• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you should keep your nasty comments to yourself. These boards are meant to be helpful and not hurtful. If it doesn't involve you, why are you lurking here?

Not lurking and It does involve me I've paid good money for my trip and don't want it ruined having to deal with testing being done and backing things up when I'm there. I love the way people say everybody has rights,
just don't try to express yourself.

I agree. We are at POFQ. Tried to switch to POR and I can't since I did online check in a few days ago. I feel like there's a party 75% of the people got invited to and we got left out. I might as well of stayed stayed offsite and saved the money. I'm going to disney at least I can eat and soak up atmosphere even if I can't ride anything. We don't do standbys longer than 20 minutes. Ok off my pity box..,,, for now.

Online check in doesn't prevent you from switching resorts. Availability would, of course.

Well, I struck out on both ends. Member services didn't do anything for me either. Hopefully, it isn't affecting my ability to use FP+. Either way, we've done many trips without it before, I'm sure we'll "survive" without it this time too!

I'm so sorry...I'll wish for some :tinker: Pixie Dist that it all behaves

I'm staying at the POP Sept. 14-24th. I was able to book my FastPass+ selections today, but nothing was linked under the Magic Band section.

Here's the one difference I hadn't read on the thread so far:

It stated that unless I already had a Magic Band ordered, I may still need to link my ticket. (I bought my ticket at AAA, and it IS linked to my reservation using the Barcode ID. In "My Reservations" under tickets, it lists the right amount of days, and the right type of ticket....all good....) However, when I attempt to re-link my ticket through the Magic Band "page" using the Barcode ID, I get the following message in red:

"This ticket or pass has already been converted to paperless ticket or pass."

I'm not sure if that means that the Magic Band "process" is in the works for my ticket, and I just need to keep checking daily or what..... I just pray I have some sort of ticket to use to get in when I arrive!! LOL

I was going to call, and see if they could tell me what that message means, but I'm reading that cast members are not fond of folks bring up the dreaded "Magic Bands", so I guess I'm going to keep logging in to see what comes to pass!

This is all still the testing phase and not fully rolled out, so regular paper FP's will still be available.

Dan

Yes this is true but the left out cant double dip like the others. Use fp+ and KTTK card.. That means a lotta FP per park per day. Males me feel I should have stayed off site for the first time and saved money. We're not using EMH so no real bonus anymore.

Not lurking and It does involve me I've paid good money for my trip and don't want it ruined having to deal with testing being done and backing things up when I'm there. I love the way people say everybody has rights,

If you've ever been there before then you've been during testing. (Probably didn't even know it). It's just part of life and supporting a big enterprise like Disney...they have to improve and it is going to affect people. Get over it. Or don't go. "Expressing my opinion".

Called and IT person told me you, if you are selected you have to receive an email or letter in the mail and this is about 10 out, if your resort is selected. We are staying at POR Sept 1 -7.

So what does this mean? Everyone who has been able to choose FP+ and customize bands has been able to because of a fluke? That doesn't make sense... Nothing against you, of course. But how can this be? Are we just supposed to wait until 10 days out to see if our choices are for real?

Your comment said nothing about concern about testing affecting your trip. Instead you implied we were all crazy for wanting to be testers.

I agree. We are at POFQ. Tried to switch to POR and I can't since I did online check in a few days ago. I feel like there's a party 75% of the people got invited to and we got left out. I might as well of stayed stayed offsite and saved the money. I'm going to disney at least I can eat and soak up atmosphere even if I can't ride anything. We don't do standbys longer than 20 minutes. Ok off my pity box..,,, for now.

I don't see how this will keep you from riding things. There will be the same amount of FP distributed as always, just in different manners. 75% of ppl aren't getting this opportunity. More like 40%. And a lot of ppl going are t even going to know this is going on if they don't check MDE on a regular basis. If I didn't follow DIS I would have never had an idea. I think they picked the perfect time to do a bigger roll out and it not really affect those not testing. It's September, which means the years smallest crowds. Most ppl go and ride things multiple times a day, even without using FP. I would have been bummed if we weren't at a testing resort, which I really figured would be the case, but I really don't understand why everyone is taking it so personal. I don't think it's going to have a negative impact on anyone's stay.

Well, it finally has let me login to the FP+ page as well. and every date of my vacation is available (9/25 - 10/6). Now, how do I go about opting out so I can use regular FPs instead (until all the bugs are worked out of the new system)?

I can finally access FP+ and magic bands on MDE but it is stating I need valid park admission even though I am on a dining plan with myw tickets.

Does anyone have the I.T. phone number as the regular call center couldn't do anything to access the tickets on the system.

If you've ever been there before then you've been during testing. (Probably didn't even know it). It's just part of life and supporting a big enterprise like Disney...they have to improve and it is going to affect people. Get over it. Or don't go. "Expressing my opinion".

Wow - Lazer, I appreciate you "expressing your opinion"... but the difference this time around is that half of the resorts are testing and half aren't. So smaller tests earlier were not much of an impact. This time around the impact is going to be felt much more for those on the outside looking in since the sheer volume of FP+ users this time around will significantly impact amount of FP's available to non FP+ users. And don't forget that FP+ users can still get FP's in addition to the ones they preselected (a CM confirmed that via Disney Chat today through the help tab - but of course, take it for whatever that's worth).

Additionally, there are attractions and experiences available to FP+ users that are not available to non-FP users, which given the test size seems a little off. Not counting the magic bands (which I can't wait to tell my daughter why she doesn't get one while so many do...), there are fireworks and parade reservations that I can't simply make.

I think that many reading this thread who are traveling in September had hoped/dreaded/expected to be a part of the magic bands and fastpass+ experience since they had announced a roll-out to happen in September... Right or wrong, that's the expectation Disney set this spring which was after I had made my reservation to go.

While so many people who post go to Disney every year or every other year or multiple times a year, for people like me, I probably won't be able to take my family again until probably 2017 or 2018, so it's kind of a bummer having to wait that long. And as a techie who is a first adapter, it's a little more bumming.

Well, it finally has let me login to the FP+ page as well. and every date of my vacation is available (9/25 - 10/6). Now, how do I go about opting out so I can use regular FPs instead (until all the bugs are worked out of the new system)?

Just don't book any or request a band. If you get an email saying to order Magic Band just call and ask to option out. I was like you until I could do it but now am really excited. What I am not looking forward to is when it is our only option and I am only getting 3 FP a day.

Anyone heard anything about POFQ being part of the test?
We check in on the 25th of September and was hoping to try all this out. I'm going to be kinda annoyed if we can't. The rest of our party is staying at POP and if we can't do it, we can't do some things together as we he hoped to.
According to Andre POR is Sept 3 on but POFQ will not be doing it this month

Wow - Lazer, I appreciate you "expressing your opinion"... but the difference this time around is that half of the resorts are testing and half aren't. So smaller tests earlier were not much of an impact. This time around the impact is going to be felt much more for those on the outside looking in since the sheer volume of FP+ users this time around will significantly impact amount of FP's available to non FP+ users. And don't forget that FP+ users can still get FP's in addition to the ones they preselected (a CM confirmed that via Disney Chat today through the help tab - but of course, take it for whatever that's worth).

Additionally, there are attractions and experiences available to FP+ users that are not available to non-FP users, which given the test size seems a little off. Not counting the magic bands (which I can't wait to tell my daughter why she doesn't get one while so many do...), there are fireworks and parade reservations that I can't simply make.

I think that many reading this thread who are traveling in September had hoped/dreaded/expected to be a part of the magic bands and fastpass+ experience since they had announced a roll-out to happen in September... Right or wrong, that's the expectation Disney set this spring which was after I had made my reservation to go.

While so many people who post go to Disney every year or every other year or multiple times a year, for people like me, I probably won't be able to take my family again until probably 2017 or 2018, so it's kind of a bummer having to wait that long. And as a techie who is a first adapter, it's a little more bumming.

EXACTLY. You have hit the nail on the head.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean fastpass+ testing. I meant there are testing phases for almost everything Disney rolls out. Last year during out trip little mermaid was testing, dumbo queue, and magic bands and RFID cups and some photopass changes.

And I agree that the kids are gonna be the most disappointed...I don't want to explain to my 4 year old why he doesn't get a band.

I didn't mean to sound totally snotty, it was just an earlier poster that struck a chord. I actually agree with most of your post. I just don't get the person following this thread to post and say she doesn't want to be a lab rat anyway... Testing really improves the experiences in the future and as a techie I hope to contribute!

Right, anyone from the UK here been able to get MB?
Also, is it 100% correct that people from the UK will have to pick their MB up upon checking in?

Just to clarify, I didn't mean fastpass+ testing. I meant there are testing phases for almost everything Disney rolls out. Last year during out trip little mermaid was testing, dumbo queue, and magic bands and RFID cups and some photopass changes.

And I agree that the kids are gonna be the most disappointed...I don't want to explain to my 4 year old why he doesn't get a band.

I didn't mean to sound totally snotty, it was just an earlier poster that struck a chord. I actually agree with most of your post. I just don't get the person following this thread to post and say she doesn't want to be a lab rat anyway... Testing really improves the experiences in the future and as a techie I hope to contribute!

And it probably doesn't help that Disney IT put all the information for Fastpass+ and MagicBands in everyone's MDE. It has the appearance that it might go active at any moment. I think it only increases interest and makes those that aren't invited to the party feel a little left out. That's human. I totally understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter