Any rides at SeaWorld for 6 year olds?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Have any fellow Canadians been to SeaWorld? We are planning our first trip there 12/06 and will have our 6 year old (44 inches) with us who is not very interested in marine life. I have no idea how he was born into a family of wildlife/nature freaks, but somehow he was.

We were at Busch 12/05 and he was fine looking at the animals since he could also go on several of the rides there.

but looking at the Seaworld web site, I don't know if there would be much there for him to do??????

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Suzy V

We were just a Sea World with a 4 year old and a 9 year old. We spent a whole day there. We found there was lots to do. There is a huge playground right outside the Shamu exhibit that any 6 year old should have a blast playing at for quite some time. Also there are several shows that are all very entertaining and really don't focus that much on the marine life but simply entertain you. One show is done using mainly cats and dogs which is very cute. Another one has dolphins and whales but also has trapeze artists and divers along with colorful birds and is very entertaining. It is so beautiful in the park and as a bonus they have great Shamu icecream bars (like the Mickey ice cream bars at Disney.) I can't see any 6 year old being bored at Sea World but others may have a different opinion.

Unfortunately the only rides at SeaWorld are Kraken(rollercoaster) and Journey to Atlantis(5 storey drop) and they're more geared toward adults. Kraken is very inversiony and JtoA is not much of a ride, so not rides for kids. The other parks have more rides geared towards little ones.

I think that SeaWorld is definately the kind of park for me, DD and DH. But I know DS would be looking for rides and they simply arent there. At Busch he was happy because he got to do a lot of rides although there were also a lot of animal exhibits (that the rest of us enjoyed much more).
I think DS would enjoy Universal a lot more. He will be 6 the next time we go to Florida but is already into "big" rides so i bet he would go on anything in Universal that he is tall enough for.

We really don't want to got to both SeaWorld and Universal next trip so I'm not quite sure what we will do.

I thought Kraaken was a ride for 6 year olds and thats why I took the ride. It didn't look so bad hey I can do this thought as I decended up up and up I had no idea the ride was so big and looped several times as it went around the park. The ride was a nightmare for me and scared me half to death. It went on and on. I was so relieved when it ended. I then realized the name should have been Kraapen (no explanation required)

Does anyone know the height requirement for Kraken and the Atlantis ride???

Thanks
Suzy

Sorry but Kraken was meant as a little humour here. I would not suggest this ride for your 6 year old.

Hey. We did sign up for the back lot tour and personally got to see and in some cases pet the animals. Definatley a must do your 6 year old will remember for a lifetime.

The Wild Arctic ride would be fine for a 6-year-old who's 42 inches tall (minimum height requirement). Our 7-year-old loved it. But you know, it's not about the rides here... if your 6-year-old likes animals and doesn't think they're "icky," getting to touch stingrays and dolphins, walk right through the shark aquarium (people walk/ride a conveyer belt through a glass tunnel with the fishies swimming overhead), and put his nose right up to the glass where a polar bear or beluga whale is swimming on the other side is heaven!

Kracken is not for 6 year olds, my daughter is 7 and very tall, but not tall enough, Thank God!!

Our family LOVED Journey to Atlantis, we rode it 15 times in a row, my daughter in the front seat was SOAKED!!

The Wild Artic Ride is also fun, but make sure to see The Shamu Show, best show there!!

cassmat said:
Kracken is not for 6 year olds, my daughter is 7 and very tall, but not tall enough, Thank God!!

Please tell that to DD8. She has yet to be on a thrill ride/coaster where she didn't tell me after that it was kind of lame (this includes the new DIVE coaster at Busch gardens). She is 56 inches so I bet I won't be able to keep her off Kraken.
DS6 won't be 54 inches by the time we go to Sea World so at least he won't be able to ride it. He is also a thrill/coaster junkie like his sister.
That is why I think we will veto Universal for some time. I think they would lover the thrill/coaster rides there, but I don't think they should have experiences like that yet.

riu girl said:
Please tell that to DD8. She has yet to be on a thrill ride/coaster where she didn't tell me after that it was kind of lame (this includes the new DIVE coaster at Busch gardens). She is 56 inches so I bet I won't be able to keep her off Kraken.
DS6 won't be 54 inches by the time we go to Sea World so at least he won't be able to ride it. He is also a thrill/coaster junkie like his sister.
That is why I think we will veto Universal for some time. I think they would lover the thrill/coaster rides there, but I don't think they should have experiences like that yet.

Awww mom!

I also own one of those thrill seeking tall for her age DD's. Who was devestated that she was 2.5 inches short for Hulk.

If your 6 year old loves nature they will LOVE Seaworld. Our grandkids have all been at it and perfer it to Disney or Universal hands down. They are love animals and nature. That is not to say they did not enjoy the others but if asked if they can only visit one park on a visit they will choose SEAWORLD every time. He can might be able to ride ATLANTIS (combination flume ride and roller coaster) very fun. Our 6 year olds rode it. I think ht. restriction is 42 inches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter