• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Any speculation on the next 24 hour Disney Day

acamusic

Mouseketeer
This is definitely on my bucket list and my wife and I are making plans to do it in 2016 and leave the kids at home.

I'm wondering if anyone has a guess at when the next 24 hour Disney Day will be. Leap Day like the first one or the Friday before Memorial Day like the last three? Should I make a tentative reservation for late February (when 2016 opens) in anticipation that it could happen and then switch it to May if there is no announcement by the first of January?

I am hoping for February instead of May simply for the cooler weather and it will be a Monday. But it could be worse that late May. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm already thinking about how to spend my day. Sad, I know:

Rope Drop--rides and breakfast
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Fantasy Parade
Indoor shows
Dinner and rest
Park Hop for Fantasmic (or Rivers of Light!!!)
Back by midnight to enjoy MSEP (not a fireworks fan necessarily)
Late night FP+, Character Greetings
Drag my butt to bed.

No one here is going to know until the end of this year at best. A May date is more likely in my opinion, but that's just a guess.

This is definitely on my bucket list and my wife and I are making plans to do it in 2016 and leave the kids at home.

I'm wondering if anyone has a guess at when the next 24 hour Disney Day will be. Leap Day like the first one or the Friday before Memorial Day like the last three? Should I make a tentative reservation for late February (when 2016 opens) in anticipation that it could happen and then switch it to May if there is no announcement by the first of January?

I am hoping for February instead of May simply for the cooler weather and it will be a Monday. But it could be worse that late May. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm already thinking about how to spend my day. Sad, I know:

Rope Drop--rides and breakfast
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Fantasy Parade
Indoor shows
Dinner and rest
Park Hop for Fantasmic (or Rivers of Light!!!)
Back by midnight to enjoy MSEP (not a fireworks fan necessarily)
Late night FP+, Character Greetings
Drag my butt to bed.

Not sad at all, my niece and I were making plans for the next one while in the park during this year's. That was our question too, will it be leap day, memorial day weekend, or both (not sure we could handle two that close together). Obviously, nobody here knows, but I would be inclined to think they stick with the memorial day weekend, just as a way to kick off busy vacation season. Feb 29th is a slow time for the park and opening the park for 24 hours when it is possible it will not be crowded doesn't make much sense.

I would keep checking prices of the hotels for feb 29th and memorial day weekend and if you see a really good price, book it and see what happens. We booked the beach club in anticipaction of this year's 24 hour day back in January and only paid $284 / night which was a steal. Once the party was announced, the same room was listed at $nearly $500 / night.

We were there for the Leap Day 24 hour in 2012. Had a blast!

Speculation on my part... Leap Day happens again in 2016, and that would be my guess ;)

Do you think it'll be on Leap Day AND in May or just one? I'm planning on doing this based on it being in May...

May 20th..... (my bday :cool1:) is this year's 24 hour Disney. The hubs and I are going for year 3. And yes....leave kids at home. Hope you all have fun :tink:

May 20th..... (my bday :cool1:) is this year's 24 hour Disney. The hubs and I are going for year 3. And yes....leave kids at home. Hope you all have fun :tink:

Can you provide a link for your source? I hadn't seen that announcement.

Can you provide a link for your source? I hadn't seen that announcement.

Agree I've seen nothing, and it would be a departure from the Memorial Day weekend.

Posted hours for that day at MK are 8-9 EMH and 9-12 am Park Hours.

I just noticed this as I was checking hours for our trip. On May 27th, the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom is listed for 12 p.m. while it is listed for 3 p.m. every other Friday in May and in June. Could this be an indication that the 27th will be a 24 hour day? Last year's 24 hour Day had a 12 p.m. and a 3 p.m. parade. Or are there other times of year where it is scheduled for noon?

https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_May.pdf

Also listed here for noon:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/magic-kingdom/2016-05-27/#timeofday=afternoon

I'm curious if this has any relevance to a 24 hour day because this is the last day of our trip.

So glad I logged in today to check! Really, really hoping this happens this year!

Well, crap! I'm not at all familiar with the 24 hour days. We've got an MK day scheduled for 5/27 right now, but you're telling me if it's a 24 hour day, then there is no MSEP? Do they still do a rope drop on 5/27 in the morning or does the 24 hours start the night before? Also, that would mean the crowds will be out of control, right? Ahhhhhhhhh....we just got this all planned!

Right now, no MSEP is scheduled on the calendar so I would say that there is a good possibility they may not have it that night. Also, if it is 24 hour day, yes BIG crowds.

Right now, no MSEP is scheduled on the calendar so I would say that there is a good possibility they may not have it that night. Also, if it is 24 hour day, yes BIG crowds.
What if we were to go to MK the next day (Saturday, 5/28)? Does the 24 hour event end sometime early in the morning and then the park empties and closes for a short time until they then open at the normal time the next day? Sorry to be a pest, just thought we had this whole thing figured out and this kind of throws a wrench into our plans. Thanks!

What if we were to go to MK the next day (Saturday, 5/28)? Does the 24 hour event end sometime early in the morning and then the park empties and closes for a short time until they then open at the normal time the next day? Sorry to be a pest, just thought we had this whole thing figured out and this kind of throws a wrench into our plans. Thanks!

24 hour day ends at 6:00am and they clear the park.

I'm following waiting an official announcement. Just hoping it comes before we make our fast pass reservations. I was planning our MK day for Thursday but am going to move it to Friday for the 24 hour day (I'm taking 2 teens who want to try to go for the 24 hours)! It will mainly impact our Saturday as Thursday or Friday was just going to be a water park day. Would just be nice for this planner to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter