got to ride again with no wait. :wizard: Overall, had a great trip, we spent 2 days in most parks so we took our time and never got in a hurry.

We were there 11/22-11/28 at the Swan. This was our first time at Thanksgiving having always gone in October and once the first week in December. I was expecting major crowds and must say I was pleasantly surprised. Was it crowded?? Of course.....but nothing compared to what I thought it would be. To sum up...we did all 4 parks....we were always there at rope drop....never attended an EMH (avoided them actually)....and we did pretty much everything we set out to do. We never stood on a bus, we never rode a full bus. We are ones to stand on the buses if they get crowded so that others may sit...we never had to do that. The longest we waited for a bus was returning from DTD on Friday afternoon 11/28 and that was only a 10 minute wait. I would not hesitate to try it again so that our kids wouldn't be missing too much school.

We were there from Nov 24th - Nov 30th, and we had a FANTASTIC TIME! I was bracing for the worst, as I have heard horror stories about this week. Also, my last trip was over New Year's in 2006 and it was packed...so I was sure to prepare myself. However, I was pleasantly surprised this year...the crowds were really not bad at all! We did absolutely everything we wanted to do at every park, we spent a night in Downtown Disney and saw Cirque Du Soliel, and had a night at our resort. It really was ideal. I kept wondering if people had canceled their trips, or if the Unofficial Guides crowd calendar was that good!!! Our wait for TSM was only 60 mins, and we got there at like 11am! TOT was only 30 mins, but we used FP and rode in like 5 mins. It was like that pretty much everywhere. I could not have wished for a better trip...the crowds were not not bad at all, the decorations were beautiful, the weather was fantastic...I think I might want to start going every Thanksgiving! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as magical as ours! :tinker:

I just got my first post up for my Thanksgiving trip report if anyone is interested. You can get there through the last link in my signature. While the first post is mainly introductions, it will definitely address crowds, weather, etc. It was a great trip!

Leslie

We had a great time 11/23-11/29. I too was worried about the crowds, but found them to be no worse then when we were there last June. As a matter of fact, thanks to advice from this board, TGM and touringplans, we never really waited more than 20 minutes. We made RD every morning except for arrival day (obviously) and TG day when we had a 9 am breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The only ride that we waited a long time for was Primeval Whirl (because only one side was working and they had disabled FP). I didn't want to wait but dd and dniece did, so we waited. ;)

Would do TG week again in a heartbeat. We found having a plan and being at the park for RD really helped us. We even rode TSM first thing on Wed morning (with about a 20 min wait) and got FP for 10:10. That was the only ride that I saw insane wait times for (Fri evening was 220 minutes).

I say go for TG week and enjoy!:lovestruc

The worst I saw was 110 minutes for Rock and Roll Coaster in DHS on Saturday at about 7:00PM.

Plenty of people, but if you "pass, drop and hop," you will have no problem. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter