Any stores in WDW sell maternity?

Strawberry Lemonade

<font color=navy blue>Lucas' mama</font><br><font
JUST out of curiosity, I was wondering if any stores in WDW, including Downtown Disney, carry maternity clothes? I don't NEED to buy anything in particular, but I was just wondering. I'd be open to picking up a cute maternity tank or t-shirt on my next trip, but I'm not at all interested in just buying "bigger" sizes, if that makes any sense. Anyone know? Thanks!

When we were there in December, I saw maternity shirts at Downtown Disney and the resort stores, I'm sure they were in the park stores too, but I wasn't really looking for them. I only saw 4 styles--one girl, one boy, and 2 neutral. My favorite was the girl shirt, it said something like "Future Princess on Board" Too cute!! :cutie:

Krista princess:

I saw those same 4 tops when I was there in December. I saw them at DTD and the store in Yacht Club. We were staying in Beach Club and were checking out all the stores. They were so cute. My favorite was of Mickey getting 'kicked' and I think it said something along the lines of Did you feel that? Can't wait to buy one on my next trip since by then I might need one. ;) :teeth:

Oh, that's great!! Thanks for asking this SL - I had no idea they had maternity shirts at WDW. I know I've looked on disney direct and have been trying to figure out a way to make my own Mickey maternity shirt for my upcoming trip.

tamie

I wish I could see a picture of them! Anyone remember what the cost by chance?

FYI - I was just at Kmart (yes, I'm going into every store I can think of looking for maternity stuff) and they had 2 Disney maternity tshirts. They were kinda cute, not great though (IMO). One was blue with brown trim and had one of the 7 dwarfs on it and said "Baby Under Construction". The other had Tigger but I don't remember what it said. They were $9.99.

I'd almost bet my life the KMart shirts are cheaper than the shirts at WDW will be. My guess on the WDW shirts would be around $15.

I would say the shirts like that at WDW are going to be no less than $20, if not more. The T shirts can run you $25.

My husband surprised me with two of the shirts. I got the pink "future princess on board" one (which is really cute on) and the baseball shirt type with Mickey --which we need to return since it isn't nearly long enough. The funny thing is that the one that was too short was a size smaller than the princess one. The light blue kicking one is cute too but with two boys at home, I'm all about buying everything pink for this "princess"! Oh, he got them at the store right by Muppets 3d (across from the Christmas store) at MGM but we saw them almost everywhere, you just have to look. The previous poster was close though, they were $28 each!

I AM SO EXCITED NOW!!!! We are going in a couple of days, and I would love to buy something so special at WDW. Does anyone remember what the neutral ones said/had on them? We are not finding out what we are having, so those would be my option! Thanks so much for this thread, I would never have imagined that I could purchase these items! :goodvibes

Patsfan7 -

you will find the maternity shirts in the Pop Store...(we were just there last week) I would have loved to buy one for myself, but not preggers yet.. We are hoping to try next month - keep your fingers crossed (I have had 3 miscarriages).. But they are VERY cute!

GREAT! that will be my first stop! Thanks. We also had a couple of miscarriages and it took four years to get pregnant with my first. We took the test our first day of our January trip 2001, and had a beautiful girl in September. This time, in September after we returned, we took the test and it was positive, so we have another prince or princess coming in June! Good luck!

My oldest DD is expecting and bought one of these shirts at the WoD two weeks ago. She was trying to get the blue Mickey one in a different size than was on the rack and the CM did some phone research for her. To make a long story short, the CM told her that the maternity shirts were an experiment and that they didn't sell well. She said they won't have them again. I can't swear that this info is completely correct but it is what DD was told. I hope they reconsider --it certainly seems to me that maternity shirts--if displayed prominently--would be a big seller.

PKK/MJK said:
My oldest DD is expecting and bought one of these shirts at the WoD two weeks ago. She was trying to get the blue Mickey one in a different size than was on the rack and the CM did some phone research for her. To make a long story short, the CM told her that the maternity shirts were an experiment and that they didn't sell well. She said they won't have them again. I can't swear that this info is completely correct but it is what DD was told. I hope they reconsider --it certainly seems to me that maternity shirts--if displayed prominently--would be a big seller.
Ohhhhhhhh...I hope this isn't true. I see so many pregnant woman at WDW. Maybe if they made regular character shirts in maternity sizes instead of the "baby on board" variety, they'd be a bigger hit.

One of the stores in the Contempoary had a small display of maternity clothes when we were there Friday.

i agree with the regular character shirts probably selling better than "princes on board." we bought one in december when we were there...it has mickey and a few other characters...it's gray and dark gray...a baseball style shirt. it's really cute. i'm hoping to find a tank when we go in may!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter