• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any runners here?

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
I just saw my DH off on the "race to Robie creek" billed as the toughest half marathon in the Northwest. It is pretty famous around here.

So, any runners?

I am not at all, the closest I have come is the Disneyland 5k !

the only reason I am running here is because that finish line was in sight!

712The_Amazing_Women.jpg

I have high hopes to be running by the time I move to Cali in July. It seems to get people in shape faster than many other things and it doesn't really cost anything other than for the shoes! My orthopedic surgeon said I shouldn't because I had a nasty ankle injury then reconstruction in 04 and 05 but its been long enough... I can probably run now! It isn't as stiff as it used to be. I could definitely get into better shape right now!

DH and I are doing the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in Sept. He did the Goofy, I did the Disney 1/2 and we both did the Princess1/2 at WDW. This race will complete the series.:goodvibes

exciting. I wonder what this years theme will be? We had Pirates and it was a ton of fun. That is so impressive to do the Goofy.

I am sort of a runner, just getting back into it so I'm not sure I qualify myself as a "runner" just yet. :lmao: I raced when I was younger but never did anything major. Am wanting to do a marathon sometime in the next year. Up to 6 miles so far. Still debating the Disneyland half marathon if life does not get in the way! great picture Judy!

at 6 miles you should now sign up for a 10k and ease your self into things! I love the atmosphere of running events. I just hate to run.

DH and I are doing the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in Sept. He did the Goofy, I did the Disney 1/2 and we both did the Princess1/2 at WDW. This race will complete the series.:goodvibes

Are you guys aware of the Podcast event that is happening in September, in conjunction with the Half? Head over to the Podcast board and find our thread. Sign in and let us know you'll be there. Pete and the team promise fun things will happen to those joining the event!

My thread should be on the first or second page.

We'll be walking the 5K as a DIS team for Give Kids the World!

I REALLY really wanted to be there for the marathon. I have run several in the PNW, mainly events for breast cancer awareness. But I stopped and had two babies and am not in the shame shape I once was :( I am hoping to be able to run like that again some day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter