• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

I booked a reservation for free dining which includes 2-day tickets. We have annual passes that we'll use during our stay so we'll just hang on to the 2-day tickets for later. Currently, the 2-day tickets and our APs are both linked to the reservation and I have been able to make fasspass+ selections for the entire week we will be there as well as customize our magic bands.

How do we make sure that the 2-day tickets won't be linked to the magic bands? I don't want to use them by mistake. Can we take care of this at check-in or will we have to go to guest relations at a park?

Thanks.

How about making the 2 day tickets inactive? I was in Disney in April so it's showing my room key and my AP as my tickets. I was able to label the room key as inactive. If you can, remember to make sure it's inactive after check in, in case check in activates the tickets.

Just got off the phone with Disney IT. He said that it is not a problem at all to use both FP+ and regular fastpass. He said that during the testing they really just want our feedback and they do not want our trips to be affected at all. I feel so much better.

But how do we get and activate the KTTK card. Do we have to exit and renter -using a band and then a key card? Will they give me a key card at check in? I'm confused by the whole "double dipping" concept.

But how do we get and activate the KTTK card. Do we have to exit and renter -using a band and then a key card? Will they give me a key card at check in? I'm confused by the whole "double dipping" concept.

You get a key card when you check in. Your key card is simply active when you enter the park with your magic band.

You get a key card when you check in. Your key card is simply active when you enter the park with your magic band.

Another way to describe it is that your KTTW and your magic band are both linked to your ticket. When you use either to get into the park, "the system" knows that you have used your ticket media. Unless something changes, this means that both the band and KTTW are active tickets that can be used to redeem FP+s or regular FPs, respectively.

So much info here. Is there something I am doing wrong? I just switched to Poly per DH's request from the BC. checking in 8/31 for room only then package starts 9/2 thru 9/7. No, I haven't been chosen for the test but after reading all this information I may be on overload but I thought I might be able to pick some fp+. I don't even see the option for fp+ or mb in my app, but when I look on my pc it fills in this week's dates and then jumps to Oct dates and says my dates don't fall into the right time/date. When I look on my pc I can see my tickets but cannot on the app. Is this just MDE glitches? I wouldn't even care if we all got grey bands. Maybe just my insecurities, but I feel like I am once again on the outside looking in at all the cool kids with the cool toys. :sad1:

Just once I would like to be pixie dusted.pixiedust:

I think the information around here indicates that only September checkins starting from 9/3 qualify for the test. Possibly must checkin before 9/29, since FP+ doesn't seem to be active for 9/29 on.

Yeah! Staying at Yacht Club in September. Fastpass+ showed up two days ago on MDE. I didn't realize until I did online check-in today that we got the Magicbands too. ( I didn't realize that they were there & that I only had four days left to customize them) It would be nice if Disney let me know what to do. Happy times!

So... I habitually click the FastPass+ link on MDE every day just to see if anything has changed.

Well, it changed today.

Reading the thread, apparently our first night at AoA is qualifying us to test for the whole week. We haven't received notification yet, but the evidence is all there. Plus, when I asked a castmember online about it, they were quite coy and just said it was "recommended I keep a close watch on my email."

Now the question of torment is... do we want to do the test? Should I stick with the old FP system we're comfortable with, or try out this new thing? Is MyMagic+ worth it? How limited are the old FPs because of the new system? We love park hopping, so the new system doesn't really sync with our plans, but man does it sound exciting.

We are staying at the Grand Floridian Sept 14-21.. Truely bummed to not be allowed to participate :( think the FP+ would truely be great for the way our family does Disney.... SOOO if i switch our first night to say the Contempary or Poly and then move to the Grand after that, would we have access to FP+ for the remainder of our trip? Tickets are already linked to each member of my family, would that matter when canceling one reservation? Thanks in advance... I know I am way over thinking this and stressing it just stinks to have planned for over a year and then have such a kink thrown in your plans :(

So... I habitually click the FastPass+ link on MDE every day just to see if anything has changed.

Well, it changed today.

Reading the thread, apparently our first night at AoA is qualifying us to test for the whole week. We haven't received notification yet, but the evidence is all there. Plus, when I asked a castmember online about it, they were quite coy and just said it was "recommended I keep a close watch on my email."

Now the question of torment is... do we want to do the test? Should I stick with the old FP system we're comfortable with, or try out this new thing? Is MyMagic+ worth it? How limited are the old FPs because of the new system? We love park hopping, so the new system doesn't really sync with our plans, but man does it sound exciting.

Currently because MyMagic+ is in testing you technically are doing both. You get the regular card and the band. The band does all the + stuff the card does all the old fashioned stuff. In other words you can still use old FP and still test the bands and FP+.

I know right? Lol. Many people who have reported back have confirmed. You can even enter the park using the band and then get a regular FP at the regular kiosks.

That is absolutely phenomenal and makes the fact that I'll be turning 30 midway through the trip not matter anymore. I was convinced that testing the Magic Band meant you were inelligible for the regular card and there for couldn't get paper FPs.

I seriously had a moment of pure happiness there. If I were Angel from Buffy, I'd have lost my soul right now.

So when you check in, they'll give you a KTTW card like normal, even if you have the band?

That is absolutely phenomenal and makes the fact that I'll be turning 30 midway through the trip not matter anymore. I was convinced that testing the Magic Band meant you were inelligible for the regular card and there for couldn't get paper FPs.

I seriously had a moment of pure happiness there. If I were Angel from Buffy, I'd have lost my soul right now.

So when you check in, they'll give you a KTTW card like normal, even if you have the band?

:lmao::lmao::lmao: You just lived up to your caption - that was pretty geeky!

Have a great birthday!

I arrive at Art of A on Sept 28. I am crazy excited because I just ordered our Magic Bands.

I was able to do some FP + reservations for Sept 28 only, not available for the days after that? Will it come up later?

Thanks all!

PS wish they came in purple. :rolleyes:

I arrive at Art of A on Sept 28. I am crazy excited because I just ordered our Magic Bands.

I was able to do some FP + reservations for Sept 28 only, not available for the days after that? Will it come up later?

Thanks all!

PS wish they came in purple. :rolleyes:

My wife was disappointed there was no purple as well.

As for me, I'm all about orange. The band will match my Chucks.

My wife was disappointed there was no purple as well.

As for me, I'm all about orange. The band will match my Chucks.

Tell your wife not to worry. I saw a Cover Band she can buy when she gets there that's purple. Boom - purple band. Of course it will cost you a little extra but then she'll have a fancy accessorized band. Happy wife, happy life. :)

Going to Pop Century 17-27 Sept. Did the online check in weeks ago and got the FP+ links about 3-4 days ago but no option to customize Magic Bands until today. I "re checked in" and after that, had the link to "personalize magic bands". YEAH!!! Super excited to try them out! :dance3:

Sweet! The re-checkin trick worked for me too! :cool1:

Is the FP+ for Illuminations only available certain nights? I was hoping to be able to get it while I am there, but it isn't coming up for me.

For all those that have been able to customize magicbands, were you able to select your pin during the customization process?

I have a friend that customized bands but nothing came up about the pin, just wondering if that is the norm.

For all those that have been able to customize magicbands, were you able to select your pin during the customization process?

I have a friend that customized bands but nothing came up about the pin, just wondering if that is the norm.

I was asked to select a pin for all of the adults in my party during online check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter