• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any rumors on Extensions for BCV, BWV or VWL?

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
So I was wondering if there are any rumors (or facts) on DVC offering extensions for the other resorts. If anyone has heard that this might be happening soon, we may just wait and try to buy BCV points through DVC instead of resale as these will have the extra 15 years.

There have been a few posts that I consider "wishful thinking", but nothing that rises to the "rumor" category (IMHO).

If offered, those will sell a lot quicker than OKW.
All things being the same I'd agree. The question is not so much how fast but the percentage of points that are converted. DVC is going to be lucky to get 50% at OKW from what I'm hearing but we may never know for certain.

All things being the same I'd agree. The question is not so much how fast but the percentage of points that are converted. DVC is going to be lucky to get 50% at OKW from what I'm hearing but we may never know for certain.

I agree, 50% would probably be very high for OKW.

BC, WL and BW a totally different situation.

I agree, 50% would probably be very high for OKW.

BC, WL and BW a totally different situation.
IMO, $15 per point is too high at any resort but there might be a few more takers at some of the higher demand resorts. The problem they have now is that if they offer for a lower price and don't refund those that bit at that price, they will have an uproar. There are many reasons to extend the current resorts to the same as the others but trying to actualy make a profit in doing so will likely doom the option. I'd say $10 a point would have been the max to get decent participation. Now I could see them combining it with a new purchase. Say add on 50 points min and extend the current points one owns.

I have heard about 30%....But be careful to fill out the paperwork to deed the additional interest back to Disney if you decline the offer of extension. What will happen is Disney will assess your interest for the additional fee to extend and then, if you don't pay, you might face foreclosure due to non payment.

I did ask at one of the desks on my recent trip and the rep said that he heard that they are going to do extensions eventually on all of them....personally i turned down the okw extension (310 points - I'm 44 years old) - I do also own 100 points at BCV - I might be interested in extending that smaller contract...

I would extend our BCVs for our kids' families, and I would extend HH for us, for our retirement.

I did ask at one of the desks on my recent trip and the rep said that he heard that they are going to do extensions eventually on all of them...

if you didn't hear it from a reputable source - like maybe a bus driver - then i refuse to believe it... ;)

Why? I own at both OKW and BC.

My logic will be exactly the same at BC and the response will be the same. No!

Supply and demand, BC sells for much higher and seems to be more sought after for reservations than OKW and/or SSR. If nothing else I would assume that some "exterders" will be doing so for resale value only.

Supply and demand, BC sells for much higher and seems to be more sought after for reservations than OKW and/or SSR. If nothing else I would assume that some "exterders" will be doing so for resale value only.

if BCV-42 sells for $100-104, i assume BCV-57 would sell in the BLT range of $120-125?

(BTW, i still think it's doubtful that the hotel-linked DVCs will be extended but it's not impossible.)

If you own 150 pts @ $15 per pt = $2250 to extend for 15 more year which would only be $150 per year to extend. .:teacher:

Not a bad deal, but $10 per pt would be nicer

if BCV-42 sells for $100-104, i assume BCV-57 would sell in the BLT range of $120-125?

(BTW, i still think it's doubtful that the hotel-linked DVCs will be extended but it's not impossible.)
Actually it's likely that a retail purchase would bump up to the same as AKV, certainly no more. If the two were side by side today resale and all else being equal, I'd figure $6-8 per point difference, $10 at the absolute outside.

If you own 150 pts @ $15 per pt = $2250 to extend for 15 more year which would only be $150 per year to extend. .:teacher:

Not a bad deal, but $10 per pt would be nicer
To me it's not as simple as $15 per point difference given the delayed usage of 34 years into the future. Given the time value of money, it'd be quite a bit more than truly $15 a point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter