Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

From what I was told by Disney's IT department, POR in September is part of the testing if your check in date is Sept 2 & after. Disney will notify you 17 days before your day of arrival, at least that's what the CM told me from IT. So you will see it show up under your MDE. Hope this helps?!

check in is Sept 3. I check in sept 2 and am not part of the test group

Ok, I had to bite at this one. Why exactly is cancelling a room unethical? I am asking this hypothetically. You could argue that booking a RO reservation without intending to use it is unethical. The person cancelling is putting that POP room back into availability whereas the person paying for the room and leaving it empty could be seen as "depriving" some family of the opportunity to stay in that room (FWIW I don't think EITHER is unethical).

You can twist pretty much any practice to seem ethical or unethical. At the end of the day, as long as no one is getting hurt (and Disney is not getting "hurt" they are still getting vacation revenue from the people that are "ghosting") then why is the behavior of the person "ghosting" the concern of anyone else? :confused3

Agree completely!

As a POP guest for 8 nights, I welcome all of the ghost reservations as long as you actually pay for the one night. It means a bunch of empty rooms and less people on the bus at closing.

FWIW, I do not feel that booking and paying for a room and not using it is unethical. Booking with intention to cancel is.

:rotfl2::rotfl: True!

RedM94 said:
One last thought before I call it a night. How is booking and paying for a room at a test resort any different than buying a front of the line pass at Universal? Oh, and I forgot, all of those people who used to reach behind the FP machine and push the little red button or buy expired FP's on ebay.

Let's face it folks there are ways to play the system and ways to defraud the system. Booking a ghost reservation and paying for it is not defrauding the system.

Really? You think booking a hotel reservation (you have no intentions of using) for the opportunity to be part of a "test" that no one knows how well will work (especially with non testing hotels), is the same thing as buying a established service from Universal that is availible to everyone and is exactly what it is, A ticket to the front line that works exactly as it's described, you don't have to do anything other then tell them you want it.. Come on.
And I don't understand why you continue to list the flaws and loopholes everyone else is using. Yes, people abuse the system.

But look. I don't care if you want to spend your money on a empty room. I dont even think what your doing is wrong. I just think it's silly. That's just my opinion.

If your happy with it and okay doing it, more power to you.

You can change it. Click on the FP you want to change and select modify FP. IT WILL LET YOU CHANGE THE TIME OR EVEN ATTRACTION. I'VE CHANGED ALL MINE A DOZEN TIME :)

Yeah, I know I can change it, problem is that with only 3 hours available to us while FP is active, and with windows being an hour each, I think it's near impossible to fit in 4 FP's. not that I'm not gonna try LMAO!!

Ok, I will go waist deep in this one. What Is ethical and what is not. I admit I made a RO reservation at POP to that I could participate in the test during my split stay at Kidani. I have all intentions of paying for that one night room and not staying there. Disney will receive my room payment as revenue, I never check in or out so the profit margin on my room is larger than most. Is this any more unethical than say:

Telling the parking attendant at the MK or BW that you have dinner reservations at either the poly or boardwalk, when you really don't, so you don't have to pay parking and you have easier access to the parks?

Borrowing your neighbors AP so that you don't have to pay parking?

Using your refillable mug for the third straight year?

Book a week at POP while staying at a DVC resort so you could get the free dining for the week. Back in the day when every resort received the regular dining package during free dinning?

How about those who had not intentions of taking a Disney vacation booking one day at POP for the test and when they received their free magic bands for the entire family cancelled the one night reservation.

How about those who wait by the elevator and offer to buy DVC members a drink if they can tag along to the TOTWL?

I seem to remember someone earlier posting how credit cards and drivers licenses would work in FP machines. Hmmm, I wonder if that really works. Funny, I didn't see anyone post that was unethical or immoral.

My favorite as I got turn away from a booked restaurant, the 30 or 20 something who flirts with the host / hostess and gets right in for a table?

Look inside, if you are without then you can criticize. If you are not, as a practicing Buddhist, I extend the Buddhist symbol of oneness to you as a sign of friendship.

Well said! Also what about the people who make countless ADRs only to cancel the day before or not at all (before the penalties were imposed). To suggest making a ghost reservations is "unethical" is really ridiculous.

Unfortunately in life there are many things that are a game and understanding the rules and forming a strategy can give you an advantage. I am well aware that my resort will not have kiosks but I will have my smart phone and there are kiosks in the park. Also I really do not care if we can not use the MB for room entry I will use my KTTWK. If my FP+ressies are cancelled when I cancel the ghost reservation so be it. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Don't theses people have something better to worry about?

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new DISBoards member and Disney newbie. I'm going to the WDW for the first time. In fact, this will be my first Disney related vacation ever.

I'll be staying at All Star Music Sept. 2-7; does anyone know if they are testing there? I know at one point they had CMs testing there, but are they testing with the public now as well?

Also, how do I know if I'll be a part of the MyMagic+ testing? My understanding is that they e-mail you in advance (but I don't know how far in advance) but I've heard that some people didn't get an email they just had it appear on the My Disney Experience account and some people didn't know until they showed up and were handed a grey MagicBand.

As an overly excited Disney fan AND a tech geek, I'm really hoping I get picked for testing!

So can anyone confirm that one night at a participating resort will let you use the FP+ and MB the entire stay? I ask because I actually already have a 1 night res at pop(had to add it due to flight) and after that i'm a week at POFQ. I am able to customize my MB and make FP+ res all week. Just wondering what happens after I check out of pop.

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new DISBoards member and Disney newbie. I'm going to the WDW for the first time. In fact, this will be my first Disney related vacation ever.

I'll be staying at All Star Music Sept. 2-7; does anyone know if they are testing there? I know at one point they had CMs testing there, but are they testing with the public now as well?

Also, how do I know if I'll be a part of the MyMagic+ testing? My understanding is that they e-mail you in advance (but I don't know how far in advance) but I've heard that some people didn't get an email they just had it appear on the My Disney Experience account and some people didn't know until they showed up and were handed a grey MagicBand.

As an overly excited Disney fan AND a tech geek, I'm really hoping I get picked for testing!

No testing at all stars. Just POP and AOA for the values I believe.

So can anyone confirm that one night at a participating resort will let you use the FP+ and MB the entire stay? I ask because I actually already have a 1 night res at pop(had to add it due to flight) and after that i'm a week at POFQ. I am able to customize my MB and make FP+ res all week. Just wondering what happens after I check out of pop.

I'm wondering the EXACT same thing! If I make a RO ressie I have every intention of actually showing up and sleeping in the room and checking out. Can I still use MB the rest of my trip at CSR?

You have reservations for a non-MB test resort so you make reservations (these are the ghost ones) for a MB test resort, knowing the whole time you are going to cancel the ghost reservations as soon as you make sure you are getting your MB's.

Personally I think Disney should not be held accountable if guests do this, sure let them keep their MB's but don't give them MB privileges and since they would be linked to a canceled reservation I wouldn't expect them to still work anyways!

I read somewhere a few weeks ago about someone booking a valid split stay and received a set of bands for each resort. So, I'm guessing if someone does book a ghost ressie just to get MBs, they won't work. Do you agree?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well ppl have reported repeatedly that once they checked out of one resort, MDE deleted all their FP+ selections. They were checking into other testing resorts though so it's unclear what will happen with checking into non-testing resorts.

I read somewhere a few weeks ago about someone booking a valid split stay and received a set of bands for each resort. So, I'm guessing if someone does book a ghost ressie just to get MBs, they won't work. Do you agree?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That particular poster was doing a split stay at two testing resorts and that is the reason that they received two sets of bands. MagicBands are intended to be re-used if the guest so desires. They can be activated or deactivated by the user. The MagicBands will work for theme park entrance and FP+ as long as there is valid theme park admission loaded on them.

That particular poster was doing a split stay at two testing resorts and that is the reason that they received two sets of bands. MagicBands are intended to be re-used if the guest so desires. They can be activated or deactivated by the user. The MagicBands will work for theme park entrance and FP+ as long as there is valid theme park admission loaded on them.

I've also read that after checking out of a testing resort and into another non-testing resort, their selections were gone (for the remainder of their stay). Makes sense as Disney wants to keep the test at the size they'd like. But, then again, gotta take what you read with a grain of salt.

As a POP guest for 8 nights, I welcome all of the ghost reservations as long as you actually pay for the one night. It means a bunch of empty rooms and less people on the bus at closing.

FWIW, I do not feel that booking and paying for a room and not using it is unethical. Booking with intention to cancel is.

I don't know that I'd worry about the ethics of it all. However, I definitely WOULD worry that booking a room and then cancelling might mess up my tickets or package. This is a test, so unexpected things can happen. Since everything is tied to MDE - I'd worry that cancelling some it could cause problems.

I've also read that after checking out of a testing resort and into another non-testing resort, their selections were gone (for the remainder of their stay). Makes sense as Disney wants to keep the test at the size they'd like. But, then again, gotta take what you read with a grain of salt.

I haven't seen any reports of that :confused3 I've actually seen reports of the opposite - that the split stay made no difference. But I guess we will know more once the September tests officially start.

Many of us with split stays are wondering this. Haven't seen someone who can actually confirm doing it yet! Hopefully we will eat an answer soon.

Many of us with split stays are wondering this. Haven't seen someone who can actually confirm doing it yet! Hopefully we will eat an answer soon.

Craig who is a member of the DisUnplugged podcast team has confirmed that after his one night stay at Pop his Annual Pass is still attached to his band and he is still able to make FP+ selections if he wanted to go into the parks tomorrow. As for room entry, meal plan, or charging capabilities that are added at the front desk I can't say for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter