Any rhyme or reason as to when IGT, OGT and VGT rooms become available?

cbnsoul

DIS Veteran
So we are thinking about going on the Dream on the 10/18 3 day cruise and OGT and VGT rooms are available for the cruises in October before that date but not from the 18th on out through November. Is there any pattern to which the availability of the GT rates follow? (If they become available - obviously they only do so on the cruises that aren't terribly full.) I'm hoping they become available when they are less than 2 months out (which would be next week for that cruise).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So we are thinking about going on the Dream on the 10/18 3 day cruise and OGT and VGT rooms are available for the cruises in October before that date but not from the 18th on out through November. Is there any pattern to which the availability of the GT rates follow (if they become available - obviously they only do so on the cruises that aren't terribly full)? I'm hoping they become available when they are less than 2 months out (which would be next week for that cruise).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe they show up (if they are going to show up) about 45-60 days out. But, really, could be anytime.

As you noted they are on the cruises that aren't selling well, so DCL would have to make the determination when that would be.

:cutie:

I have followed this way too closely!!

VGTs tend to come out 45-60 days before the cruise (more verandah rooms and they can charge more vor VGT)

IGTs/OGTs generally will come out together about 30-45 days before cruise, but was foiled on my cruise, and they came out at day 28.... So, if you really want to hold out for IGT/OGT, you may have to wait for 3-4 weeks before cruise sails. Oh! And they almost always seem to come out on Tuesdays after 2:00pm Eastern...go figure.

HTH!

Wow, you are on it! Thanks so much. I guess I'll wait for next Tuesday and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter