Any Single Disney Men Out There? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness. I forgot all about this thread. Sooooo out of the loop. Whats up everyone???

yeah Im still single.. could be the working 2 jobs and going to school part time.. Sigh .. Someday

The prospect of "is this the one"? The excitement of the unknown? The overall newness of it all?:goodvibes

What is it that makes your heart so full or is it ONLY women that experience this? Guys???

Hi Kimmie,

Been there and done that. Yes I definitely feel this way at times. But it gets less on each date. I went on one last night and during our converstation she told me 1) I am not sure why I am bothering to date 2) her 10 year old doesnt want her to date 3) She is so set in her ways that she doesnt think she will find a suitalble partner. At the end of the date she told me she would like to get together again :confused3

I am done with dating. I believe there just arent any women left out there that want a sensitive caring guy with a lot to offer. At least none that are in a geographically acceptable area for me. That is really the only sticking point for me. I have to stay in the job I am in and cant be moving around. At least for the forseeable future.

Oh well sorry to vent again. Please feel free to ignore this post.

John

Hi Kimmie,

Been there and done that. Yes I definitely feel this way at times. But it gets less on each date. I went on one last night and during our converstation she told me 1) I am not sure why I am bothering to date 2) her 10 year old doesnt want her to date 3) She is so set in her ways that she doesnt think she will find a suitalble partner. At the end of the date she told me she would like to get together again :confused3

I am done with dating. I believe there just arent any women left out there that want a sensitive caring guy with a lot to offer. At least none that are in a geographically acceptable area for me. That is really the only sticking point for me. I have to stay in the job I am in and cant be moving around. At least for the forseeable future.

Oh well sorry to vent again. Please feel free to ignore this post.

John

John, I truly think that some women AND men... jump into dating when they aren't really ready or prepared to do so. That isn't fair to those of us that are ready - and only sours the experience.

I'm not giving up. I know that my prince is out there somewhere. I recently started chatting with a wonderful man (at least so far) and we seem to be on the same page... I'll probably go out with him over the next week or so. Until we get face to face, who knows... but so far... he makes my heart skip a beat when he calls, etc. :cloud9:

If he's not the right one, I'll move on. In my case I had given up "looking intently" to just letting things happen. This one happened out of the blue and I'm open to the possibilities. I guess I tend to talk with a potential date enough to get a "general" feel for their openess. If they make comments (like your date did) then I know to move on and not schedule that first date.

The issue is.... is the potential date honest enough to make those comments prior to being on a date.... or is the overall date the stress trigger that makes them second guess themselves and their readiness? :confused3

Isn't the heart skipping beat when the phone rings such a good feeling, whether or not he is the "one"...it just means there is hope that the right one is out there for all of us.

I'm not giving up. I know that my prince is out there somewhere. I recently started chatting with a wonderful man (at least so far) and we seem to be on the same page... I'll probably go out with him over the next week or so. Until we get face to face, who knows... but so far... he makes my heart skip a beat when he calls, etc. :cloud9:

I just found this site. Has the question about single men been answered yet? I know that I have a lot of catching up to do, but look forward to getting to know all of you :cheer2:

You know, John, when I read what your date said, I think it may actually be a very positive comment about you. It sounds like she was feeling pretty uncertain about the idea of dating (as a general concept) - but when it comes to *you* she thought she'd like to see you again. Now, you may not be interested in her, and that's one thing, but it sounds like she thought pretty highly of you.

Teresa

You know, John, when I read what your date said, I think it may actually be a very positive comment about you. It sounds like she was feeling pretty uncertain about the idea of dating (as a general concept) - but when it comes to *you* she thought she'd like to see you again. Now, you may not be interested in her, and that's one thing, but it sounds like she thought pretty highly of you.

Teresa

Very well put Teresa!! :goodvibes

John, I truly think that some women AND men... jump into dating when they aren't really ready or prepared to do so. That isn't fair to those of us that are ready - and only sours the experience.

If he's not the right one, I'll move on. In my case I had given up "looking intently" to just letting things happen. This one happened out of the blue and I'm open to the possibilities. I guess I tend to talk with a potential date enough to get a "general" feel for their openess. If they make comments (like your date did) then I know to move on and not schedule that first date.

The issue is.... is the potential date honest enough to make those comments prior to being on a date.... or is the overall date the stress trigger that makes them second guess themselves and their readiness? :confused3

Its been awhile since I have had that feeling. But gosh such a wonderfull feeling. I wish you the best.

Any suggestions on places to chat online? Seems like I am so out of the loop. I used to chat all the time. But I cant seem to find good sites anymore.

Hi,

You can still chat on www.dismates.com by scrolling about two-thirds down the page, clicking the chat link, typing in a username and clicking Connect. Chats usually begin at about 9:00-9:30 pm ET and can go on till late.

If you have a wheel mouse, you can save some clicks while scrolling by pressing down on the wheel. This brings on your screen a circle, in which up and down arrows appear at the edges and a small dot at the center. You then can scroll, or pan, anywhere on your screen by moving your mouse. You need only click to stop your scroll.

Jim

Teresa

Teresa and Kimmie thanks for your input. I did not get the feeling that she was truly interested in getting together again. Besides her comments really made me think twice about wanting to get together again. I really got the feeling that she felt her deciding to date was a mistake. I had met her through match.com and when I asked her about her experieinces on match she said that she had just joined and had already decided to cancel her membership. The whole thing was a bit of a turn off to me. I doubt that we will see each other again. As for me I think I am going give up on dating for awhile.

And I wish you the best of luck Kimmie!

John

Hi,

You can still chat on www.dismates.com by scrolling about two-thirds down the page, clicking the chat link, typing in a username and clicking Connect. Chats usually begin at about 9:00-9:30 pm ET and can go on till late.

If you have a wheel mouse, you can save some clicks while scrolling by pressing down on the wheel. This brings on your screen a circle, in which up and down arrows appear at the edges and a small dot at the center. You then can scroll, or pan, anywhere on your screen by moving your mouse. You need only click to stop your scroll.

Jim

I have been going in and out of there but most times I am so out of the loop I just sit back and watch. I even uploaded my picture to dismates. Maybe that is the problem :scared1: hehehehe

Any other sites?

Teresa and Kimmie thanks for your input. I did not get the feeling that she was truly interested in getting together again. Besides her comments really made me think twice about wanting to get together again. I really got the feeling that she felt her deciding to date was a mistake. I had met her through match.com and when I asked her about her experieinces on match she said that she had just joined and had already decided to cancel her membership. The whole thing was a bit of a turn off to me. I doubt that we will see each other again. As for me I think I am going give up on dating for awhile.

John

John thats to bad. I wish you luck. You will find the one.

I have been going in and out of there but most times I am so out of the loop I just sit back and watch. I even uploaded my picture to dismates. Maybe that is the problem :scared1: hehehehe

Any other sites?

Carrieanne, don't let us intimidate you... jump in and join the conversation! We usually talk about movies, food, ice cream, dating, things boys and girls do on dates :rolleyes1 ... Lately, it's been a lot of talk about ice cream!! :lmao:

After reading the above... wow, we sound soooo boring!! It really is fun!!

who seek love. The journey to find it can be frustrating and smack you upside the head again and again, but when you least expect it, he or she whom you seek will appear before you. All you have to do is have your eyes and heart open :)

to all who seek love. The journey to find it can be frustrating and smack you upside the head again and again, but when you least expect it, he or she whom you seek will appear before you. All you have to do is have your eyes and heart open :)

well said MBF! I had a relationship that happened that way, was good for a few points... but also, not. The best things from it are what I learned!:goodvibes It will happen when it happens, and when you are ready (and sometimes you think you are ready, but your not quite there yet).

MBF, Carrie, Kimmie, Sha, thanks far all the support and encoragement. As MBF said its frustrating and smacks you upside the head. I have a dent in my head at this point LOL. I know I have been trying too hard. I need to step back and not try to make things happen. But I am scared that nothing WILL happen. If that makes any sense

John

Hi,

John, that makes perfect sense to me. People say that love happens when you're not looking for it; but I find that whether I'm looking or not, it doesn't happen. I've been told on another singles forum that I'm subconsciously choosing to be alone and unhappy, but I can't figure out why. While I'm hanging out with Pam (and not expecting my friendship with her to go to the next level), I am avoiding internet dating sites. Long-distance relationships work for some people, but not for me.

Jim

yea my friends all say the same thing it will happen when you least expect it!
Well its been a long time and it still hasn't happened!! I don't think it ever will!
:confused3

John,
DOn't be too DISenchanted...About 14 years ago I had stopped looking...and that was when I found my soulmate....he had an accident so is lost to me now....but some day your princess will come when you least expect her and in a way you won't expect...when I first met mine...I thought geesh this guy sure needs a friend...we became the best fo friends long before anything else happened...

And I wish you the best of luck Kimmie!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter