• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any safari other than standard and the one offered concierge AKL only?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
I had left myself a note on my calendar to "book the safari" and I have no clue what I was thinking when I wrote that. I "think" that I might have misunderstood the Sunrise Safari offering, which i believe is only offered to AKL Concierge Level guests only. Is there some other type of safari that can be booked in advance?

There's the Wildlife Discovery Excursion which can be booked by all concierge level guests at any resort.

There's also the "Backstage Safari," a backstage tour available for all guests for $65 I believe. It's a tour of all of the backstage animal facilities, and includes a private trip on Kilimanjaro Safaris with more focus on the animals and less emphasis on the storyline. It's a 3 1/2 hr tour that I found very worth it- we got to pet Sammy the rhino, although that's not a guaranteed part of the experience (depends on who's out at the various backstage barns the day you're there)

there is a safari grand gathering that includes dinner. i think it is about $60 per person and you need to have a certain number of people going to sign up. i think it is 8 people. i'm sure others can give you more information if you are interested. if not, try google for "grand gathering disney" and that should give you a link.

we did it about 3 years ago and our family really enjoyed it.

We're staying at SSR through a friend's DVC...what could we book safari wise?? Anything???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter