• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

This whole thing is just giving me a headache. I have had too many problems with my reservations this vaca and now add this onto the pile. I'm staying BC and YC has been testing. Really? What do I do? Should I try to switch to YC? I don't want to miss out on the mb's because DH has already said it will be a few years till we come back again. I don't even really care about the fp+'s. Oh and now there is activity off the coast of Africa starting to brew - no surprise here - had to kick up, didn't it? :sick::headache:

My thoughts exactly. I may not post on here very often, but I read this website at least twice a day. WHile I am happy for all the people that get to try out the new latest and greatest, I can't help feeling like we are going to feel the brunt of the "good fortune" bestowed upon others while waiting in lines for rides or peering between people's shoulders for parades.

We saved and saved to be able to stay at the WL for our DD's first trip to the World, and I am kinding of feeling a little burned by our decision to give Disney more of our hard earned dollars to get less benefits at this point. Hopefully magicbands and FP+ will still be around by the time we can make it back in 4 or 5 years.

Now I am going to pull my big girl panties up and stop feeling sorry for myself. :wave2:

Hello fellow WLer. I am feeling your pain. We saved for the Lodge too. Stayed there one night when I was little because it was all we could afford. Now we've pooled to stay a week there and we aren't getting to participate in this whereas if we'd not splurged on WL and instead stayed at Pop we would be getting bands. I feel your pain.

Some hotels Aren't all the way online it seems. Poly and POR are giving FP+ and no bands for now. But the same thing happened a couple days ago for pop and eventually bands came online.

Oh, ok! Thanks! I didn't realize this...I'll check again in a few days to see if I can customize. :thumbsup2

Originally Posted by andrewilley
Just to confirm, the first checkin date for guests to get Magic Bands at POR will be 3RD SEPTEMBER, not 2nd Sept.

UGH we arrive sept 2. I don't know if I can't do it at all or maybe from the 3rd on.

how would i go about seeing if illuminations is up on the fastpass+ reservation i have test track as my last fastpass+ pick so would i start the process all over again ?

No Illuminations as of this morning - BUT you just go through the motions as if you are going to re-choose your FP+. There are plenty of chances to cancel if you don't like the new options without impacting original FP+ times you have.

This whole thing is just giving me a headache. I have had too many problems with my reservations this vaca and now add this onto the pile. I'm staying BC and YC has been testing. Really? What do I do? Should I try to switch to YC? I don't want to miss out on the mb's because DH has already said it will be a few years till we come back again. I don't even really care about the fp+'s. Oh and now there is activity off the coast of Africa starting to brew - no surprise here - had to kick up, didn't it? :sick::headache:

The rumor at the moment is that BC has them for sept. I am BC too and when I try to book fastpasses it tells me I need to link tickets first. i dont have tickets yet so I cant link them, but it "seems" like I could book + if I did.

Do your AP's have to be linked to your reservations to get FP +. I have tried to link them, but when I enter the barcode the screen tells me I already have a paperless ticket or pass.:confused3. We check into BC on Sept 12. Is this resort included in the FP+?

So, after seeing all of the activity on this thread, I tried to make FP+ selections for our September BLT trip. I get the "Sorry..." message that others have reported.

But, I also get another error message that I haven't seen others mention. When I look at my reservations in MDE, I can see the reservation, but, at the top of the screen, I see a message that says, "One of your resort reservations needs attention!" I see no problem with the reservation. There are no other error messages on the page. I called tech support. The CM told me everything looked fine with the reservation.

Has anyone else seen this error message? I would like to give my resort reservation more attention (like selecting FP+), but MDE just won't let me!

The error is with MDE on my laptop. On the MDE app, I don't see an error message. I can't make FP+ selections there either.

So, after seeing all of the activity on this thread, I tried to make FP+ selections for our September BLT trip. I get the "Sorry..." message that others have reported.

But, I also get another error message that I haven't seen others mention. When I look at my reservations in MDE, I can see the reservation, but, at the top of the screen, I see a message that says, "One of your resort reservations needs attention!" I see no problem with the reservation. There are no other error messages on the page. I called tech support. The CM told me everything looked fine with the reservation.

Has anyone else seen this error message? I would like to give my resort reservation more attention (like selecting FP+), but MDE just won't let me!

The error is with MDE on my laptop. On the MDE app, I don't see an error message. I can't make FP+ selections there either.

I had the exact same problem for Kidani. I had to call support to get it fixed. The MDE and DVC systems don't play well together.

I have to agree with those who said disney needs to have better communication about this. If it is a glitch why would people be actually receiving magic bands? It's be one thing if you could only do things on the website but to be shipped something like that wouldn't be a glitch.

I had the exact same problem for Kidani. I had to call support to get it fixed. The MDE and DVC systems don't play well together.

Do you know what they did to fix it? When I called, the CM told me I could ignore the message.

I have ressies for BWV and have them linked. I received the same message because of the DVC link. I called DVC member services...they unlinked them, then relinked them and it was all fixed :tinker:

We are staying at AoA Sept 27 - Oct. 5. I have been checking each day to see if we can get the Magic Bands or Fastpass+. So far no Magic Bands, but I was able to book Fastpass+ for the 27 and 28. But then 29 and after nothing. I will keep checking each day and so what happens.

I have ressies for BWV and have them linked. I received the same message because of the DVC link. I called DVC membershervices...they unlinked them, then relinked them and it was all fixed :tinker:

Thanks, I'll give member services a call!

On the MDE home page there is a link on the right side with Magic Bands. If you click it you will either be asked to customize you MB or link your reservation, which means you aren't eligible as of now.

Up until now ppl at still double dipping, which I think is only fair until its fully rolled out. I know most don't see it that way. But how is it fair for say, you to only get the 3 FP+ while I can still pick up 7 or 8 FP. I know most don't see it that way, but come on, it's Sept. some days FP won't even be necessary to ride everything with wait times under 20 minutes.

Hopefully some of us start getting more answers soon :)

I called MDE tech support and they fixed it. DVC member services couldn't for some reason.

Mine was just the opposite. Disney Tech couldn't do anything, but member services had it fixed in about 5 minutes. But mine was because of the link. :tinker:

On the MDE home page there is a link on the right side with Magic Bands. If you click it you will either be asked to customize you MB or link your reservation, which means you aren't eligible as of now.

Up until now ppl at still double dipping, which I think is only fair until its fully rolled out. I know most don't see it that way. But how is it fair for say, you to only get the 3 FP+ while I can still pick up 7 or 8 FP. I know most don't see it that way, but come on, it's Sept. some days FP won't even be necessary to ride everything with wait times under 20 minutes.

Hopefully some of us start getting more answers soon :)

Thanks for the reply. TOTALLY agree with you about the double dipping and I really hope we are able to when we go. So in order to do this I just use my magic band WITH my KTTW card? Does it matter how I get into the park (band vs. card)? I did see the Magic Band on the side but it just asks me to link one. I wasn't sure if the wording or choice changed when it would allow me to customize or if I just need to keep clicking on it and checking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter