Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

We haven't even left on our first cruise yet and I'm anticipating the 2014 dates! We missed the NY sailings this year and would definitely be interested in a sailing from NY in 2014. We're in New Jersey so no airline involved! That'd be great.

Someone on Disboards got this email (below). I wonder if they will be making an announcement in Manhattan tomorrow.

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

OMG!!! I;m so there...I work on 43rd St...

Just wondering if any of you in NY felt the earthquake. It was a 4.6 in Southern Maine. We felt it here in Southern NH.

Yep! I wish they would keep one over here, too!

I was hoping for an Easter cruise, April 2014 on the West Coast. With 3 Disney ships in Grand Cayman, I guess the West coasters lose out (again).:mad:

They tried & there was not much demand. They even cancelled the last month or so that was already scheduled cruises for Dec 2012. Granted, it may be due to all the media reports of violence in MX but unless you can offer DCL a better itinerary from CA, they wouldn't keep a ship there that cruises half empty. I would have loved to do a Pacific Coast cruise but they only offered them during Sept and my kids are too old to miss that much school.

Just wondering if any of you in NY felt the earthquake. It was a 4.6 in Southern Maine. We felt it here in Southern NH.

We're about 12 miles from Hollis, it was a very impressive event here. It really scared the kids, they've never experienced an earthquake before. No damage that we can see, but we'll have to check the chiminey tomorrow to be sure.

It felt more like a detonation :eek: with a long rumbling afterwards:hyper:
...nothing at all like the earthquakes I've felt before in Los Angeles.

Anyway, everything back to normal now, kids asleep and dreaming of another ride on the Aquaduck I'm sure!

ruadisneyfan2 said:
They tried & there was not much demand. They even cancelled the last month or so that was already scheduled cruises for Dec 2012. Granted, it may be due to all the media reports of violence in MX but unless you can offer DCL a better itinerary from CA, they wouldn't keep a ship there that cruises half empty. I would have loved to do a Pacific Coast cruise but they only offered them during Sept and my kids are too old to miss that much school.

The problem is that they started with 7-night cruises out of Los Angeles. No one was willing to pull their kids out of school for an entire week on the off chance that they would like an incredibly expensive cruise. Especially an audience that is heavily passholder, which is not used to putting up enormous amounts of money for a limited amount of time as opposed to an entire year of access. They should have offered cheaper and shorter 3 and 4 night cruises. The 2-night shakedown out of LA between the PC and the first MR sold out incredibly fast. I'm kind of offended that they took that model to NYC and abandoned us devoted Disneyland passholders with nothing.

The Wonder's arrival, promotion, and itineraries were handled very badly, IMHO. I spoke to many die hard Disney families who had no idea she was even sailing out of LA. We sailed three times while she was here.

The problem is that they started with 7-night cruises out of Los Angeles. No one was willing to pull their kids out of school for an entire week on the off chance that they would like an incredibly expensive cruise. Especially an audience that is heavily passholder, which is not used to putting up enormous amounts of money for a limited amount of time as opposed to an entire year of access. They should have offered cheaper and shorter 3 and 4 night cruises. The 2-night shakedown out of LA between the PC and the first MR sold out incredibly fast. I'm kind of offended that they took that model to NYC an abandoned us devoted Disneyland passholders with nothing.

The Wonder's arrival, promotion, and itineraries were handled very badly, IMHO. I spoke to many die hard Disney families who had no idea she was even sailing out of LA. We sailed three times while she was here.
You should write to DCL & explain this. It seems they're doing the same thing in Galveston. They have to find a way to fill ships during the school year. I think that's very challenging with any ship or destination if the min cruise length is 7 nts. I think right now, only the Dream offers shorter cruises. Then again, I'd fly to LA to cruise but not for 3/4 nt one. Maybe mix it up. One week a 7 nt cruise, the next week shorter cruises and so on.

I like the idea of shorter cruises from LA as well. I think it would make sense for visitors, too. Right now 3-4 days is about right for a Disneyland visit, so a short cruises would fit in nicely. As it is, many visitors spen a few days at Disney, then fill up their holiday with days at universal, Legoland, Seaworld, etc. You'd think Disney would jump at the chance to get people to keep spending their money with them.

I like the idea of shorter cruises from LA as well. I think it would make sense for visitors, too. Right now 3-4 days is about right for a Disneyland visit, so a short cruises would fit in nicely. As it is, many visitors spen a few days at Disney, then fill up their holiday with days at universal, Legoland, Seaworld, etc. You'd think Disney would jump at the chance to get people to keep spending their money with them.

The only problem with doing a short cruise out of LA is where do you go with it? Just to Cabo and back? On the east coast 3 and 4 day cruises are easy as the Bahamas are a short sail away from Florida.

EastYorkDisneyFan said:
The only problem with doing a short cruise out of LA is where do you go with it? Just to Cabo and back? On the east coast 3 and 4 day cruises are easy as the Bahamas are a short sail away from Florida.

Catalina or they could stop in San Diego My very first cruise was a 4 day w/ Carnival. It was a stop at Catalina and Ensenada. There are options.

Just tried looking up some prices on the DCL website and it says the application is closed for maintenance, fingers crossed today might be the day.

while searching online I found this blog with some possibilities for 2014. I hope they have more new itineraries but I thought I would share the link

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/10/a-look-at-possible-2014-itineraries/

Just looked at the suspected dates and itineraries and I must admit tthat I would feel a tad disappointed, in fact, very disappointed if DCL chose to stick with the same old itineraries.

Wonderful places yes, but we need some change to keep our interest!

JoyB-UK said:
Just tried looking up some prices on the DCL website and it says the application is closed for maintenance, fingers crossed today might be the day.

It's back up. No change yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter