Any rumors of free dining in 2022?

not even any rumors that there will be a dining plan to offer for free.

I've been down there. All the resorts are full. All the restaurants are full. They do not need to offer free dining.

We've been back for a month. My take is, until they can get all restaurants on line with their own staff (not 3rd party) there will be no DDP. I can't imagine paying up front for a family and getting terrible meals and service repeatedly.

We had terrible experiences at Chef's de France (both food and service) and O'Hana (mostly food). Both food issues were primarily inedible steak! $300+ for four people.

We had great meals at Steakhouse71 and Le Cellier. Le Cellier was six people and about 1K and worth every penny!

It's not really free anyway, is it?! It's just a backdoor way of paying for the dining plan, when that's available..... But I do know it's very popular, and agree we won't see anything to do with a dining plan until restaurants are all the way back to pre-Covid business levels.

Free dining was not a dining discount, it was a resort discount. The resorts that are open don't have extra capacity to fill. I don't think they are offering full capacity due to staffing issues, but what capacity they are offering fills up without a lot of discounting.

when do people think it will come back as a paid option

When restaurants are more fully staffed. I don't live in a tourist destination but a pretty decent suburb (4 highway exits, go us) and the steakhouse in town isn't open as fully as it used to be because the owner can't find staff.

as long as Dr Paycheck is in charge - you won't see Free anything at Disney for a long time!

I've been down there. All the resorts are full. All the restaurants are full. They do not need to offer free dining.
Agree as thats what we saw as well.
Until all the restaurants are open and they have open tables, there is no reason to bring back "free dining", unless they need that carrot to fill resort rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter