any runners here?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by Judy from Boise, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

I just saw my DH off on the "race to Robie creek" billed as the toughest half marathon in the Northwest. It is pretty famous around here.

So, any runners?

I am not at all, the closest I have come is the Disneyland 5k !

the only reason I am running here is because that finish line was in sight!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Boo Bear

Boo Bear DIS Veteran

I have high hopes to be running by the time I move to Cali in July. It seems to get people in shape faster than many other things and it doesn't really cost anything other than for the shoes! My orthopedic surgeon said I shouldn't because I had a nasty ankle injury then reconstruction in 04 and 05 but its been long enough... I can probably run now! It isn't as stiff as it used to be. I could definitely get into better shape right now!

4. Judy from Boise

5. emememem

emememem Once upon a time is now.....

DH and I are doing the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in Sept. He did the Goofy, I did the Disney 1/2 and we both did the Princess1/2 at WDW. This race will complete the series.:goodvibes

6. Judy from Boise

exciting. I wonder what this years theme will be? We had Pirates and it was a ton of fun. That is so impressive to do the Goofy.

7. AZMickeyfans

AZMickeyfans <font color=purple>It's in the attitude woman! I l

I am sort of a runner, just getting back into it so I'm not sure I qualify myself as a "runner" just yet. :lmao: I raced when I was younger but never did anything major. Am wanting to do a marathon sometime in the next year. Up to 6 miles so far. Still debating the Disneyland half marathon if life does not get in the way! great picture Judy!

8. Judy from Boise

at 6 miles you should now sign up for a 10k and ease your self into things! I love the atmosphere of running events. I just hate to run.

9. YellowMickeyPonchos

YellowMickeyPonchos <font color=magenta>Remember when everyone had one

Are you guys aware of the Podcast event that is happening in September, in conjunction with the Half? Head over to the Podcast board and find our thread. Sign in and let us know you'll be there. Pete and the team promise fun things will happen to those joining the event!

My thread should be on the first or second page.

We'll be walking the 5K as a DIS team for Give Kids the World!

10. Krissy Marissy

Krissy Marissy <font color=darkorchid>I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one

I REALLY really wanted to be there for the marathon. I have run several in the PNW, mainly events for breast cancer awareness. But I stopped and had two babies and am not in the shame shape I once was :( I am hoping to be able to run like that again some day....