Any rides scare you??

I used to be petrified of most rides at amusement parks, and just looking at a freefall style ride or a rollercoaster made me feel ill.

Then one day it just clicked, why was I scared, it made no sense. Now there isn't a ride I wouldn't go on, not only in Florida but for the whole of the world.

For Tower of Terror, it's actually not as intense if you simply don't hold on, I know it sounds counter productive, but it really works, to the point where I actually prefer holding onto the handles if I want to get a more intense ride.

The only ride I'm not a massive fan of is Mission Space, it's ok, just not one of those things I feel the urge to do. My girlfriend will ride most things - Kraken at Sea World, Dueling Dragons at IoA, ToT and Expedition Everest at DW... but she will not go on Soarin', it scares her to death!

As many times as I have ridden ToT, I still get this super scary feeling in my stomach - but I ToTally love the ride! I think for me it's more the anticipation of what it's going to do next. Dinosaur is another one I am very scared on - but ride it each trip. The feeling of relief when you finally make it off is great!! LOL

That is me! I was SO scared to ride it the first time, but now I LOVE it! But I still get butterflies in my stomach everytime I get on it!

I think the attractions at WDW are at a very nice level of thrill rides. They are not so over the top that I wouldn't want to ride them and they aren't too mild that they would be boring. I haven't really riden the extreme rollercoasters they have at Six Flags but others have told me they are quite scary. I find EE, RNR to be all the thrill I need! The only ride at WDW I stay off of is the teacups, they make me queasy!

It's funny...I'm ridiculously afraid of heights, and am not the usual thrill seeker. I tend to have more fun just watching and listening to everyone else scream their heads off when they ride the rides. Of course that was until I met my DH. He loves any coaster he can find. So of course I started going on them with him. The first time I went to WDW with him I went on every single coaster we could get on and every time I would freak myself out over the ride, get on it. Scream my head off, and then vow never to go on another one and then get right behind him in line for the next coaster. DH laughs at me because the whole time I'm on a coaster ride, my eyes are closed the whole way.

The one that I wanted to go on was ToT and for some reason I am able to do those drops without a problem, but it's the twisty turns and the upside down moments that just get to me. So to finally answer the question...I am afraid of all of them. :scared: but I go on them anyway, and ridicule myself afterwards.

The Finding Nemo ride section that has the big pink jellyfish (I have a terrible phobia of them).

Dinosaur. I don't like the TRex coming straight at the car at the very end! :eek:

Space Mountain
Expedition Everest (I did it once and thought I was going to die)
Primeval Whirl
Mission Space
Rockin' Rollercoaster
Teacups

I have an inner ear/balance issue so anything that spins or goes upside down is out for me.

None of the attractions bother me, but I've been on a few Disney busses that had me worried!

Tower of Terror. I just took a Facilities Operations class this past semester and learned about how "safe" elevators are- both traction and hydraulic- but still.... ToT is terrifying because the excellent plotline and the whole idea that you know you're going to drop, but you can't pinpoint exactly when or how many times because each ride is different. That's the only attraction that has the ability to make me anxious prior to riding.

Alien Encounter (where Stitch currently is) used to be hands-down the most terrifying attraction in all of Disney. My mom and I were talking about it the other day. Children used to sit in there screaming and crying for it to be over. Heck, even when the attraction was over, children (and adults too, come to think of it) would still be screaming and crying.

i hate tower of terror, but my DH likes it. i feel so bad when i'm too chicken to ride it, b/c he wont go w/o me. The second time i went on it, it was scarier than the first time.. and i left the ride literally trembling!! -and my DH wanted to use our FP and go on it again. i was like um im trembling, that cant be good for my body, so no way! I would LOVE to know what the maximum number of floors it could drop, that would help my fear.. because 80 feet is the most i've dropped (on everest), i know it's not straight down but i'd atleast like to know how much.. please IM me if you know!

I will be laughed at and possible flamed for this but...I am scared to death on the monorail. Growing up it had to stop...right in the middle of a turn! We sat there for maybe 5 minutes but it felt like forever. I have been scared ever since! I am 28 years old and almost had an anxiety attack on it this year. LOL Seriously I am scarred for life over that incident.

Dinosaur scares me too but I still ride it. I tend to close my eyes through most of it though! LOL

I know it's not a terribly horrible ride but for some reason I am scared to no ends of this ride. I rode it once and never care to ride it again. My husband and kids think I am crazy!!:confused3

I ride everything but I always get butterflies in my stomach right before I ride Mission Space (hate the spinning) and Primeval Whirl (I hate when it's at the very top and whips u around the corner):scared1: FREAKS ME OUT

I WILL NOT RIDE....

Dinosaur (YIKES)
Tower of Terror
Mission Space

I also will not see It's Tough to be a Bug...
I did it once, never again, of course I have a rather large fear of the creepy crawlies...

I think I've rode/done everything else and have been ok with them!

I HATED Tough to be a bug!!! SCARY! :scared1:

Dinosaur. I swear I'm a rational and somewhat intelligent human being, but I swear on my life I thought I was going to be eaten by a Dinosaur. :eek:

I find Primeval Whirl utterly terrifying. I'm sure I'm going to be flung to the ground.

Tower of Terror spooks me because of the drops. I hate the feeling and can't get past that no matter how hard I try.

I used to find Alien Encounter spooky in a fun way. The attraction there now is just lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter