Any suggestions for universal restaurants?

GIGIW

Earning My Ears
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could suggest some restaurants that they enjoyed when they were at Universal. I am leaving next week, and will be there for 8 days. Any suggestions for restaurants with teens, 12 and 14? I have heard that Mythos and Confisco Grill are good. I am also doing DC and SW. Any information would be great! Thanks so much!!!! :wave2:

At IOA, We usually enjoy Mythos when we visit. It is a great atmosphere and good food. For casual food there, we liked the big circus tent place in Suess Landing - I forget what it is called. But the food was surprizingly good and the portions were huge. Also, Thunderfalls Terace has good fast food and fun atmosphere. And the funnel cakes here are fabulous! They are at a place right when you walk in and take a left to go to The Hulk. Get the funnel cake sundae, you will love it!

At Universal Studios we really liked Finnegan's Bar and Grill. It is a really cool atmosphere the food was great. My husband and I ate at Lombard's and enjoyed it, but we didn't have the kids. I don't think my youngest would have liked it, but she is a bit picky. The atmoshpere is ok, we were seated next to a large fish tank, but if you weren't sitting there, the setting was just plain. Also, it was a bit overpriced for what it was.

At Citywalk you can't miss Margaritaville. It has the BEST food, and the BEST atmosphere. We eat there at least twice everytime we go and have never had bad service or a bad meal. We personally hated Hard Rock Cafe for food, but the atmosphere is very cool. NBA City was pretty good.

At the Hard Rock, We always enjoy The Kitchen. I know others don't like it, but we have always had super service and great food. We have eaten there for both breakfast (buffet), and dinner and enjoyed it always. Also, don't miss Emack and Bolios for ice cream, very yummy. The Sunset Grill by the pool has great drinks (love potion #9 and pina coladas), but the food is just so so.

At Royal Pacific, the Islands Dining Room has a great breakfast buffet. We loved it everytime we went. There is this grouchy asian guy making omeletts - they are fabulous though!! Tchoup Chop has a wonderful atmosphere. We are mixed on the service and food. The first time the food was wonderful. The second time, not so much. It was sort of bland and it just seemed like they were trying too hard with too many elements. The service needs to be improved. I hate the whole five waiters per table, it is just too silly for me. Also, there is MAJOR ATTITUDE going on between the waitstaff. You can tell some of them are ranked higher and they are just plain rude to others. Also, both times there was major group complaining about other waitstaff (it seemed to be the male waiters gossiping about the female waiters). They would be all scowling and saying rude things (that we could hear), and then would come to our table all false smiles and candy attitude. It was quite ridiculous, I think this restaurant needs to clean staff out, get new management and start over. Jakes is good for a drink, we have never eaten there though.

We have never been to or eaten at Portifino, so I can't help you out there. Have fun eating at Universal!

My favorite is Mythos at IOA. Your teens would probably enjoy the Hard Rock Cafe, NBA City and Nascar Cafe.

We arrive on Sunday at 2:00pm. My 15 year old Ds has already put in his request that dinner WILL be at Margaritaville. My two teens and an 8 year old love the food and atmosphere. All I have been hearing about lately is how much they are looking forward to the bacon cheeseburger in paradise.

They also love Pastamore - Ds15 loves the clam pasta thingie, Dd17 loves the alfredo and Ds8 loves the bread. However, all three of them declare that the alfredo at Luigi's in US is better than the alfredo at Pastamore.

Circus McGurkis is a favorite in IOA, as is Thunder Falls. We all love Mythos.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your replies. I can't wait to try them all. I think that my personal favorite will be the place with the funnel cakes. :love:
Thanks again everybody, you're great!!!!

Mythos. Have the Wrap of the day, it's amazing.
The other places around the park are mostly ribs, chicken, or pizza, you'll get burned out on them. Considering how many people they serve, they do a good job, but Mythos is much better, you'll be spoiled once you go there.

If you want food delivered into your room, try Flippers pizza, we had a couple pizzas and a salad delivered and it was great. Bring gallon zip lock bags and you can save the leftovers. Print this page and bring it with you.
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~br165509/
Use this location. 407-521-0607

Staying 8 days is a long time. I'd suggest visiting the Publix and stocking up a cooler. Here's directions and some restaurants north of the park.
http://www.nogodforme.com/directionstopublix.htm

Both my children, ages 9 and 12 loved the Hard Rock Cafe. Service could use improving, but one of the best meals we had onsite other than RPR breakfast.

My family likes the food at City Walk much better than the food in the parks. They love Margaritaville, NBA City, and the Nascar Cafe.

Thanks, Robvia. I will definitely print out the Flipper Pizza page. Also, Going to the supermarket is a great idea. Thanks all!!!

:jumping1: if you would want to go to a restaurants with a great view of a lost continent and a place were the cooks winned a award for there food then go to mythos Restaurant or if you wanted to go to the coolest place in universals citywalk then go to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. :hyper: :charac4: :drinking1

I think Mythos and Margaritaville will be a must. Has anyone been to the Confisco Grille? I haven't heard anything on that. Again, thanks to all for your replies. :wave2:

My vote's for Margaritaville. It's a great restaurant for everyone!
If you go outside of Universal, Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I-drive would be a good choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter