Any strollers out there big enough for a 7 year old?

Princess Amy

Nurse by day. Disney Princess by night.
I am contemplating whether or not to bring a stroller for DS7. I cannot seem to find one that is in a good price range that would hold a 50 lb child.

My husband says we should just rent one purchasing the length of stay pass.

Me on the other hand am concerned about after we leave the park. Not sure DH will be willing to carry him from the bus stop to the room.

He is a skinny little thing. Just has some height to him. The stroller we have been using the past few times he is too tall for now.

Any suggestions on strollers that will accomodate him? Also, if we do choose to rent one will he be comfortable? Anyone have any problems renting?

the only one I can think of is the Maclaren Volo...it should accomodate up to 50 lbs. I've been there, done that lol....on a previous trip I didn't think DD7 (at that time) would manage without a stroller but I was not going to buy a Maclaren. I figured if she really couldn't hack all the walking, I'd rent one for her. She did really well without one, even going in August with the heat and humidity. She sure did sleep good at night,lol!

I am contemplating whether or not to bring a stroller for DS7. I cannot seem to find one that is in a good price range that would hold a 50 lb child.

My husband says we should just rent one purchasing the length of stay pass.

Me on the other hand am concerned about after we leave the park. Not sure DH will be willing to carry him from the bus stop to the room.

He is a skinny little thing. Just has some height to him. The stroller we have been using the past few times he is too tall for now.

Any suggestions on strollers that will accomodate him? Also, if we do choose to rent one will he be comfortable? Anyone have any problems renting?

I'm not sure what your dates are, but there is a few Maclaren Stroller swaps on this board. Look at the sticky at the top of the page.

If you are not going to use one at home i would highly suggest a stroller swap. So much easier. Look at see who has what stroller and usually right on the swap it will give the weight max. and usually a picture of the stroller itself. Good luck :hippie:

My son is over 48 inches and 50 pounds and we use a Volo for him in Disney. He is 5, but freaks out in crowds so we want a place for him to "feel safe"

I would just rent one if it becomes absolutely necessary that way your not forced to lug it around if you don't need it. Do you really think you'll need one? I know my dd (7) wouldn't be caught dead sitting in a stroller she would be super embarassed:rolleyes1. My ds (4) walks all day through the parks and does fine, and my other dd (2) only gets in the stroller when she's really tired or is forced to get in because we want to move faster:lmao:. I can't wait until we no longer have a stroller to go park prior to getting in line etc.. so you may consider just renting if it's absolutely necessary.

I'm not sure what your dates are, but there is a few Maclaren Stroller swaps on this board. Look at the sticky at the top of the page.

If you are not going to use one at home i would highly suggest a stroller swap. So much easier. Look at see who has what stroller and usually right on the swap it will give the weight max. and usually a picture of the stroller itself. Good luck :hippie:

I looked at the stroller swaps and unfortunately the dates I need it for are taken. We will be in the World June 24 - July 1.

I was looking at another thread and someone mentioned Orlando Stroller Rentals. Anyone rent from them before? They have a stroller that holds 75 lbs. All week for $80. Thats about $20 cheaper than if I rent at Disney and I also will be able to take it out of the park.

I'm wondering whether I should do this instead. DS still likes strollers, he's not embarassed at all. I'm sure that will change soon though.

My tall 7 year old was able to ride in the stroller sold at Disney (it's a Kohlcraft - $50). He was probably 57 lbs, 48-50 inches at the time.

My tall 7 year old was able to ride in the stroller sold at Disney (it's a Kohlcraft - $50). He was probably 57 lbs, 48-50 inches at the time.

Really? It wasn't too small for him? Did he find it comfortable? Maybe we could do that. How much was the price?

Sorry for all the questions. My biggest concern is him not fitting into any of the strollers....:rotfl:

For a 7 yr old, I'd just rent as needed - that way you wouldn't have to lug the stroller onto the bus or shuttle, backtrack dozens of times to the stroller parking, etc.

For example, you might be able to get away without using a stroller at MK, but need one for EPCOT.

Honestly I would just rent one...The $13 a day is worth it!
Getting on and off the bus with a stroller is a pain...
And JMHO :duck:but a seven year old really doesn't fit in a Maclaren Stroller.
My four year old barely fits in his anymore!
I spent the money last year and bought one. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be... And he Never wanted to ride in it!
I wish I had rented one last year instead of spending $100 on a stroller he will never use.

I would first see how he does before bringing a stroller with you. But to answer your question I would also recommend the Maclaren volvo. My DD is almost five and fits in it well. It is light, mesh back and sides so it's not too hot, and folds well and compactly. We love the MACs:)

If your little guy needs a stroller while there I would just rent or check out Orlando Stroller rentals like other PPs have said. We took my step DD to Disney when she was five for the first time and ended up renting, but that was ten years ago and didn't cost nearly as much then at Disney. Here are lts of older kids in strollers though... Heck I would love to be pushed in one myself after a couple of days in the parks:)

Good luck and have a good trip.

I am renting from Orlando Strollers this time-the stroller they have folds great and is good for older/bigger kids...we did use a mac last year for 7 year old she fit ok didn't look foolish but she was just 48 inches then-I also have a younger DD who can use the mac when needed-would never buy a mac just for one Disney visit:)
you could definately rent the ones from Disney but Orlando strollers are cheaper and more comfy and can have it when you leave the park-I don't know about you but there is no way I can carry a 50 lb sleeping child-whew:eek:
enjoy your trip

Hi!
I was actually just looking for a new stroller for my DS. He is 4 and only was 42 lbs. but I do have a daughter that my want to plop in in in Disney ever now and then :) I found a stroller on eBay called Baby Planet. I am not sure if I am allowed to share the link here, but you can IM me for it :) It has a max weight of 65 lbs. I actually found one for $85.00 BIN with free shipping!!

I also found a store on eBay that sells the old collapsible jogger stroller disney used to rent, and those holds up to 75 lbs!

you could definately rent the ones from Disney but Orlando strollers are cheaper and more comfy and can have it when you leave the park-I don't know about you but there is no way I can carry a 50 lb sleeping child-whew:eek:
enjoy your trip

two points -

If a 7 yr old child is in the stroller all day he/she should be rested enough to not fall asleep on the way back - heck, I'd have the kid haul the stroller onto the bus, LOL!

If I had to push 50+ pounds around WDW all day, I'd be the one falling asleep on the way back to the resort - and then I'd need to ride in the stroller on the way back to the room.

So, anyone know of a stroller that can hold 110+ lbs? :dance3:

two points -

If a 7 yr old child is in the stroller all day he/she should be rested enough to not fall asleep on the way back - heck, I'd have the kid haul the stroller onto the bus, LOL!

If I had to push 50+ pounds around WDW all day, I'd be the one falling asleep on the way back to the resort - and then I'd need to ride in the stroller on the way back to the room.

So, anyone know of a stroller that can hold 110+ lbs? :dance3:

I do not think that this was meant to sound mean, right:angel:, but I am sure someone will take offense to your post.

I am the OP and I just wanted some opinions on some types of strollers, not opinions on my DS using a stroller.:thumbsup2

Hi PA, we took a jogger with us one year when the kids were 6 & 8. Our youngest quite enjoyed it after being in the park for a few hours and whenever we stopped for a rest period, both would take turns sitting in it. The best thing about it was leaving the park in the evenings during close. In order to get out of the park quickly to catch the bus, we would put our oldest in the jogger and sit our youngest on the handle/snack tray up top. He would lay back against my husband quite comfortably and off we would go. The only downside was getting it on the bus, usually we asked the driver to open the back doors as its a little large to drag down the isle. No hesitation of recommending taking one, especailly if your in the park from early morning till late evening. We know how tired we get and we take 1 step to the little ones 3-4.

I do not think that this was meant to sound mean, right, but I am sure someone will take offense to your post.

I am the OP and I just wanted some opinions on some types of strollers, not opinions on my DS using a stroller.

I actually thought it was rather funny. I appreciated the smile! Unfortunately, you posted on a public forum. You cannot control the replies you get. You put it out there.

I'm not aware of a stroller to fit your needs but I"ll be watching this thread for suggestions. FWIW, we are not bringing a stroller but have built into our budget to rent one if needed. This vacation is about our children being happy and if the crowd levels are high and tensions are high and all it takes is letting my 6 have a stoller to sit in (and I'm sure the 8 & 1/2 old may jump in sometimes to) then I'm all for it. While I agree that everyone has the right to express an opinion, I think the opinion should releate to the QUESTION not to your opinion of the OP's choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter