Any signs of love bugs yet?

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
For anyone who has recently returned were there any signs of love bugs yet? We leave in a little over two weeks and this has me very concerned. I'm not a bug person!! I'm *hoping* they won't come until October (sorry for anyone with October trips planned . . . it's nothing personal!).

YES! I saw two pairs of them at the Poly and a few more when I was leaving the TTC last night. Not enough to constitute a 'swarm' but the early risers are up and running.

Love Bug season will soon be afoot. ;)

obnoxious lil flying bugs about the size of lightning bugs but descend on WDW every year when we are there...loll...I swear they look at the reservations to see when we are arriving!

They don't bite...as far as I know but they are yucky...all over the place.

We are arriving 9/16...hear that darlin' lil love bugs???

remind me, how long do they normally last? we've been a few times now in May/Sept. and managed to avoid them each trip so far. . .arriving on 9/20 this year????

any FL residents? oh! (ugh! just thougth of this!) we are driving this trip!? any one know where we can go to rinse off our car periodically not to far from on property?

obnoxious lil flying bugs about the size of lightning bugs but descend on WDW every year when we are there...loll...I swear they look at the reservations to see when we are arriving!

They don't bite...as far as I know but they are yucky...all over the place.

We are arriving 9/16...hear that darlin' lil love bugs???

Ugh! We arrive 9/16 as well. This is not what I wanted to hear!

For anyone who has recently returned were there any signs of love bugs yet? We leave in a little over two weeks and this has me very concerned. I'm not a bug person!! I'm *hoping* they won't come until October (sorry for anyone with October trips planned . . . it's nothing personal!).

Just got back yesterday........we didn't notice any

Central Florida resident here...The last two days I have noticed one or two lovebugs each time I walk out my front door. They aren't swarming yet, but they are starting to show up here and there.

We went in October but it was like 5 years ago. I don't remember any bugs. When do they typically "swarm" and when do they go away? Is it really a swarm of them? I was thinking about going next October but this may make me change my mind.

We were there mid October last year and dealt with a disgusting swarm of them everywhere by lake at Contemporary. At the time our family thought it was icky but didn't know what they were. Several months ago I looked it up. Double ICK.:scared: At the time last year I had no idea that they were mating for life and that the females carry around the males attached even after they are dead.

We were there mid October last year and dealt with a disgusting swarm of them everywhere by lake at Contemporary. At the time our family thought it was icky but didn't know what they were. Several months ago I looked it up. Double ICK.:scared: At the time last year I had no idea that they were mating for life and that the females carry around the males attached even after they are dead.

oh my god. ew.

Sure, they mate for life, but soon after they "consumate the relationship", the male dies. Actually, maybe that isn't such a bad way to go....:lmao: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter