Any suggestions for a stroller for 5 yr old??

KimT

Earning My Ears
We have always brought a stroller with us to WDW for our daughter, who is now 5, except for our last trip in January. She did just fine without a stroller, but there were times it would have came in handy. Especially in the evenings when we were shopping at Downtown Disney and she would get tired. Our problem is that her last umbrella stroller just doesn't hold up to her size and weight anymore. She is 43" tall and 40 lbs. I really don't want to invest alot of $ into a new stroller, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a stroller that works well for older kids? Thanks for any advice.

dalms06.gif

I still use my doubel stroller because I also have a 1 year old but my 5 year old will go in it all the time. Why don't you just rent if you need it. THe strollers there are pretty sturdy and will hold a 5 yr old fine.

My daughter is just 3 but 47" tall and 50 lbs. ( her dad is 6'8") so we know she will be tall..anyways i have a graco Literider that still fits her just fine.....huge baskete underneath and big shade on it ..but light....works well we got it 3 years ago for our first disney trip and plan on bringing it back in 9 days for our 4th trip with her......it was $22 a WalMart and well worth the money.....check them out..Karen :D

For children who will not be napping in the strollers (ours were 4 & 7), we found the rentals were great. They don't recline, though, so for some people that would be an issue. Stroller rental costs $7 per day, and $1 is refundable.

dondaisys.gif

Okay, so pretend I've moved my clipart from geocities

CindyAnn
Co-moderator - Restaurants Board

Our DD was just under 5 when we went a few weeks ago. We took an umbrella stroller. It was great when walking long distances like in the parking lot or across the park. But once we got to a land, we parked it somewhere and she walked. I would say she walked about 75% of the time and only rode when we had somewhere we needed to be ASAP or it was a long way.

quakechicago... I plan to visit Disney on last day of the Merry Christmas Party. Any advise on taking 5 year old toddlers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter