Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

TifffanyD said:
They aren't!

We will be bringing ours though to ensure we don't get stranded one one of the other islands!

Tru dat!! Us too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would never travel out of country anymore without my passport. Just my own preference.

Any guesses on when DVC will release point charts though? I know people don't like to use points for cruises but we have some we need to use before they expire, and I like the thought of the cruise being 'paid off' immediately...;)

I am in love with the 12-night Europe itinerary with Sicily!! I know that will be WAY out of our price range though!!

My family is excited about the 12 night on July 14th from Venice to Greece. We love the fact that they are going to many different Greek Islands. And of course ones I have not been to! We spent a month in Greece in '07 when we did the Med cruise but we only went to islands most never travel too...

The fact that there is only ONE cruise for this itinerary...hope it doesn't book fast. We can book tomorrow the DVC person said at 8am but I am on the West Coast....5 am....yuck!!

Wish I knew the pricing...

Called DVC and no points yet until tomorrow...but the same basic cruise for this summer, with some different ports of course, is 569 per adult (first 2) and 252 for 3rd adult. If it stays about the same I will have enough points...:cool1:
If more then points for some but then I have to pay in full the cash part...really don't like that...
What to do, what to do?:rolleyes1:confused3

Denise, Member Services at DVC said you could book tomorrow? If so, that's great news! I am going to try to book the 10/11/14 Southern in the morning...is it 8am EST?

Thinking seriously about booking the Southern Caribbean cruise. Is anyone else concerned that the dates available are right in the middle of hurricane season? I typically wouldn't be that concerned because I know the ship would go somewhere if a hurricane crosses it's path but in this case I would be booking this cruise specifically for the ports offered.

WolfpackFan said:
Thinking seriously about booking the Southern Caribbean cruise. Is anyone else concerned that the dates available are right in the middle of hurricane season? I typically wouldn't be that concerned because I know the ship would go somewhere if a hurricane crosses it's path but in this case I would be booking this cruise specifically for the ports offered.

Nope! Getting trip insurance tho ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Passports not required to fly to PR. However to take the cruise you need one as you are traveling to islands outside of us.

Passports not required to fly to PR. However to take the cruise you need one as you are traveling to islands outside of us.

I've cruised to the Bahamas and Canada without a passport. If it's a closed loop cruise, passports are not required.

Gonma said:

Only if you get off the boat (don't ask me why I would go on a cruise to not get off the boat). The story of the Carnival ship that had the fire mentioned how they were going to take them to a port in Mexico. Apparently 900 on that boat did not have a passport and would have had issues getting home (flying). Again I don't know how that can be, and I don't know the itinerary but I thought you'd need a passport, too, but in this case, apparently not!

Only if you get off the boat (don't ask me why I would go on a cruise to not get off the boat). The story of the Carnival ship that had the fire mentioned how they were going to take them to a port in Mexico. Apparently 900 on that boat did not have a passport and would have had issues getting home (flying). Again I don't know how that can be, and I don't know the itinerary but I thought you'd need a passport, too, but in this case, apparently not!

Nope, I've not had to have a passport to get off the ship either for the Bahamas (twice) and Canada. There may be some places where you have to, but that is not a given just because you are getting off the ship in any foreign country.

I'm not sure why passport questions are so prevalent.

They are not necessary on a closed loop cruise BUT it sure makes things a lot more difficult if you don't have them and something goes wrong. Even if something doesn't happen to the whole ship, as in the Carnival incident, what if something happens to you or a family member? Medical emergency?

Don't understand why the risk is taken so often. :confused3

Not concerned either. I did say "Oh that's during hurricane season - hope that helps the prices!". I can't plan my life around freak occurances of nature :goodvibes

I'm not making recommendations to anyone one way or the other. I think it's a personal choice and everyone is entitled to their decisions. I just like to make sure everyone knows they do have the choice as, like you mentioned, they are not required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter