Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

I logged in today and was able to make fast pass selections for end of September trip but I never got an e-mail. Does anyone know how to link halloween party tickets as that is the only tickets that are not linked?

Also, some of the times were not very good, do more times open up or are you stuck with those.

If we do this test, can we also get regular fast passes as well or are we stuck with these?

Thanks!

The same aug resorts are still testing plus art PO riverside poly Jambo and beach and beach villas.

QUOTE]

I am sure it is like it would be with the normal parent swap. If both adults are planning I ride, BOTH adults have to have a FP. They will scan both FP at that time and then give the swap card to the adult not riding at that time. I can't imagine it will be any different for FP+.

So you're saying that the cast member will take both the parent swap card and the FP paper/swipe for the second ride? I don't recall the cast member ever taking the second adult's FP paper along with the parent swap...

You need to get in a FP line and should have a FP or FP+ for each party to do that. Either in the FP line or the regular line both parents must go through the line. The parent swap card allows both parents to ride separately but it does not allow one parent to skip the line or not have a FP but still use the FP line.

The CM should collect 2 FP's or FP+'s when the three of you get there and then issue a parent swap card which will be redeemed for the second ride. You should both use FP+'s. Otherwise, as you said, it would be an advantage, you could double-up, and that isn't its intended use.

If it is allowed, OK, but I don't think it is, and I'd hate for you to get there and one parent not be allowed to ride at all because you reserved on one FP+!

So I booked a ghost RO res at Pop, customized and received my MBs. I booked FP+ options with no problem for our entire trip. I then canceled the room at POP to see what would happen. My access to FP+ was gone immediately but I could see my MBs on the account. I then rebooked a room at Pop. All of my previously booked Fastpasses were still there.
I intend on keeping the room this time, but if you cancel, I wonder if your Fastpasses would still work? You couldn't make any changes, of course, but do they still exist in the system? Just something to ponder!

When the RO ressie was cancelled were you able to see the previously made FP+selections under "my plans"? I know you had no access to change them but could you see them at all?

Just wondering as I am holding a ghost reservation at Pop as well and debating if I should keep or cancel it. I'm not going till late Sept so I may just wait to hear how it goes for the "ghost" holders early in the month.

When the RO ressie was cancelled were you able to see the previously made FP+selections under "my plans"? I know you had no access to change them but could you see them at all?

Just wondering as I am holding a ghost reservation at Pop as well and debating if I should keep or cancel it. I'm not going till late Sept so I may just wait to hear how it goes for the "ghost" holders early in the month.

There have been reports of cancelling a ghost reservation and still having FP+ options show under My Plans. There have even been reports of being able to change the time and the experience. This whole program is a test and the MagicBands, if linked to valid theme park admission and to your MDE account, should in theory allow you to make and keep FP+ experiences.

I suspect you could easily go to guest services with your MagicBand and have FP+ functionality restored. By now there are many people with bands that are not staying at a testing resort, CMs, locals, previous testers. The FAQ plainly states that MagicBands can be re-used at your next WDW trip. For many the "next" trip begins right after the 1 night at Pop.

This has never happened. Defeats the entire purpose of rider swap. LOL

When we have gone it goes like this- 3 adults wanted to ride BMTRR and no kids could. We to to the FP entrance and explain we want to do rider swap. They take ALL 3 FP. My DH and I go thru while my dad waits with the kids with the swap pass. When we come out, my dad and DH go back and use the rider swap, JUST LIKE a FP. I don't know any one that does rider swap with FP ever give an acct of it working any other way. It doesn't defeat the purpose of rider swap, it defeats ppl cheating the system.

Jditmer said:
When we have gone it goes like this- 3 adults wanted to ride BMTRR and no kids could. We to to the FP entrance and explain we want to do rider swap. They take ALL 3 FP. My DH and I go thru while my dad waits with the kids with the swap pass. When we come out, my dad and DH go back and use the rider swap, JUST LIKE a FP. I don't know any one that does rider swap with FP ever give an acct of it working any other way.

When we went there were 3 ppl riding 1 infant not...dh and dd went through w their fp and I get the swap pass which we realized always left us w one extra fp, mine.

When we have gone it goes like this- 3 adults wanted to ride BMTRR and no kids could. We to to the FP entrance and explain we want to do rider swap. They take ALL 3 FP. My DH and I go thru while my dad waits with the kids with the swap pass. When we come out, my dad and DH go back and use the rider swap, JUST LIKE a FP. I don't know any one that does rider swap with FP ever give an acct of it working any other way. It doesn't defeat the purpose of rider swap, it defeats ppl cheating the system.

It is an advantage and I've never heard of it working the way you say. I'm pretty sure they didn't demand 3 FPs, you just handed them over.

When we went there were 3 ppl riding 1 infant not...dh and dd went through w their fp and I get the swap pass which we realized always left us w one extra fp, mine.

This has always been our experience. Always. In fact, I've always been allowed to take 3 children through with me as well. They either allowed an extra person or gave us a 2nd swap pass to allow all 3 kids to ride with me.

Like hundreds of times we did this over the years. No one ever asked for another FP for me, ever. The only requirement was that DH and the kids enter a line.

When we have used rider swap, we have been asked for BOTH adults' fastpasses. Then the person not riding was given a rider swap pass. Sounds like not all CM's are consistent with this, but you might not want to take the chance.

Another question about BOG FP+ reservations. Is it like all the other QS locations, in that there is no differentiation between a kids meal and an adult meal for dining plan credits?

Dan

There have been reports of cancelling a ghost reservation and still having FP+ options show under My Plans. There have even been reports of being able to change the time and the experience. This whole program is a test and the MagicBands, if linked to valid theme park admission and to your MDE account, should in theory allow you to make and keep FP+ experiences.

I suspect you could easily go to guest services with your MagicBand and have FP+ functionality restored. By now there are many people with bands that are not staying at a testing resort, CMs, locals, previous testers. The FAQ plainly states that MagicBands can be re-used at your next WDW trip. For many the "next" trip begins right after the 1 night at Pop.

For what it is worth: I can now make FP+ selections up until Oct 7th, which is when my AP expires.

If you book the ghost reservation without an AP, but have a package starting the same day at a non participating resort, does that qualify as valid park admission?

I guess the best way for me to figure this out is to just bite the bullet, but I'm scared I'm going to mess something up on my reservation-just don't want to hear the yapping of DH if I mess it all up:rolleyes2

When we have used rider swap, we have been asked for BOTH adults' fastpasses. Then the person not riding was given a rider swap pass. Sounds like not all CM's are consistent with this, but you might not want to take the chance.

Now I'm really curious what the 'standard' is. I'm going to ask around at a few rides and see what type of different answers I get.

We were able to make our FP+ selections through October 12 this afternoon! We did not see MSEP offerred on any of our MK days - which we had hoped to reserve - but otherwise, were very excited to be done watching and waiting for our days to open!! :goodvibes

ETA: Also - we were able to link one of our MNSSHP tickets, but not the other two? They were all the plastic green cards. Don't know why the system didn't recognize two of the numbers?

It is an advantage and I've never heard of it working the way you say. I'm pretty sure they didn't demand 3 FPs, you just handed them over.

This has always been our experience. Always. In fact, I've always been allowed to take 3 children through with me as well. They either allowed an extra person or gave us a 2nd swap pass to allow all 3 kids to ride with me.

Like hundreds of times we did this over the years. No one ever asked for another FP for me, ever. The only requirement was that DH and the kids enter a line.

I am so glad that you could clarify what I have been doing all these years since I had no idea. I'm not the only person that it works like this for. Just because you were looking for a way to cheat the system doesn't make me an idiot. I know what I'm doing. Thanks.

Customized my magicband on Sunday and just got my notice from UPS!!

Will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30 a.m.!

So excited! :hyper:

I logged in today and was able to make fast pass selections for end of September trip but I never got an e-mail. Does anyone know h to link halloween party tickets as that is the only tickets that are not linked?

Also, some of the times were not very good, do more times open up or are you stuck with those.

If we do this test, can we also get regular fast passes as well or are we stuck with these?

Thanks!

If you are using the app, you,can scan the barcode on your tickets. I did, and it worked perfectly. You assign each ticket to a member of your party. I called tech support on a different issue but also asked about this. i was told that they should work fine on our magic bands but to bring the paper tickets just in case.

This has probably been discussed 1000 times but bare with me. I booked my trip last minute & last time I was in Disney none of this fastpass+ stuff was even imagined. Please answer if you can!! I leave september 15 and want this trip to go smoothly...

1. If i don't participate in FP+ can I still get regular fast passes? I wasn't invited to test for AKL 9/15-9/22. At least i don't think I was... I booked through a TA. When I click "make fastpass+ selections" it tells me to link my tix, which are already linked?

2. I have a package res, and a one night room only res - was i correct in customizing two sets of magic bands? What if I get them mixed up?

Am I on the right path? Feel so out of the loop and in a panic! Thanks

Were staying @ the same place and same days! Today is our last day to customize also, I don't remember seeing an opinion 4 qs meals but my internet has been down 4 a few days... I will check @ work 2mrw.

Now back to dis boards app vía 3g :-(

Thanks Msmomo - This is the quote under Fastpass+ on my reservation page:

"You have not yet added FASTPASS+ arrival times for attractions entertainment or quick service restaurants"

Curious what the quick service restaurants options would be.

MsLisaG - thanks for your response - Enjoy your first stay at POR - it is my favorite resort - have stayed there at least 15 times!!

Yes, after you cancel the RO, all the FP+ selections are still listed under My Plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter