Any Suggestions ?

RavensMommy

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone

My best friend and I have just booked our first Disneyland trip for Nov. 9-18, 2014. I am looking for dining suggestions for a restaurant nearby that serves crab legs. My friend is obsessed with them and I think it will be impossible to visit Southern California and not have some.

I have looked through the menus of the Disney restaurants and haven't found any so I am guessing that we will have to go offsite to get some. Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go? :confused3

Thanks

Wendy

I don't know of any crab legs within the resort either.
A great place that isn't too far would be The Catch restaurant. Their food is delicious and they do have crab legs!

Steamed Crab Legs
One pound of Snow Crab Legs steamed in Garlic
and Herbs and served with Drawn Butter and
Jasmine Rice. Market

Bubba Gumps have them.. we go there and have a blast...

321 W Katella Avenue Suite 101
Anaheim, CA 92802
Ph: (714) 635-4867

approx a ten min walk from DL..or take the ART..

Thanks so much for the suggestion. :cool1: I never would have thought of Bubba Gumps for crab so we will try there.

Wendy

I believe there is a Joe's Crab Shack on Harbor. From my trips to the one in San Fran, they are delicious!

If you have a car, about 10-15 minutes from Disneyland, there is a crab place in Garden Grove called Boiling Crab. They have great food and the atmosphere is super fun! Your food comes in a big bag, no plates, and you eat with your hands. Here is a link to their menu http://www.theboilingcrab.com/uploads/menus/Garden_Grove_Menu_Frontsmall.jpg. They tend to get busy so be prepared to wait. But they have two locations in Garden Grove so you can call ahead of time to hear the wait times.

14241 N Euclid St
Garden Grove
(714) 265-2722

13892 Brookhurst St
Garden Grove
(714) 636-4885

HTH,
Kriss pirate:

If you really want to experience Crab Legs there is ONLY ONE place to go. Its down at the Beach -

Sunset Beach just north of Huntington Beach about 30 minutes by car from Disneyland.

Captain Jack's on Pacific Coast Highway - They are famous for THE BEST crab legs you'll ever eat. Worth going a little out of your way for.

But you MUST HAVE a reservation - so if its something your into, call ahead a few days.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/captain-jacks-prime-rib-and-seafood-restaurant-sunset-beach-2

If you really want to experience Crab Legs there is ONLY ONE place to go. Its down at the Beach -

Sunset Beach just north of Huntington Beach about 30 minutes by car from Disneyland.

Captain Jack's on Pacific Coast Highway - They are famous for THE BEST crab legs you'll ever eat. Worth going a little out of your way for.

But you MUST HAVE a reservation - so if its something your into, call ahead a few days.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/captain-jacks-prime-rib-and-seafood-restaurant-sunset-beach-2

Thanks for the tip! This sounds like it might be just the type of place we are looking for :wave2:

If you have a car, about 10-15 minutes from Disneyland, there is a crab place in Garden Grove called Boiling Crab. They have great food and the atmosphere is super fun! Your food comes in a big bag, no plates, and you eat with your hands. Here is a link to their menu http://www.theboilingcrab.com/uploads/menus/Garden_Grove_Menu_Frontsmall.jpg. They tend to get busy so be prepared to wait. But they have two locations in Garden Grove so you can call ahead of time to hear the wait times.

14241 N Euclid St
Garden Grove
(714) 265-2722

13892 Brookhurst St
Garden Grove
(714) 636-4885

HTH,
Kriss pirate:

Thanks so much for the tip :thumbsup2 I have a few places to look into that sound really great. We won't have a car but that won't make much of a difference as I am willing to pay to take a cab as long as the food is worth the trip. We live in an area where quality seafood is limited so this would be a definite treat for us :beach:

If you are looking for quality seafood, Joe's Crab Shack and Bubba Gumps would not be at the top of my list.

If you are looking for quality seafood, Joe's Crab Shack and Bubba Gumps would not be at the top of my list.

Agree!

if you want good sea food you are better off looking for a good car rental deal a cab will cost more then a rental and going down to Huntington or San Pedro

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If you need walking distance definitely have crab legs at Bubba Gump's, they are very good and BG's is at the Garden Walk so definitely walking distance. If you have a car we really enjoy us some Joe's Crab Shack. :) Down Harbor past the GW across the street from the Target, next door to the Crowne Plaza hotel, there is also a Red Robin, Outback and I want to say a pizza place there? Not too sure about the Outback or the other restaurant but Joe's and Red Robin are both there. :)
Of course those are both chains and may not be the best but honestly, I've never had any complaints and we have eaten at both more than once. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter