Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

HS now has all attractions and shows listed. AK has added a few and EP IS the same. Hoping for some parades or fireworks to be added soon :) can't wait to get it all planned!

Just to clarify, I didn't mean fastpass+ testing. I meant there are testing phases for almost everything Disney rolls out. Last year during out trip little mermaid was testing, dumbo queue, and magic bands and RFID cups and some photopass changes.

And I agree that the kids are gonna be the most disappointed...I don't want to explain to my 4 year old why he doesn't get a band.

I didn't mean to sound totally snotty, it was just an earlier poster that struck a chord. I actually agree with most of your post. I just don't get the person following this thread to post and say she doesn't want to be a lab rat anyway... Testing really improves the experiences in the future and as a techie I hope to contribute!

We're totally on the same page. For the record, if the Disney gods somehow allowed me to be a lab rat or a guinea pig or a stool pigeon or a whatever, I'd jump at the opportunity to have the FP+ and magicbands. But since that doesn't look like it's in the cards, I'll live vicariously through those that can participate (and not-so-secretly hope it won't impact me!) :goodvibes

Ok I am staying at POP 9/13-9/20 and I can now make FP+ selections online. I cannot however choose or customize Magic Bands, still getting the must link bands message. I do have a full package, I am not room only. I have not received an email invite or letter in the mail, yet I can select FP+ now. Will be interesting to see if in the coming week the customize band option will pop up for me too. I'm guessing at some point it will? Fingers crossed.

And I agree that the kids are gonna be the most disappointed...I don't want to explain to my 4 year old why he doesn't get a band.
Yes, I too am not looking forward to giving a "life isn't fair" speech to a 4 year old on her first trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth."

Maybe the kids won't notice until they are in the world section of Epcot and then us adults can at least dull the pain with a drink or two around the world... lol

Hoping my daughter's meltdown happens near Mexico (tequilla) or the UK (a good pint of Guinness or Harp sounds spectacular right now)

Yes, I too am not looking forward to giving a "life isn't fair" speech to a 4 year old on her first trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth."

How about a "you get to come here which a lot of ppl don't ever get to, so lets be happy for us and happy for them and not such a selfish brat" speech? No wonder we live in an all about me society. To a 4 yr old its just going to be a cool bracelet and nothing more. I would like to think the over all experience of Disney would be enough to not let this ruin it.

Just don't book any or request a band. If you get an email saying to order Magic Band just call and ask to option out. I was like you until I could do it but now am really excited. What I am not looking forward to is when it is our only option and I am only getting 3 FP a day.

I agree wholeheartedly. If anything, they should up it to 5 or offer a pay option to get more. I paid for FPs at Six Flags ($30 for the day) and we didn't wait on any line the whole day. We went on every ride in the park that was open..If we didn't have it, we would have probably only been able to get on four or five coasters, because the waits were 90 minutes - 3 hours all day.

We have Annual Pass Vouchers and it is not letting us link it to get the Magic Band customization options. I just wanted to see what the choices are before we make any decisions. Has anyone here linked an Annual Pass that hasn't been activated yet? And if so, how did you do it?

Thanks guys and gals!!

Maybe the kids won't notice until they are in the world section of Epcot and then us adults can at least dull the pain with a drink or two around the world... lol

Hoping my daughter's meltdown happens near Mexico (tequilla) or the UK (a good pint of Guinness or Harp sounds spectacular right now)

You could keep an eye out for an inexpensive bracelet for her-pick it up before the trip.

Another option (J/K)...You could say that the kids wearing the bands all have early bedtimes. Too bad for them. ...:laughing:

Actually my 4 year old knows what they are about and has asked about them before. And I said maybe next year (because we heard there was a sept roll-out). So it's more to him. But, he will be over it in two minutes. But he knows he's lucky enough to get to visit Disney...no spoiled brat action allowed over here.

Actually my 4 year old knows what they are about and has asked about them before. And I said maybe next year (because we heard there was a sept roll-out). So it's more to him. But, he will be over it in two minutes. But he knows he's lucky enough to get to visit Disney...no spoiled brat action allowed over here.

Oh my I hope he will be distracted by Disney. I'm gonna be disappointed enough not getting one I don't know what I would do if I had to explain it to a disappointed child.

How about a "you get to come here which a lot of ppl don't ever get to, so lets be happy for us and happy for them and not such a selfish brat" speech? No wonder we live in an all about me society. To a 4 yr old its just going to be a cool bracelet and nothing more. I would like to think the over all experience of Disney would be enough to not let this ruin it.

Well, wouldn't that surmount to a "life's not fair" speech? Though I'd probably refrain from calling my child names, even she, at 4, is above name calling ...

I thought the same thing. Not sure why the quote function is saying I said the spoiled brat thing...haha. Totally wasn't me :) I'm sure our kiddos will be happy to just be there (but a little sad when they realize they can't have one...kinda like how my 4 year old always wants the monorail model...no way little dude)!

I thought the same thing. Not sure why the quote function is saying I said the spoiled brat thing...haha. Totally wasn't me :) I'm sure our kiddos will be happy to just be there (but a little sad when they realize they can't have one...kinda like how my 4 year old always wants the monorail model...no way little dude)!
It's probably becaue I don't know what I am doing! LOL!

Seriously...it's just a rubber band. I have to imagine 4 year olds have far more interesting things to be tempted by at Disney World.

Well. Made the jump to POP better for my plans but able to select FP+ but not bands yet. Was had but just wanted a Magicband SO SO MUCH!!!!!

I am amazed on some of the posts on this thread.

I can understand some mild disappointment at this time if you have not been selected yet and wanted to be. It is a pretty cool piece of technology and the newest thing going forward.

However, the whole "Woe is me, my vacation is ruined" and people who are
talking about changing resorts 30 days or so before there trip for a "chance" to be selected or trying to buy someone elses used magic bands online for a high price (when Disney includes them for free if you are selected) is crazy to me. Regardless,if we got selected or not, I am still going to Disney World, one of the greatest places on Earth. And that in and of itself is a privilege.

Even so, It has not been much time since a lot of the Fastpass+ have even been made available. And many people who can do it have not even received any notifications from Disney about it. So who knows how things are even going to progress.

And it is one of the slowest times of the years, in alot of cases you probably will not even need a fastpass.

I could go on and on.....

My advice would be to relax and enjoy the experience. You are going to Disney World very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter