Any strange fears?

Sharp objects like knives and blades. I am terrified of my garbage disposal! I still run it, but I stand way off to the side when I do!

I am super afraid of wasps. I am more apt to hurt myself getting away from them than anything! My wife and kids think it's funny but for some reason I've always had the fear. Never been stung in my nearly 40 years.

I also don't like large bodies of water and I have a fear of developing "black hairy tongue".

I am very afraid of a random act of violence on me and my family...like a drive by shooting or something done as an initiation for a gang.

I am so afraid of snakes that I go into a panic attack if I even see one on TV. my brothers would throw them in my room and the bathroom when we were little. I never knew which were real and which were fake. to this day it's a debilitating fear!! I am afraid of Palmetto/water bugs also!:eek:

I am scared of my boss. He is one of those people that are always right. It's always got to be his way or its wrong (even if his way is wrong). You can never do your job right. It may have been right yesterday but that doesn't mean it'll be right today. He doesn't "listen" to what you say. He just sent me an email asking a question and it has made me so nervous that I've now got a headache. I've never been this way in my life!!! It's terrible! I remember crying on Sunday nights when I was little and had to go back to school on Monday. Now I have started feeling that way again.:sick::headache:

I'm afraid of lizards.

And by afraid I mean deathly afraid: won't stay in a house if a lizard has been spotted, I will stand on the furniture, lock myself in a room where the lizard is not, etc. I never believe DH when he tells me he caught one. Can't trust anyone when it comes to lizards. :laughing:

I wish I wasn't serious...

Bunch-a weirdos 'round here...

I'm not afraid of anything! Except the witch from Snow White. Can't even look at things with her picture on it without getting heart palpitations. And God help me if she's walking around WDW. Woooo-boy.

Oh yeah...I'm afraid of plane crashes too. Yep. The witch and plane crashes.

And fruit. Fruit too. Won't even hold a piece in my hand. Can't stand the smell of the produce section.

The Witch from snow white, plane crashes and fruit.

Oh yeah! SHARKS too! How could I forget them. Won't go in any body of water deeper than my ankles.

So that's everything...the witch from Snow White, plane crashes, fruit and sharks.

Oh! I'm also afraid of flying, stinging insects. I've pushed small children out of my way to flee the area.

Dark murky water in rivers. Living in the South, where everyone goes to sandbars to swim....everyone except me. I am always so afraid an alligator is gonna grab me and pull me underwater!!

Bunch-a weirdos 'round here...

I'm not afraid of anything! Except the witch from Snow White. Can't even look at things with her picture on it without getting heart palpitations. And God help me if she's walking around WDW. Woooo-boy.

Oh yeah...I'm afraid of plane crashes too. Yep. The witch and plane crashes.

And fruit. Fruit too. Won't even hold a piece in my hand. Can't stand the smell of the produce section.

The Witch from snow white, plane crashes and fruit.

Oh yeah! SHARKS too! How could I forget them. Won't go in any body of water deeper than my ankles.

So that's everything...the witch from Snow White, plane crashes, fruit and sharks.

I have a friend who has a serious fear of fruits and vegetables. He can hold/touch them, but irrationally refuses to consume them in any form. He's going to therapy for it.

As for me, I'm really afraid of static electricity. Even just the little shock you get when someone rubs their feet against the carpet and then touches you. :scared1: I hate it! When I get out of a car, I will not usually cloes the door with my bare hand. I'll cover my hand with a sweatshirt sleeve, or I'll use my arm. :laughing:

I have a completely irrational fear of turtles. There was one crossing the road today as I was taking my daughter to school, which is a very odd occurance. I screamed in the car as if I saw a ghost.

Dental x-ray film that they put in your mouth. I have alot of Dental phobias but I consiter them more rational because of an abusive Dentist in my past.

I'm afraid there will be a fire in my apartment and I won't be able to save my cats. :sad1::sad2::guilty:
I'm also scared my bed will fall through the floor into my living room. :confused:

Not really afraid, but totally unable to deal with it: Coral, as in scuba diving ,underwater stuff that everyone things is so beautiful. I am getting goosebumps and getting all weird just typing this.

I am scared to death of frogs. Don't kow why.
There was a frog in my laundry room and had to call one of my boys to come get it. Yeah, it's bad but they are some creepy little creatures.

anyone else ?

My dd(12) has one of sock monkeys its so bad now she wont walk by them in a store and she will turn the channel if the car commerical comes on(i forget the company but a sock monkey is driving the car)

Changing light bulbs. I'm so afraid one is going to break in my hand. I think it stems from someone dropping a tube fluorescent bulb near me when I was young.

And balloons. No balloons near me. :lmao:

I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm terrified of ferris wheels. The last time I rode one was at California Adventure 3 or 4 years ago, and I spend the entire time clinging to my mom for dear life :rotfl:

I also have a semi-fear of vomit. It was bad when I was younger - I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've thrown up since I was about 5 or so. I'm not so afraid of it now, but only if I'm not the one vomiting :)

When I was little I was afraid of large vehicles: school buses, firetrucks, etc. When I was 4, I went to a birthday party at a fire station. We had to pass by all of the trucks to enter the station, and I flipped out. They also let us climb around on the trucks after the party, and I wouldn't go anywhere near them. My neighborhood at the time also had a firetruck with Santa on it drive around right before Christmas to hand out candy canes to all of the kids who would go outside and meet him. I always hid under the couch; my two biggest fears at the time were Santa and firetrucks. Not a good combination :rotfl:

Large windmills give me the chills. I cannot even go by them To make it worse I do not like to have water on both sides of me. There is a place in Ma where there is water on both sides AND a windmill. It is even worse if the sun is shining brightly. OH and I hate bridges that look like they are made from metal and are steep. I do not like power lines or the towers that accompany them.

I am also afraid of birds, bed bugs, lice, and ticks. Other than that...pretty much nothing.:rotfl: Darn I forgot escalators. I have to work up my nerve to go on one and usually just take the stairs.

I have a list.

Birds, the dark, bugs, vomit, germs.

The weirdest one: I'm afraid that my arm is going to get stuck in those blood pressure machines in stores. I pretty much refuse to use them. A doctor wanted me to check my own blood pressure a few years ago, I did it twice and my blood pressure was really high from being afraid so I couldn't get an accurate measurement.

I have a list.

Birds, the dark, bugs, vomit, germs.

The weirdest one: I'm afraid that my arm is going to get stuck in those blood pressure machines in stores. I pretty much refuse to use them. A doctor wanted me to check my own blood pressure a few years ago, I did it twice and my blood pressure was really high from being afraid so I couldn't get an accurate measurement.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter