Any suggestions on how to surprise your kids that were going to DL on Christmas Day?

Donald1969

Earning My Ears
Any suggestions on how to surprise your kids that were going to Disneyland on Christmas Day? We'll be leaving for the airport just a couple of hours after we open presents. The kids don't know, and I'm wondering how to "wrap" this surprise. Do we wrap the tickets, airline tickets, do I make card? any suggestions???

Did you search this topic? There were several posts with lots of cute ideas. My girls are getting gift cards in their stockings- I got the personalized ones when they were on sale and put a picture of them at Disneyland when they were little on it and inside the card I had it printed with "Save this for our trip to DISNEYLAND!" I am also putting new shirts (Minnie and Tink) in their stockings :)

Any suggestions on how to surprise your kids that were going to Disneyland on Christmas Day? We'll be leaving for the airport just a couple of hours after we open presents. The kids don't know, and I'm wondering how to "wrap" this surprise. Do we wrap the tickets, airline tickets, do I make card? any suggestions???

Not to be a total buzzkill but it's one of the busiest days of the year....will you get there in time on 12/25 to get in? Sometimes the close off the park to incoming guests when they reach capacity.

No worries Lilpooh, we will be at the Anabella hotel on the 25th. We'll be at the parks on the 26 and 27. We are aware of the crowds and plan to hit them hard early in the morning, then rest in the afternoon, and hit them hard later at night. This might be the first time I allow my kids to have Mt. Dew. :eek:

How old are your children?

We surprised DD on Christmas Day a few years ago by telling her she was going to Disneyland Paris on 26th (we are in UK). I think she was about 6 or 7 at the time.

I bought her a new small suitcase (Cinderella one) and packed it ready then inside on top of all her clothes I put a letter from Belle telling her about the trip. The case was then wrapped up in Christmas paper and put with all her presents. When she opened it I commented that it felt heavy which made her open the case to see what was inside.

Love the ideas so far...
You could print a letter in Mickey (Disney) font stating "Can't wait to spend some holiday time with you! Mickey" and then wrap it in a box with a large Mickey plush, the tickets and other items for the trip...

Guess we were kinda cruel.A few years ago we had told my girls we were going skiing. When time came for trip (day ahead actually) we told them the resort called us and there was no snow so we couldn't go :sad1: However we still had the time off from work so we asked them "if you could go anywhere else where would you go" ......We new the answer would be WDW and when they both said it at the same time we pulled airline tix from our pockets along with Disney Dollars and resv form from Disney. Got it all on film and it's crazy to watch still :) Enjoy your trip !

We surprised DD on Christmas Day a few years ago by telling her she was going to Disneyland Paris on 26th (we are in UK). I think she was about 6 or 7 at the time.

I bought her a new small suitcase (Cinderella one) and packed it ready then inside on top of all her clothes I put a letter from Belle telling her about the trip. The case was then wrapped up in Christmas paper and put with all her presents. When she opened it I commented that it felt heavy which made her open the case to see what was inside.

That's too cute. My kid can't read yet...hehe....when she can I'll get one of the princesses to sign a letter a something for her :rolleyes:

No worries Lilpooh, we will be at the Anabella hotel on the 25th. We'll be at the parks on the 26 and 27. We are aware of the crowds and plan to hit them hard early in the morning, then rest in the afternoon, and hit them hard later at night. This might be the first time I allow my kids to have Mt. Dew. :eek:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: about the mountain dew. When we fly WDW I force my DD to wake up from her nap by telling her the princesses are going home. Poor thing.

)
I put our 1st annual pass cards with our pictures on them on the tree, then put a poem in our Christmas countdown calendar: "On the tree you will find, the way we'll spend our Christmas time! ". They got a kick out of the pictures, my son was only 9mo old and made a funny face because he didn't want to be still for the photo.

I like the suit case idea! I was thinking of having their suit cases in front of the tree with a huge tag that says "To: Disneyland Today, December 25". Well, we won't actually be in DL on the 25th but I think they'll get the idea.

At our house tonight, Santa is leaving a box for the kids to find on Saturday morning. In it will be helium balloons with gift cards attached. The kids know Santa and Mom and Dad are giving them a trip, but we wanted them to have something tangible from Santa for the trip.
My cousin got each of her kids a backpack and put in a Disney shirt, a little toy and a couple other things. In the morning they were surprised with their Disneyland trip when they all opened their gifts.

Aw! That is so awesome! Ya'll will have so much fun! Have you tried doing a search on youtube for 'disney christmas surprise'? There are a lot of videos of parents surprising their children with trips to Disney, it is awesome! They are all so much fun to watch! :) AND perhaps you could get ideas from there. Good luck and have fun!:cutie:

Aw! That is so awesome! Ya'll will have so much fun! Have you tried doing a search on youtube for 'disney christmas surprise'? There are a lot of videos of parents surprising their children with trips to Disney, it is awesome! They are all so much fun to watch! :) AND perhaps you could get ideas from there. Good luck and have fun!:cutie:

I've watched those too. They always make me cry!

I would tell them you are going to visit a relative of some sort. Then when you get there say something like "looks like we got on the wrong plane. oh well i guess this will have to do." This will only work on younger kids who wont understand when the board the plane to Anaheim. :thumbsup2

We will be surprising our kids with a trip to DLR on Xmas morning as well. My kids are 19 mos and 5 yrs old. I've got an enormous box, and inside I'm going to have several helium balloons, which will be tied to a small Mickey Mouse snow globe, and there will be a letter from Mickey Mouse inviting the kids to come to Disneyland. My little one will have no idea what that's all about, but my five year old is going to flip his lid. He's been asking us to take hi. To DL for over a year. We've never been. It is going to be a hoot.

At our house tonight, Santa is leaving a box for the kids to find on Saturday morning. In it will be helium balloons with gift cards attached. The kids know Santa and Mom and Dad are giving them a trip, but we wanted them to have something tangible from Santa for the trip.
My cousin got each of her kids a backpack and put in a Disney shirt, a little toy and a couple other things. In the morning they were surprised with their Disneyland trip when they all opened their gifts.

We are doing something real similar....we are celebrating Christmas on the 22nd & our kids will get a giant box wrapped w/ helium balloons inside & a letter from Minnie & Mickey attached. They will also get Disney tote bags that I made with Disneyland journals (homemade), t-shirts (homemade), snacks, and PSP Vita's for the car ride. We will then leave on the 23rd!

~Danielle :tink:

We are also trying to figure out how to tell our girls. DD 7 and DD 5, we are surprising them with our very first trip to Disneyland on Christmas day. We fly out of Seattle on Christmas Eve, so we are trying to figure out how to tell them on Christmas Eve. I made Disney shirts for everyone so I think we might just wrap those. Not sure yet! We have had this trip planned for 9 months, and now we are only 9 days away :cheer2: :cheer2:

We are doing something real similar....we are celebrating Christmas on the 22nd & our kids will get a giant box wrapped w/ helium balloons inside & a letter from Minnie & Mickey attached. They will also get Disney tote bags that I made with Disneyland journals (homemade), t-shirts (homemade), snacks, and PSP Vita's for the car ride. We will then leave on the 23rd!

~Danielle :tink:

Unfortunately we weren't able to do it last night. Our electricity went out, and we weren't able to get to the store. We have some errands to run today, so we will do it this afternoon. I am so excited to see their faces!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter