Any reviews of Warner Brothers tour?

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
I'm thinking of doing this tour on my trip in August. I don't want to do Universal's as I want to avoid the theme park. Will it be worth the drive from Anaheim?

It's a very good experience. I have no problem driving all over the Los Angeles Basin, so as long as you don't go during rush hour, it's easy to get around. But not everyone will agree.

Thank you! When does traffic start to taper off? I'm looking to do a full day in L.A. and want to start as early as possible.

I am not an expert on the subject. You should probably check out a website which shows realtime traffic:
sigalert.com

Then you could always use Goolge Maps to route your trip showing drive time estimations befote yuor trip, which can de done in real time.

I'm thinking of doing this tour on my trip in August. I don't want to do Universal's as I want to avoid the theme park. Will it be worth the drive from Anaheim?

We did the Warner Brother's Tour last April and loved every minute of it. We drove from Disneyland and the traffic wasn't bad at all. The tour was very educational, we saw so many sets and props. I don't want to ruin the surprise but you even get to sit on a retired set and it's very cool! If you like movies and tv I highly recommend doing the tour. I think we picked the tour around 11am so we didn't have to worry about driving when everyone was heading to work. The tour was definitely worth the money and the time. If you do go check out the Disney studio, you can't tour it but it's very close to Warner Brothers. We parked our car and walked around the gates and took some pictures. The one building is being held up by all 7 dwarfs and was adorable.

I have done it twice. At least 15 years apart. It was fun. The second time we did on a weekend so the lot was empty but we were able to see Big Bang Theory set since they were not shooting. We also did Ellen. Your on a golf cart with about 10 people. There is a vote for what set to go one. There was some 20's girls and the young male tour guide gave them what they wanted vs. the majority. He knew we were no happy so we got to go on there request=Ellen and BBT the rest of us. If you go on the week day they have an onsite restaurant you can eat at. There is a small gift store and of course "Starbucks." There are a few places where you cannot take pictures.

I did the tour in 2013 and loved it! I stayed in Burbank specifically as it was all I wanted to see in LA at the end of my trip. Make sure you tell the guide what shows/sets you're interested in. A few other people in my tour group wanted to see PLL and Hart of Dixie sets, which crossed over well with the Gilmore Girls sets I wanted to see :)

We have done it and absolutely loved it! It was great and we would do it a second time :)

I have never done it but heard good things about it. Smaller groups, more personal.
As for traffic: avoid weekday rush hour. To there, after 10am is best. Leaving Burbank, by 4 is best. Wednesdays and Thursdays have the worst afternoon traffic. If you are staying in the LA area that day, it may get better around 7pm. It's technically a 6 mile drive over the hill to Hollywood. But the traffic is unpredictable and can take 15-45minutes. Hollywood Bowl events during the summer would make the over the hill drive unbearable. But the LA Zoo, Gene Autry Museum, is just around the corner, same side of the hill. (Not that it's on my list of recommendations, but if you were interested in nearby attractions beyond Universal..)

I did a tour in November although haven't got to that day on my trip report yet but we did an LA/Warner Brothers studio tour combo with the Anaheim Tour company and it was great. They don't have more than 11 on the tour and the day I did it there was only two of us and the guide made every effort to find out what our particular interests were and went out of his way to show us things related to this. The Warner Brothers Studios tour was great as well and well worth the day away from Disney.

I did a tour in November although haven't got to that day on my trip report yet but we did an LA/Warner Brothers studio tour combo with the Anaheim Tour company and it was great. They don't have more than 11 on the tour and the day I did it there was only two of us and the guide made every effort to find out what our particular interests were and went out of his way to show us things related to this. The Warner Brothers Studios tour was great as well and well worth the day away from Disney.
Thanks! I've been looking at this. I'm worried that the other part of the tour will be corny. You've swayed me toward it.

Thanks! I've been looking at this. I'm worried that the other part of the tour will be corny. You've swayed me toward it.
It really wasn't corny. We loved the tour. When I was booking it first I was a bit worried about it as well because we were doing an LA tour with Starline tours a few days before that one but the tour with the Anaheim tour company was great. As I said the tour guide made sure to find out what we were interested in, so like for me Disney, and then on the movie star homes he made sure to go where Walt Disney's old house was and Tim Burton's house, then after the Warner Brothers tour he drove past the Disney studios for us to see and then brought us to a hotel that had old pictures of Walt Disney little things like that. It was all really interesting and the Warner Brothers tour was great. Hopefully I'll have that day up on my trip report before August and you can read a bit more about it then.

We did this tour on our visits earlier this month, was great, our group was quite small only 7 all up....our guide was so informative and it was very relaxed and not rushed.

Most exciting part was seeing our first ever squirrel..I know, nothing to get excited about, but as Aussies, we don't see them here, so daughter - quite loudly - showed her excitement for seeing one and guide allowed us some time to photograph them...lol..she also loved being able to sit on the couch mentioned above.

Have a great trip.

We did the Warner Brothers tour (the shorter option) in August, on what our guide told us was their most booked day in history. Couldn't tell from our side ;-)

The tour was great. You ride a giant golf cart around the studio for a couple hours after a brief movie. We visited several working sets along with going to a exhibit of Batman vehicles and Harry Potter memorabilia. The tour guide we had was pretty funny, looked Orlando Bloom-ish. Saw the lead from Pretty Little Liars who said hi to the group, etc.

The tour was better than the one at Universal. Universal Hollywood seemed like a wasted day when we last went in 2010.

You can park on the street outside the tour for free vs. paying for their lot if you're lucky enough to see an empty space. Also, give yourself a few minutes before the tour to roam around the gift shop where you'll meet for the tour.

Here's another thread on this in case it helps:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/anyone-do-the-warner-brothers-studio-tour.3344950/

We arrived from the north and drove to Anaheim after having dinner at Bob's Big Boy around the corner. Bob's looked very similar inside to the Shameless diner set we went in during our tour.

I had looked into this before for our trip next month, but decided against it. Now you guys have changed my mind again!

I do have concerns about the logistics/practicality of it, though. We're in Disney the 6th and 7th, so we'd be doing it on Friday the 8th. It would also have to be a morning tour (10:00 at the latest), so we can be down in Valley Center by 4 or 5. I'm worried the traffic there in the morning would be horrendous :confused3

I'd would be a dream to see the Gilmore Girls and Ellen set, and that Harry Potter memorabilia :love:

I'm worried now my son won't be old enough. Depending on when we go he will with be 7 or 8.

I'm worried now my son won't be old enough. Depending on when we go he will with be 7 or 8.
I don't think that's to young. He will prob love the Harry Potter and Batman stuff. The tour I did yer one talked alot about Gilmore girls, 2 Broke Girls and stuff like that but that's because the people on the tour asked her about them.

I think the Warners tour is the best of the open studio tours that are offered.
Paramount's is good as well, but you don't see nearly as much. Universal's is tied to theme park admission and more of a ride than a tour.

For a kind of "take your own tour" experience, check out Paramount Ranch as well (short drive from LA)
http://www.nps.gov/samo/planyourvisit/paramountranch.htm

It's free. There were many films/TV shows filmed there and it's like an extended look at the open-air backlot sets that you'll see on the Warners tour.

I don't think that's to young. He will prob love the Harry Potter and Batman stuff. The tour I did yer one talked alot about Gilmore girls, 2 Broke Girls and stuff like that but that's because the people on the tour asked her about them.
I say that because I think there is an age limit. I think you have to be over 7 or 8 years old but I'm not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter