Any reviews of Il Mulino?

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Planning on having dinner here next month..we love Tutto Italia but want to give this one a try....any reviews, good or bad? Any pictures?

We dined there right after it opened and if you like Tutto Italia, you love Il Mulino. The restaurant is themed in dark wood, as you can see.

P1010219.jpg

First to arrive is the obligtory bread basket. Excellent breads with good variety.

P1010013.jpg

Next was an assaggini of sliced sausage and eggplant. Sorry for the out of focus photos, they get better.

P1010012.jpg

DW was feeling a bit off and asked if she could get an appetiser portion of one of the pasta dishes. They suggested a half order of the rigatoni with wild mushrooms, garlic and truffle. DW perked up and raved about it all night.

P1010011.jpg

I asked for something not on the menu, veal piccata and this is the result. Absolutely delicious.

P1010009.jpg

For a side dish we ordered the escarole with kalamata olives and anchovies. Also delicious.

P1010010.jpg

All in all a remarkable meal with an excellent bottle of wine = a most enjoyable evening.

For me, this is THE best place on property for Italian. I love Il Mulino - everything we have had here has been excellent. We have even gone there just to have a drink and split a pizza/flatbread. I think you'll love it.

I love Il mulino!!! the food and service are second 2 none! as you can see the food is true italian and tastes amazing! however the picture of the resturant posted is not il mulino ?? im not sure where it is? il mulino is dark wood but is much better looking than the picture posted. the staff are professional and very well informed! you must try the veal chop or the veal melanaise they are amazing and as for dessert try the cheescake!! yum:thumbsup2

Is the dress code the same as Shula's? Business casual? We are taking a dress for our Shula's dinner to dress up a little so I was wondering if Il Muno was the same?

I'm going to be the naysayer here... we hated it. I went in February with 2 other guys on a business trip.

Decor:
As you can see in the photos, it looks great. Very impressive. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Service:
Terrible. It was quiet, so we were seated immediately. The waiter took our drink order, and was not happy that we all ordered non-alcoholic drinks. He kept trying to push at least wine. He left our table, clearly pissed off. We figured that he wanted to push the booze to get the tip higher.

Big delay in his taking the food order. When we finally got served, we saw him once more when he dropped off the bill. The water boy took care of everything else.

Food:
I don't remember exactly what I got. It was ok. Not bad, but not impressive enough to remember. The other two guys both got Tortellini Alla Panna. One immediately started complaining that it was bland. Eventually the other one chimed in. I figured they were just irritated at the poor service and ready to complain, so I tried a bite. Wow! It was absolutely horrible. No taste. No flavor. Possibly undercooked pasta? It almost tasted like wet flour dough. We got the water boy to take both plates back. I don't remember what the other guys had as a replacement, but they at least ate it.

I know my negativity is based on: 1 bad waiter, and 1 bad dish (served to two people), but those things were bad enough to put a damper on the food part of the night. It took a lot of drinks at Jellyrolls to make us happy again!

Way, way down at the bottom of places that I'd return to at Disney.

I have been to Il Mulino a couple times and am going back during my trip that starts in 22 days (woohoo!). Great atmosphere, service and food. One of my top 5 places at WDW.

I am thinking of booking this one! I can't decide though. We have never been to tutto italia....so if we were going to eat some pricey italian I am thinking Il Mulino would be the best place to start?

Thanks you guys and I LOVE the pictures!

I cannot wait to try this place...the hard part will be deciding what to eat!

We decided to cancel Kouzzina for it...the recent reviews for Kouzzina have not been kind at all.

We've been going ever since they opened and have yet to have a bad experience. We don't drink and that's never been an issue. This is a must-do for DH. We usually get an appetizer each and split an entree as they are more than generous. When we don't do that I just get two appetizers because desserts are delicious. - The Tartufo is my favorite.

We are finally getting around to trying Tutto Italia in our upcoming October trip so I can't help you there as far as a comparison.

Il Mulino reminds me of some eateries up in The Village. Actually, I believe it's owned by a group that comes out of there I think?

I don't know if this gives you some perspective but we also enjoy bluezoo, Flying Fish, Fulton's, Bistro de Paris, and Artist Point to name a few. We are just very disappointed in dining options since DDP so have started branching out and trying more and more off property eateries.

I don't know if this gives you some perspective but we also enjoy bluezoo, Flying Fish, Fulton's, Bistro de Paris, and Artist Point to name a few. We are just very disappointed in dining options since DDP so have started branching out and trying more and more off property eateries.

That helps alot because we love FF, Fultons and Bluezoo!

Oops, sorry, my bad. CelebrationHowie is correct, the photo shown is not an interior shot of Il Mulino. Guess I was too quick on the copy icon. However, this photo is an interior shot of Il Mulino. It's dark due to the restaurant itself being a subdued atmosphere.

P1010006-1.jpg

One negative note. If you're thinking of ordering the Misto Di Mare for Two for $36, I wouldn't. Very stingy offering. Here's what it included (less a clam already eaten).

P1010007-1.jpg

Otherwise, a great place to dine for a romantic evening.

A couple of final notes. The restaurant photo in post #2 above is actually Tokyo Dining. And for Grace1, the dress code for Il Mulino is business casual.

Planning on having dinner here next month..we love Tutto Italia but want to give this one a try....any reviews, good or bad? Any pictures?

MickeyNicki,
Got one coming in my newest set of reviews, with pictures. Probably be posted on Sunday.
Robert P

MickeyNicki,
Got one coming in my newest set of reviews, with pictures. Probably be posted on Sunday.
Robert P

Oh many thanks to you Robert P! I am following along with your review so I will look for it! Have breakfast at Fresh planned too...cannot wait to see what you think of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter