Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

jweber23 said:
Yeah I know that! :) I mean when you actually arrive at the restaurant. How do they know you have the fastpass? Is it on your magic band?

We ate there today and there is a stand to the left before you go over the bridge and we told them we have a fastpass and they looked up our name and sent us in. It was so yummy!

I got an email today that's different from the one posted a few posts back.

This one says at the top: It's time to confirm your address and choose your MagicBands.

"We recently invited you to take part in a special test of MyMagic+ happening during your stay. MyMagic+ is a new way to experience Walt Disney World Resort, but don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit.

If you have decided to participate in this test, be sure to visit MyDisneyExperience.com now and confirm your address to have your MagicBands shipped to you. Plus, you can pick the color and add a name to your MagicBands."

It goes on to tell me that I have until 10 days before check in to confirm my address. And that I should link a reservation (it lists my actual confirmation number) and ticket. And that I have until 10 days before my check in to customize my bands to have them shipped to my home. And it invites me to make FP+ under the test.

Very bizarre because I've had my MagicBands for 2.5 weeks. And my FP+ selections for 3.5 weeks. And I never linked a ticket or reservation because they showed up on their own.

I got an email today that's different from the one posted a few posts back.

This one says at the top: It's time to confirm your address and choose your MagicBands.

"We recently invited you to take part in a special test of MyMagic+ happening during your stay. MyMagic+ is a new way to experience Walt Disney World Resort, but don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit.

If you have decided to participate in this test, be sure to visit MyDisneyExperience.com now and confirm your address to have your MagicBands shipped to you. Plus, you can pick the color and add a name to your MagicBands."

It goes on to tell me that I have until 10 days before check in to confirm my address. And that I should link a reservation (it lists my actual confirmation number) and ticket. And that I have until 10 days before my check in to customize my bands to have them shipped to my home. And it invites me to make FP+ under the test.

Very bizarre because I've had my MagicBands for 2.5 weeks. And my FP+ selections for 3.5 weeks. And I never linked a ticket or reservation because they showed up on their own.

It is both incredible and surreal that in addition to having to choose your restaurants and meal time sometimes months and months in advance, now they expect you to figure out what ride you will be on, and when------ 3.5 weeks before you arrive!!

Folks, it is official. Spontaneity is dead. Argggghhh.

It is both incredible and surreal that in addition to having to choose your restaurants and meal time sometimes months and months in advance, now they expect you to figure out what ride you will be on, and when------ 3.5 weeks before you arrive!!

Folks, it is official. Spontaneity is dead. Argggghhh.

Over exaggeration. I just came back from a week trip with the bands and there was loads of spontaneity. Including changing FP+ selections less than 15 minutes before using one. ;-)

Over exaggeration. I just came back from a week trip with the bands and there was loads of spontaneity. Including changing FP+ selections less than 15 minutes before using one. ;-)

Yeah but you are assuming that everyone in the universe has a smart phone.

Yeah but you are assuming that everyone in the universe has a smart phone.

Used my phone some and the kiosks tucked around the park as well. Kiosk was actually more fun because we came to enjoy the glowing Mickeys you press your band to to use it.

In any case I liked it a lot better than walking to one end of the park to get a fast pass for a later time only to walk away from the area and have to walk back across the park to redeem it.

Plus less paper waste.

But that's just me maybe?

Used my phone some and the kiosks tucked around the park as well. Kiosk was actually more fun because we came to enjoy the glowing Mickeys you press your band to to use it.

In any case I liked it a lot better than walking to one end of the park to get a fast pass for a later time only to walk away from the area and have to walk back across the park to redeem it.

Plus less paper waste.

But that's just me maybe?

Oh Good to know! Thanks for the tips :thumbsup2

I was able to change a FP+ time to use it immediately. Granted it was for Haunted Mansion but it had a 30 minute wait. We were leaving the park right after (the kids wanted to swim) so I switched the FP+ I did have for Peter Pan to HM and then changed the time to be able to ride right away.

We got our Magic Bands Monday, and had been able to get fastpass times immediately when we ordered them. We will be at MK next Thursday evening, so we chose fastpass times for Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mt. Railroad. Haven't chosen any more, as we don't know yet which days we will visit which parks but hope we can choose them the night before, when we decide after we get there.

I've heard people have been "invited" to try fastpass for lunch at Be Our Guest. I've tried to make a reservation but it only offers dinner times and then says "nothing is available" between 5 - 10p.m. It won't give me any lunch times at all, so I'm hoping for that e-mail "invite" to appear in my inbox before we go. :)

MightyGitis said:

Just wanna play Devil's Advocate: it's going to be different when EVERYONE has FP+ instead of just 1 - 3 resorts...a lot harder to change your Fastpass last second, ya know? that said, I'm super excited to use FP+ in two weeks!!

We got our Magic Bands Monday, and had been able to get fastpass times immediately when we ordered them. We will be at MK next Thursday evening, so we chose fastpass times for Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mt. Railroad. Haven't chosen any more, as we don't know yet which days we will visit which parks but hope we can choose them the night before, when we decide after we get there.

I've heard people have been "invited" to try fastpass for lunch at Be Our Guest. I've tried to make a reservation but it only offers dinner times and then says "nothing is available" between 5 - 10p.m. It won't give me any lunch times at all, so I'm hoping for that e-mail "invite" to appear in my inbox before we go. :)

There is a special website for the lunch fast pass.
Look back a few pages and you should find it

I just finished my test at Pop 4-10.
One issue I did see is that if you don't use the fastpass and the time window goes by you will not be able to reschedule for a different event or ride.

Everything else works

I just finished my test at Pop 4-10.
One issue I did see is that if you don't use the fastpass and the time window goes by you will not be able to reschedule for a different event or ride.

Everything else works

You should have been able to reschedule to that ride later or to another ride. It is all dependent on availability of course. And I know they fixed the endless error loop of changing to a new attraction because it is working as of a few days ago.

Has anyone actually received more than one set of magic bands? I know a bunch of people got the second letter after receiving their first set (as did I), but are they actually sending duplicate bands?

We check in to POP on 9/24 and received our magic bands about a month ago. Then I got a letter in the mail that I have until Sept 14 to customize my bands. All communications have indicated that I am also eligible for FP+, but MDE has yet to let me use that. It keeps saying that no one in my party has valid park admission on our dates. We have both MYW with the package and APs.

I thought maybe you could only make the reservations 10 days out and that's why the second letter came, but it seems that folks are making FP+ reservations many weeks ahead.

Oh well. I don't need this much stress for a vacation. I'm just going to hope for the best - that I have a room when I get there and can at least get into the parks. Oh, and food would be nice :mickeybar

MissRoseRed said:
Has anyone actually received more than one set of magic bands? I know a bunch of people got the second letter after receiving their first set (as did I), but are they actually sending duplicate bands?

We check in to POP on 9/24 and received our magic bands about a month ago. Then I got a letter in the mail that I have until Sept 14 to customize my bands. All communications have indicated that I am also eligible for FP+, but MDE has yet to let me use that. It keeps saying that no one in my party has valid park admission on our dates. We have both MYW with the package and APs.

I thought maybe you could only make the reservations 10 days out and that's why the second letter came, but it seems that folks are making FP+ reservations many weeks ahead.

Oh well. I don't need this much stress for a vacation. I'm just going to hope for the best - that I have a room when I get there and can at least get into the parks. Oh, and food would be nice :mickeybar

If I were you, I'd call IT. You should be able to schedule FP+ by now.

Do you have your tickets linked in MDE? If you don't, that is why you can't make FP+ reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter