• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any solo DIS'ers running in the Food and Wine 1/2 marathon?

PrincessMama605

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to find a running buddy (and maybe a drinking buddy at the after party lol). My friend talked me into signing up for the race but flaked out on me, I'm not really looking forward to running solo. :sad2:

I'm hoping to find a running buddy (and maybe a drinking buddy at the after party lol). My friend talked me into signing up for the race but flaked out on me, I'm not really looking forward to running solo. :sad2:

There are several people who check in here doing it. What corral will you be in? Last year I was in A.

I'm not running, but I'm going to the after party solo. One of my friends wass gonna run, so I bought the after party ticket. She's not able to make it anymore & I still have the ticket for the after party. I'm not super excited about going alone, so if you know someone who's looking for another ticket to the after party, pm me. (I know the tickets are still available, but they cost more now.)

There are several people who check in here doing it. What corral will you be in? Last year I was in A.

I have no idea which corral I'm in, I don't know how I would find that out until I get my race packet?

I'm not running, but I'm going to the after party solo. One of my friends wass gonna run, so I bought the after party ticket. She's not able to make it anymore & I still have the ticket for the after party. I'm not super excited about going alone, so if you know someone who's looking for another ticket to the after party, pm me. (I know the tickets are still available, but they cost more now.)

I don't know anyone who wants to go, but if you do to go to the party solo and you want to meet up, pm me.

I'm basically in the same boat. Signed up to run with friends but then they changed their minds. I ran it last year and had a really great time. I think the worst part of being solo will be the several hour wait before hand. My sis will be waiting for me at the after party but until I get there she'll be solo in there too. I would love to find someone to wait at the start with :)

Although not solo, DH is running it and he doesn't know anyone else running it. But we've found that other runners have been very friendly-standing in line today, we found out that the person in front of us was also running the half-marathon and we got talking. As far as corral start, that probably gets determined when you get your race packet, at least it will for DH. He didn't have a race time to submit, but just ran a 10K a couple weeks ago. Anyways, everyone becomes friends in common sweat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter