Any suggestions for someone who has been everywhere?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
I have been so many times that I am starting to run out of ideas. We will be going with 2 little ones. Any suggestions for something new?;)

Stepharoonie- I am talking food wise:D .
Pirate Jeff- We will be Trick or Treating in the MK. Tell me more about FW. When do they do this? Give me all the details.:bounce:

I am a little stimied about this, as I have no idea if something I suggest is something you have done already. But... I had never just sat in Italy in WS and eaten Biscotti and watched the Carnival characters. It was wonderful. Not really a meal suggestion, but it was something new for me, a similar veteran, and thoroughly entertained my DS. I can definately tell that you would not have done this next one: go to Pop Century and eat at the new cafeteria. The theme sounds very fun and the food also sounds like it would be fun. Looking at the icon may be fun for your little ones too.
Even though I have been to MK so many times, I have never eaten in Liberty Tree Tavern and I am starting to be intrigued.
I had a lot of fun as did my DS people watching and eating a Mickey Bar on the trail between TT and TL.
I just loved going to Donald's Breakfastsaurus and that was new for me.
I just don't really know what you have done and what you haven't.

Have you been to the Coral Reef? We went there and posted a review with our 2 DS's and they loved the place - very relaxing and made for a nice dinner for all

thanks
jaysue

Thanks jaysue. I will put it on the list. We always walk by but never go in.
Does anyone know about trick or treating in FW? Is it only on Halloween night?

SamanthaL,
I don't think that anything is organized for trick or treating at FW, I think some people just do it. We had friends camping there and they got a knock on their trailer door and it was kids trick or treating Halloween night. But they were the only ones they got. They do have a haunted hayride there on certain nights, though.

For restaurants, how about Trail's End at FW? They have a great buffet. The food and wine festival in October is great. We got McDonalds for our kids, pushed them around in their strollers while they munched, and we got appetizers at the various countries for ourselves. It was nice. Beaches and Cream is a nice spot and we also enjoy the restaurant at the Polynesian (the name is escaping me).

believe it or not I have never even visited the Wilderness Lodge.

You list 10 trips. I just got back from my 22nd and I certainly haven't come close to trying all the restaurants on property so I'm sure there are some gems that you haven't experienced yet. It is kind of hard to give recommendations since we don't know where you've been, but I'll list some favorites outside of the parks.

Beaches and Cream, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, Kona Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, Narcooses, Wolfgang Puck Express.

If you will be venturing offsite, I'd highly recommend Sweet Tomatoes on I-Drive near Belz. Excellent selection, quality freshly made food and very reasonably priced. Another offsite favorite is Flippers pizza at Old Town. And Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration is wonderful for lunch or dinner.

Steve

Whispering Canyon is alot of fun at WL. At the Poly, there is Ohana's and we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Coral Reef!

I'm like Disneysteve--a 26-trip veteran and there are at least 2 sit-down restaurants I haven't been to for dinner (Shutters and Kona).
I agree with him-Cafe D'Antonio is a fine Italian restaurant in Celebration. And for basic fare, Celebration Town Tavern is OK too. A "different" spot for breakfast or lunch might be the Sand Trap, located at the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf coures. And maybe you could try a place like the Outback (NOT the chain) over at the Disney Hotel Plaza area...

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
And maybe you could try a place like the Outback (NOT the chain) over at the Disney Hotel Plaza area...

We ate there many years ago, probably 1990 or 1991 when it was the Buena Vista Palace. It was wonderful at the time. Is it still good? We've thought about going back but haven't gotten there yet. The hotel is the Wyndham Palace now.

Steve

How about Boma, Maya Grill, the Pepper Market, Artist Point, or some of the restaurants on the BW? We like to get something quick to eat on the BW and sit down and people watch- or now that we have 2 DS's, we like to eat our food really, really fast and take them walking up and down the BW!

Ann:earsgirl:

Steve:
I wish I could tell you how it is, but I've not been there myself. So appears I offer dining "advice" on a place I've never been!!
Anyway--can't recall ever seeing a dining review on it. Every time we toy with the idea of trying the Outback, we decide to go with one of our favorites instead.

I'm like Disneysteve--a 26-trip veteran and there are at least 2 sit-down restaurants I haven't been to for dinner (Shutters and Kona).
I agree with him-Cafe D'Antonio is a fine Italian restaurant in Celebration. And for basic fare, Celebration Town Tavern is OK too. A "different" spot for breakfast or lunch might be the Sand Trap, located at the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf coures. And maybe you could try a place like the Outback (NOT the chain) over at the Disney Hotel Plaza area...

Oh Restaurant Expert, I can't believe you haven't tried Kona for dinner!! That's it I'm not going either until I hear your review!!

I'm not trying anything Uncleromulus hasn't no way, not gonna do it;)

Thanks everyone. I have never been to Kona either and I hate to say it but I have never even visited WL.
What is the Maya Grill like?

We just completed our 12th trip and are nowhere near having seen or eaten everything.

A couple of comments - we ate at Kona last trip and the food was some of the best prepared we had. Have to say that the Koko Puffs were a bit disappointing. I make homemade cream puffs so that may be the reason. The puffs were not crunchy and I was put off with the chocolate filling, expected the custard. I thought it had a coating of carmel also. JMO

As far as the Liberty Tree goes, I think dinner would be the better option. I messed up and got a PS for lunch and we decided to try it anyway. I tried the most interesting salad. I am on a diet and have lost quite a lot of weight so I am always hunting for some new twist to a salad. This one said it had cheese, chicken and nuts. I lost massive weight while eating it. The greens were varied and lovely but the effort it took to find any chicken (3 small pieces) that it worked off any calories that might have been in the salad. There appeared to be a slight dusting of what might have been cheese and/or nuts but the pieces were so small that they did not add any appreciatable flavor. Perkin's offered me a much better salad, later in the week, that was overloaded with plenty of the above. Probably did not do as much for my waistline but it was awfully good and half the price.

The Japanese restaurant was most interesting. Lovely family at our table and our cook was clever but my carniverous husband went running for a turkey leg right after we left. I had the children's steak meal and got as much, if not more, meat than my poor hubby who ordered the steak. My meal came with a drink and ice cream as well and was half the price. I highly reccomend that meal for those who are not as hungry as my hubby is..

I am going to try to find some time this evening to write up my other reports. Have to say that I have eaten at many DW restaurants multiple times and find that each experience is different.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

lvstnk:
I guess the main reason we haven't done Kona for dinner is that it reminds us too much of the old Coral isle Cafe!! It just doen't LOOK like it would have good food!!
But there are plenty of reviews that suggest quite the opposite--so maybe one trip we'll bite the bullet and try it for dinner.

lvstnk:
I guess the main reason we haven't done Kona for dinner is that it reminds us too much of the old Coral isle Cafe!! It just doen't LOOK like it would have good food!!
But there are plenty of reviews that suggest quite the opposite--so maybe one trip we'll bite the bullet and try it for dinner.

We did lunch there a few weeks ago - our first visit. It was wonderful. Mini crabcake appetizer was quite good and came with a fresh green salad on the plate - almost a meal in itself. The Pan Asian pasta was excellent and plenty for my wife and I to share. My MIL had the chicken caesar. It had generous amounts of chicken and she said it was quite good. And my daughter enjoyed the double-decker PB+J, especially since so many places have sunk to serving Uncrustables instead of actually taking the time to make a sandwich.

I too remember the Coral Isle Cafe, but Kona is wondeful and definitely worth a trip. Of course, I do miss the Papeete Bay Verandah.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter