Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

I hear ya... 10 nights is hard for us... and NY pricing would be insane. I looked up the past Southern Itinerary and I'd be happier if they cut St Thomas (and CC?) to make it a 7-8 day. Also... if it leaves on NYE it will run past school vacations, right? Might be a tough sell...

FYI - This is the itinerary that they cancelled in 2010. Maybe the economy's better now, but they turned it into 2, 5-night Bahama cruises. Really stunk for the poor people that were on it but couldn't for personal reasons rebook on the Christmas cruise. That one was basically sold out when she sailed.

3princessMommy said:
FYI - This is the itinerary that they cancelled in 2010. Maybe the economy's better now, but they turned it into 2, 5-night Bahama cruises. Really stunk for the poor people that were on it but couldn't for personal reasons rebook on the Christmas cruise. That one was basically sold out when she sailed.

I remember that because I booked the second leg of that - it was a 5-night double dip and was a huge bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said that it would be so late what with school calendars. If I booked it I would be worried that it would be chopped up like that.

TifffanyD said:
That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said that it would be so late what with school calendars.

We didn't go back in our county until Jan 7th this year; that's pretty late....

But a 10 day cruise starting dec 31 would keep them out thru jan 10

Plus some schools go back earlier

But a 10 day cruise starting dec 31 would keep them out thru jan 10

Plus some schools go back earlier

Maybe it will begin earlier - like Dec 26th. That would work for us - even if I had to pull the kids out for a day or two (more than that would be too hard for my high schooler).

Jodie

Silverfox97 said:
We didn't go back in our county until Jan 7th this year; that's pretty late....

We live in Greenville County, SC. The school calendar has just been published for 2013-2914 and we don't go back until January 6th. This year it was January 2.

MND said:
Wow, that's a long school year! :rotfl2:

REALLY! Surely, you could understand my meaning. But if not, I shall explain... For school year 2012-2013 we went back to school on January 2nd (Wednesday). For the upcoming school year we return after the Holiday break on January 6th (Monday) giving us 4 extra days.
Hope that makes it more clear for you.

YankeeFirecracker said:
REALLY! Surely, you could understand my meaning. But if not, I shall explain... For school year 2012-2013 we went back to school on January 2nd (Wednesday). For the upcoming school year we return after the Holiday break on January 6th (Monday) giving us 4 extra days.
Hope that makes it more clear for you.

The PP was making a joke, because the typo was amusing. Hence their use of the ROTFL icon.

Hmmm.... maybe that's how the end of the Mayan calendar happened. Ooops! I didn't mean to end the world then! :rotfl2: :lmao:

Just a little teasing Yankee. :grouphug: Not that there are no mean Disboarders but not usually on the cruise boards. Now the family or budget boards, whew, they have their claws out 24/7 & ready to pounce at a moment's notice.;)

We have our calendar for next school year out as well and they gave us the same calendar. It was mid week before Christmas and mid week after new year, this year. Next year, it is the full two weeks.

I tend to start checking in Oct for the next calendar. This year it was up earlier than usual. The funny thing is, I am really good about keeping up to date with the calendar, and in the end, I always end up pulling my kids out of school anyway.;)

ruadisneyfan2 said:
Hmmm.... maybe that's how the end of the Mayan calendar happened. Ooops! I didn't mean to end the world then! :rotfl2: :lmao:

Just a little teasing Yankee. :grouphug: Not that there are no mean Disboarders but not usually on the cruise boards. Now the family or budget boards, whew, they have their claws out 24/7 & ready to pounce at a moment's notice.;)

Have you been on the non-Disney message boards. Now they can be scary! :scared: lol

:) maybe just some of the ones I've been reading have been scary. I'm happier here on the DIS but can't knock the info over there either. This IS the happiest place on message boards though right?

Can't wait for official news on the rest of 2014!!!

Ok - no comments on the 5n Bahamian Holiday cruise? I have a feeling they will do this with the Dream again. They pulled the 9n alaska link, but this one is still there - it links to the regular 5n.

su_A_ve said:
Ok - no comments on the 5n Bahamian Holiday cruise? I have a feeling they will do this with the Dream again. They pulled the 9n alaska link, but this one is still there - it links to the regular 5n.

I would be interested if it was out of Port Canaveral so it could be paired with a trip to WDW. That would be nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter