Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Just an observation. I have a FP+ option for Meet the Princesses at TST for some days of my trip but not others. I wonder why.

And Ariel's Grotto is grayed out the whole time for refurbishment. :confused3

Not trying to start an argument, but it's easy to have the opinion as stated when you have been given the option of obtaining early FP+, MB, BOG times, etc. When that is not available to you, it's a little more hard to swallow.

I understand that testing is required. I'm just not sure what the best method and selection process would have been to do this.

Also easy to have that opinion when you weren't selected.

I have to chime in on this debate. Will not being part of the test ruin most people's vacation? Of course not.

However, I can say that for those staying at BLT, AKL Kidani and POFQ I think you have a MAJOR gripe.

How could one not feel like they are being treated as second class when half of the resort is part of the test and the "other" half is not.

I wanted to do the MB and FP+, so I made a RO "ghost reservation". I have no issue with some hotels allowed to test and other not. However, I have a HUGE issue with these 'part of the hotel' can test while others staying at the SAME resort can't.

Those are not the same resort. They are sister resorts. Kidani and BLT are flat out DVC resorts anyway not part of the other resort they share amenities with.

This is a testing period, not a roll out. So no one has a gripe. And from what I've seen in the testing resorts, it is a mass wave of gray bands. Aka, the rest of the world has no clue that this is even going on right under their noses. They were given a band at check-in and told minor instructions and just blindly did what they were told.

Disney doesn't want Disney pros testing this out. Those are a very tiny percentage of actual park goers. This test is likely a very accurate representation of normal park visitors. Those wearing the gray bands will give them the real, useful data. Those wearing colored bands already know a lot more than the average visitor.

And it is more than halfway through this month of mass testing. The CMs are still excited to see MagicBands come through their lines and many have still not seen others with bling or wraps. Obviously, that is anecdotal but it does say some thing to how much use these bands are actually getting on a daily basis in terms of FP+.

We are Staying at POR Sept 12-18 and when I logged on to MDE last night I was able to customize our magic bands for the first time. :cool1: I never received an invite or email about it. Is it a full roll out by then or are we part of testing?

Hey everyone! I'm totally new to dis (just registered this morning!) So please forgive me if I'm doing this wrong...but I have a few questions about my upcoming trip I was hoping to get some help on. My husband I are taking our kids (ages 3 and 5) to Disney for the first time! My husband and I both visited as children, but we honestly only have a few random memories so this is sort of a first time trip for all of us. We're flying in, and staying at CSR Sept 16-24th. l've been following this particular board for about a month in hopes of being part of the magicband testing, but as everyone knows by now, my resort isn't participating. So now I'm kinda toying with the idea of flying in on the 15th, staying the night at Pop, just to get the magicband. I've read a few others are doing something similar, but I'm a little apprehensive....does it actually work? How do I go about this? Does anything with my existing package change? Can I still use ME from the airport? Will Disney send me new luggage tags? I REALLY appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me out! I'm sure these questions have been answered several times now, but as a newbie I'm having a hard time following! :wave2:

I was able to customize my bands last night for our Sept 14 arrival at AKL. I was also able to play around with FP+. Here is my question. If we are "testing" this new system, will we be asked for feedback? I already have some opinions;). Does anyone else think it will discourage park hopping?

Also, are we sure we can still use regular fast passes? How does that work with a band instead if a card?

Actually this is going to make me want to hop more. We can normally do all the headliners of one park in a few hours with no need for FP's with rope drop and a good touring plan. A BIG benefit to me is now I can hop to HS for an evening of TSMM and F! knowing we are not going to be wasting 2-3 hours in line for a ride, or scheduling a lunch/dinner for preferred seating at F!.

We're staying at AOA Sept 8-14th. I customized our MagicBands this morning! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping I can get into BOG for lunch (on FP+) on either Monday or Friday that week while we're in MK--I'm pretty sure it was an option a few days ago but it's not there now. :confused3 I'm getting REALLY excited for our trip! (We're telling our kids--ages 7, 6, 4 & 3 TONIGHT! WoooooooHooooooooooo!)

We're staying at AOA Sept 8-14th. I customized our MagicBands this morning! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping I can get into BOG for lunch (on FP+) on either Monday or Friday that week while we're in MK--I'm pretty sure it was an option a few days ago but it's not there now. :confused3 I'm getting REALLY excited for our trip! (We're telling our kids--ages 7, 6, 4 & 3 TONIGHT! WoooooooHooooooooooo!)

It is a separate link, not a FP+. That's how you book it. https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com

If people are really buying these bands for $85+, then I will definitely be selling mine when we get back. Among the 5 of us, that is a good bit of change.

And the only ones I see for sale are gray, wonder how much people will pay for the color ones.

Next vacation may come sooner then I thought.

Has anyone been able to book a BOG lunch for more than 1 day? I only see an option to reschedule our current booking.

Has anyone been able to select a FastPass for Enchanted Tales with Belle in this run? I don't have the option for the end of September. I didn't get any bonus selection either that some people were reporting. Just curious.

I was able to select ETWB for September 20th. I also got the bonus FP that day. :thumbsup2

I don't think people who are going during the test period, but not getting band should be too upset, because EVERYONE can double (even triple) dip. Its like Fastpass Christmas!

You can use your BOTH your room key and park ticket to spit out FPs, you can use old room keys, old tickets, heck I even read of someone using their drivers license to get FPs. Its a fastpass windfall! Have at it people, make hay while the sun shines. Everyone is lucky to travel during testing, lord it over the poor saps who travel next month who won't get fastpasspoluza.

I don't think people who are going during the test period, but not getting band should be too upset, because EVERYONE can double (even triple) dip. Its like Fastpass Christmas!

You can use your BOTH your room key and park ticket to spit out FPs, you can use old room keys, old tickets, heck I even read of someone using their drivers license to get FPs. Its a fastpass windfall! Have at it people, make hay while the sun shines. Everyone is lucky to travel during testing, lord it over the poor saps who travel next month who won't get fastpasspoluza.

Drivers License? :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

That can't be legit.

If people are really buying these bands for $85+, then I will definitely be selling mine when we get back. Among the 5 of us, that is a good bit of change.

And the only ones I see for sale are gray, wonder how much people will pay for the color ones.

Next vacation may come sooner then I thought.

By the end of the year they will be available to all guests anyway... So no one will buy them.
I definitely wouldn't want a band with someone else's name on it, where's the fun with that?

We are staying at the CR resort 10/20-10/26. Can anyone give me any info about these magic bands and if our family will get them? I read somewhere that everyone staying at a resort will have them but that was back in January. I booked through AAA so I have no clue when I'll get my package with all of this information. I have 4 little kiddos coming along so I'd love to FP+ Toy Story! :) Any info would be great!

As of now they have only released testing info to ppl checking in through Sept 28. You need to link your info with the Disney World site and then check My Disney Experience frequently to see if you get set up to do FP+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter