• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Just got off the Fantasy today and sorry to say both the Concierge staff and the future cruise sail bookings desk agents said that they were expecting to announce this month, but now it looks like it will be delayed until winter (possibly Jan).

They said there are a few things that need to be ironed out before announcing... hoping new ports...

How does this delay affect those with dummy date reservations hanging on those dates in December? Have most or all of them pushed them into 2013, and is there any penalty or limited number of times this can occur?

Just got off the Fantasy today and sorry to say both the Concierge staff and the future cruise sail bookings desk agents said that they were expecting to announce this month, but now it looks like it will be delayed until winter (possibly Jan).

They said there are a few things that need to be ironed out before announcing... hoping new ports...

Welcome back! I hope there are new ports. The cruise terminal in San Francisco is hoping to remodel Pier 27 to accommodate longer, bigger ships with a capacity of 4000 passengers. :goodvibes Hmmm, that would be awesome!!!! Here's the website: Clicky 1 Clicky 2

peloha86 said:
Welcome back! I hope there are new ports. The cruise terminal in San Francisco is hoping to remodel Pier 27 to accommodate longer, bigger ships with a capacity of 4000 passengers. :goodvibes Hmmm, that would be awesome!!!! Here's the website: Clicky 1 Clicky 2

Would be good for the Magic or Wonder, but the Fantasy and Dream cannot fit through the Panama Canal, at least not until that expansion is done. As it is the older ships are a tight squeeze

Would be good for the Magic or Wonder, but the Fantasy and Dream cannot fit through the Panama Canal, at least not until that expansion is done. As it is the older ships are a tight squeeze

A very tight squeeze!

The larger channels through the Panama probably won't be ready before 2015, and that's being optimistic.

jdb in AZ said:
A very tight squeeze!

The larger channels through the Panama probably won't be ready before 2015, and that's being optimistic.

Tells you what a job that is, they were working on the PC expansion when we were on the Magic in 2008!

That's fine...but they could put something official on their website letting people know an approximate time frame. Where's the harm in that?

How does this delay affect those with dummy date reservations hanging on those dates in December? Have most or all of them pushed them into 2013, and is there any penalty or limited number of times this can occur?

If it is for this December it is already past the PIF date. There is no penalty for changing before the PIF date and it can be changed as many times as needed.

We got off the Wonder 10-14-12.

While aboard, I asked about the 2013 and 2014 DCL schedule, specifically the possibility of a WBTA. According to Pierre and Lisa, officers in the hotel services end of the cruise line, a lot depends on the decisions being made at an excutive meeting that was being held the week we were aboard. Apparently there was a meeting of the highest Disney executives, chaired by Robert Iger, to decide business directions, including the budget and overall business plan.

Specifically, they said a topic on the agenda was the future of the Magic. That would be determining the scope of the drydocking for the ship. So while they could not tell me anything specific, in part due to confidentiality directives, it was in large part because a lot is yet undecided. They did say that Magic would be drydocked in Spain, not Germany nor Italy.

We got off the Wonder 6-14-12.

While aboard, I asked about the 2013 and 2014 DCL schedule, specifically the possibility of a WBTA. According to Pierre and Lisa, officers in the hotel services end of the cruise line, a lot depends on the decisions being made at an excutive meeting that was being held the week we were aboard. Apparently there was a meeting of the highest Disney executives, chaired by Robert Iger, to decide business directions, including the budget and overall business plan.

Specifically, they said a topic on the agenda was the future of the Magic. That would be determining the scope of the drydocking for the ship. So while they could not tell me anything specific, in part due to confidentiality directives, it was in large part because a lot is yet undecided. They did say that Magic would be drydocked in Spain, not Germany nor Italy.
I'm 90 percent sure you were on my 10/07/12 to 10/14/12 cruise, so I think you menat 10-14-12 not 6-14-12. I meant to talk to the future cruise desk to chat them up but they were always either not there or full of people ... :rolleyes:

I asked about the 2014 bookings and the lady at the future cruise desk told me that they wouldn't be available until later this year.

I asked about the 2014 bookings and the lady at the future cruise desk told me that they wouldn't be available until later this year.

Well, there are only two more months left in the year, so they better hurry up before they run out of year!! ALOHA,Karen:cool1:

I was told Late October Early November when we booked our Dummy Cruise soooo probably soon :-) !! I keep checking every day!:cheer2:

Same thing we heard this past week when we got off the Fantasy yesterday. They said this winter (possibly as late as Jan).

bmer1rick said:
Same thing we heard this past week when we got off the Fantasy yesterday. They said this winter (possibly as late as Jan).

That is ridiculous. Other cruise lines have their 2014 dates out there. Boo DCL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter