Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Has anyone had luck book FP+ for BOG on 9/28? It keeps telling me there is no availability, but that's our MK day and I really don't want to rearrange all our plans at this point!

Just for anyone looking at doing 'ghost' reservations.

You will have to keep the reservation and pay for the day your not using the hotel.

I wanted to see what would happen as I have a 'ghost' reservation for the day before our stay and removed two people from the reservation to see if their FP+ options would stay. NOPE!

As soon as I removed the two people their option for FP+ was removed immediately and all FP+ options they currently have were cancelled.

So it does seem that the MB and FP+ is linked to your room reservation and NOT linked to your ticket as expected by others.

Just to update my original post.

I find the system is really not sure what to do with cancelled reservations with FP+ ALREADY SELECTED.

I originally lost my FP+ options and the ability to add new ones, however, if I click into my individual day I still see the FP+ options I picked still listed and can update them to change rides or times. I CAN NOT select the option "Select and Replace" or the "Copy" section.

So it seems you could possibly still have the FP+ for the park selected and could make changes to those in that park only. You just don't have access to change parks with a new selection of FP+.

Just called and spoke with a CM about adding one night RO at POP before we check into POFQ 9/20-29. I was told that RO reservations will not be offered Magic Bands or FP+ because these options are not available without a package that includes park passes. I specifically asked about if the RO ressie was linked to my package ressie- does this make it all one big package? The answer was- no it does not. The RO will have a separate ressie number and be considered a separate ressie all together. He insisted that those with RO ressies are not able to customize/order MB.

Has anyone sucessfully customized MB with a RO ressie?

Do we know if all FP+ will be cancelled if the RO ressie is cancelled?

Thanks!:scared:

I have a room only and was able to order magic bands. I haven't been able to book FP's. The IT department is trying to link my premier passports to my reservations. They said they would call me when they figure it out.

I have a room only and was able to order magic bands. I haven't been able to book FP's. The IT department is trying to link my premier passports to my reservations. They said they would call me when they figure it out.

I have a RO for one night at POP and already received my magic bands. I don't know how it will work after I check out of POP but I have the magic bands.

Oh man, I just realized that it is Friday and UPS doesn't deliver on the weekend, so no MB until Monday.:(

Just to update my original post.

I find the system is really not sure what to do with cancelled reservations with FP+ ALREADY SELECTED.

I originally lost my FP+ options and the ability to add new ones, however, if I click into my individual day I still see the FP+ options I picked still listed and can update them to change rides or times. I CAN NOT select the option "Select and Replace" or the "Copy" section.

So it seems you could possibly still have the FP+ for the park selected and could make changes to those in that park only. You just don't have access to change parks with a new selection of FP+.

So this is for the people you dropped from the reservation? Did you add them back in order to access this? Or are they still cancelled?

What do you mean modify? How are you doing online check in so early? On MDE? Thanks

Yes, I did online check in on MDE about a week ago - we were less than 50 days out at that point. It might have allowed us to do online check-in slightly before that point, but I only noticed it last week.

So this is for the people you dropped from the reservation? Did you add them back in order to access this? Or are they still cancelled?

The two left off the reservation CANNOT use the two options I stated above. I CAN'T copy my reservations to them nor can I select any other resort they didn't already have a FP+ selected in.

I CAN change times and rides for both of them for the park selected originally. I just can't change parks or select the replace FP+ option.

The two left off the reservation CANNOT use the two options I stated above. I CAN'T copy my reservations to them nor can I select any other resort they didn't already have a FP+ selected in.

I CAN change times and rides for both of them for the park selected originally. I just can't change parks or select the replace FP+ option.

So they still have their fast passes listed, but you are limited in your ability to change them?

Just called and spoke with a CM about adding one night RO at POP before we check into POFQ 9/20-29. I was told that RO reservations will not be offered Magic Bands or FP+ because these options are not available without a package that includes park passes. I specifically asked about if the RO ressie was linked to my package ressie- does this make it all one big package? The answer was- no it does not. The RO will have a separate ressie number and be considered a separate ressie all together. He insisted that those with RO ressies are not able to customize/order MB.

Has anyone sucessfully customized MB with a RO ressie?

Do we know if all FP+ will be cancelled if the RO ressie is cancelled?

Thanks!:scared:

Yes, we have a package booked through ASMo's in Sept. A few days ago I made a RO reservation for the night before our ASMo's package starts at Pop, and as soon as I did that, I was able to make fastpass+ selections and customize our magic bands. We have 2 different parties/rooms and yesterday I received our magic bands and this morning I received the other parties (I just had them ship it to me, as the other ppl. probably have no idea what a magic band is right now lol).

Obviously, since I haven't been there yet or tried it, I don't know for sure what'll happen after our RO reservation is over, but I really just don't see how it would cancel our fastpasses etc.

I don't have any tix booked with the RO reservation at Pop, but as soon as I booked it, the system had already linked our ASMo's package with tix to the magic band, which is how we were able to make fastpass+ selections. The magic band/fastpass+ will only allow you to make fastpass+ selections for the amount of days your package has tix for.

It just doesn't make any sense that Disney would disable the magic band (which I'm pretty sure you can enable yourself) when the whole point of the magic bands is for ppl. to use them on multiple trips.

I know there was a pp who stated they had to get 2 separate sets of magic bands for their split stay, but perhaps that was in the early testing??

I just don't know why it would allow me to make fastpass+ selections when I don't have any tix associated with my RO reservation, if in fact it's all separate. I guess we'll find out, but my gut feeling is that we'll still be able to use it (honestly, I think those who make "ghost" RO reservations and then cancel them will also be able to use it) without any issues. It seems that once you physically have the magic band, you're set...supposedly you don't even have to technically check-in to your resort on your arrival day before heading to a park, as long as you have the magic band.

There have also been multiple reports of ppl. calling WDW and the CM's stating that they will be able to use the magic bands and fastpass+ selections after they check out of the testing resort etc.

So they still have their fast passes listed, but you are limited in your ability to change them?

yes, I am limited with picking new FP+ option but can see them still listed for both people I removed from my reservation.

I have no idea if their MB would work at all. But I still see FP+ option listed that I originally selected for them when I click the itinerary calendar.

It just doesn't make any sense that Disney would disable the magic band (which I'm pretty sure you can enable yourself) when the whole point of the magic bands is for ppl. to use them on multiple trips.

I know there was a pp who stated they had to get 2 separate sets of magic bands for their split stay, but perhaps that was in the early testing??

I just don't know why it would allow me to make fastpass+ selections when I don't have any tix associated with my RO reservation, if in fact it's all separate. I guess we'll find out, but my gut feeling is that we'll still be able to use it (honestly, I think those who make "ghost" RO reservations and then cancel them will also be able to use it) without any issues. It seems that once you physically have the magic band, you're set....

The whole point of the Magic Bands right NOW is testing so things aren't necessarily going to function as they ultimately will when they go live. I'm kind of feeling the same as you - the bands seemed to be linked to your MDE account. It's probably unnecessary to get multiple bands even now, but maybe they're just not concerned about that right now and are instead more focussed on shipping them out really fast.

Just logged into DME and now able to personalize MagicBands!!! Arriving BC in 29 days. I was brave and did it on my phone while sitting in car (as passenger) on our way home - site thankfully worked fine and i personalized all 5 of our bands in about 3 minutes!! YEA :)

Just logged into DME and now able to personalize MagicBands!!! Arriving BC in 29 days. I was brave and did it on my phone while sitting in car (as passenger) on our way home - site thankfully worked fine and i personalized all 5 of our bands in about 3 minutes!! YEA :)

Quite impressive on the phone app!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter