Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

When the spring 2012 Hawaii cruise was announced last year we (mere silvers) had to wait a couple of days for platinum and gold. I was afraid we weren't going to get on. They sold out shortly after we booked, which was the first day silvers and the general public could book.

Then DCL opened bookings for the fall 2012 Hawaii cruise to everyone, and suddenly there were lots of rooms available on both cruises.

They only give advance booking for Platinum & Gold members when it's a brand new itinerary being released.

su_A_ve said:
I expect they'll do 7 days going to PC (day excursion to the parks were very popular) and CC. That's my guess. I think also hearing that canada ports were expensive, so it could be an issue.

DCL could sell out a whole 7 day trip in a day of they do a NY sailing on Nov '14 during NJ week. But WDW would be empty...

Idk if I would like to do a nyc cruise in the winter . The sea days at the begining and end of my june 2 cruise was quite cold on deck with the wind . You wouldn't be able to use the pool the first 2 , and last 2 days imo . And I am never cold .

Hi all,

I haven't been on this board in awhile but thought it might be about time to check out any rumours about 2014 bookings opening up. Anyone have the scoop? I've got a couple dummy reservations that I would like to move and want to be ready to make the switch!

Thanks!

We are cruising in June 2013. Would it be cheaper to book inboard for 2014 or the first day booking is available?

We are cruising in June 2013. Would it be cheaper to book inboard for 2014 or the first day booking is available?

It's almost always cheapest the day they are released. Best thing to do is book when released, then re-shop it when you cruise. If it works out to be a better deal, go with it. If not, keep what you already have.

If you are planning a 2014, then book opening day.

If you are planning also a 2015, then book that one on board.

and was told by the cruise desk that 2014 will be out for sure in October and that there would be new Ports of Call and new itineraries. She further stated that Disney is aware that folks are tired of the same old cruises and that new ports were making changes to accommodate the bigger Disney Ships. So....I am guessing that one of the big ships will get sent someplace new and interesting and maybe the Wonder will go back to Cape Canaveral?

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

and was told by the cruise desk that 2014 will be out for sure in October and that there would be new Ports of Call and new itineraries. She further stated that Disney is aware that folks are tired of the same old cruises and that new ports were making changes to accommodate the bigger Disney Ships. So....I am guessing that one of the big ships will get sent someplace new and interesting and maybe the Wonder will go back to Cape Canaveral?

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

This sounds exciting! Hoping for good itineraries. :thumbsup2

WOW! Thats exciting news!!!

Anyone have any guesses to what these new ports of calls and itineraries may be??

If new ports are being expanded for the Dream and Fantasy, I assume those would be ports of call, and that the D&F would still begin/end their cruises out of Port Canaveral, since they're contractually obligated for at least two more years?

If new ports are being expanded for the Dream and Fantasy, I assume those would be ports of call, and that the D&F would still begin/end their cruises out of Port Canaveral, since they're contractually obligated for at least two more years?

Well, that's ok too. PC is easy to fly to (for us anyway). At least they're looking beyond the same ol Grand Cayman/Cozumel. We LOVED Alaska not only for the amazing beauty there but also that it was sooo new for us. The whole experience was great! We'd love to do the Med but with airfare & excursions it's just too much for us. Well let me rephrase that, I'd have to go vacationless for too long in order to save for it.

I'm fine if they stay in the Caribbean... just NEW PORTS! I've been thinking about taking a Disney cruise for a few years now, but ive heard that Disney just does the same thing every single year.

Maybe like a constant south caribbean cruise throughout the year?? That would be cool. Visit new places like Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, Barbados, Bermuda.

Completely new places are great too! I'm sure all you DCL vets can really speak for me. I haven't been on Disney since '06. Would really like to go again but their itineraries are somewhat lack luster to me!! dont get me wrong, CC is awesome but it would be nice to have new places!

I'm fine if they stay in the Caribbean... just NEW PORTS! I've been thinking about taking a Disney cruise for a few years now, but ive heard that Disney just does the same thing every single year.

Maybe like a constant south caribbean cruise throughout the year?? That would be cool. Visit new places like Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, Barbados, Bermuda.

Completely new places are great too! I'm sure all you DCL vets can really speak for me. I haven't been on Disney since '06. Would really like to go again but their itineraries are somewhat lack luster to me!! dont get me wrong, CC is awesome but it would be nice to have new places!

I'll pass on Ocho Rios! Been there, done that and once was more than enough. A lot of :smokin: was offered to us right in front of our kids. DS12 & 15 were around 5 & 8 then. :rolleyes2 No thanks! I'd love to try Grand Turk & Barbados. Bermuda is nice too.

I'll pass on Ocho Rios! Been there, done that and once was more than enough. A lot of :smokin: was offered to us right in front of our kids. DS12 & 15 were around 5 & 8 then. :rolleyes2 No thanks! I'd love to try Grand Turk & Barbados. Bermuda is nice too.

We did Barbados on the Wonder 10-day cruise in 2006. We really enjoyed that port (more than we thought we would). The island tour was terrific and we had a lot of fun.

I'm in agreement with the PP, I don't mind them staying in the Caribbean, but PLEASE mix it up a bit. There are so so many ports in Eastern and Western Caribbean that Disney hasn't even touched upon yet. Geez, besides Turks & Caicos, there are the following (all of which I have seen on other cruise lines itineraries):

Anguilla
Antigua
Aruba
Barbados
Belize
Jamaica
Martinique
Puerto Rico (back to San Juan again would be great)
St. Barts
St. Kitts
St. Lucia
Trinidad & Tobago

Disney, pleeeeze, give us 5 or 6 new ports on the Eastern and Western. Some of these may require 8 or 10 day cruises, which would be fantastic! I'm ready ;)

I'm thinking about booking a cruise when the 2014 dates & itineraries come out. If for some reason I need to cancel the reservation prior to 75 before the cruise (which I think is the time frame for non-conceriege/suites), would I get a complete refund? What if I need to change the date of the cruise? Can I just transfer my reservation over to that date assuming there was availability and keep the same rate or would I need to cancel the original and start over again using the current rates?

I'm thinking about booking a cruise when the 2014 dates & itineraries come out. If for some reason I need to cancel the reservation prior to 75 before the cruise (which I think is the time frame for non-conceriege/suites), would I get a complete refund? What if I need to change the date of the cruise? Can I just transfer my reservation over to that date assuming their was availability and keep the same rate or would I need to cancel the original and start over again using the current rates?

I'm interested in this also. We haven't even done our first cruise yet but I wouldn't mind booking something for then in case we like it!

Back to NYC would be so great!!! Would love to go back to Halifax but could skip St. John....isn't there anywhere else Canadian the ship could dock??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter