• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any reviews of Coco Key?

happily single

Left foot first!
When we were in Orlando in April it looked like Coco Key was almost complete. I've been to the Coco Key in Massachusetts and this one looked like fun. I also found a decent deal on hotels dot com, but was wondering if there were any "hidden" charges that I should be aware of.

When we were in Orlando in April it looked like Coco Key was almost complete. I've been to the Coco Key in Massachusetts and this one looked like fun. I also found a decent deal on hotels dot com, but was wondering if there were any "hidden" charges that I should be aware of.
My Husband and I were in Coco Cay once. we loved it. We were there on a cruise tour. It had hammocks, snorkeling, It was so relaxing. there were some local vendors, for souvenirs. I would live to go back.

Coco Key and Coco Cay are 2 different things...

Coco Key is a hotel/waterpark and Cay is an island in the Bahamas for the cruise ship.

I've been researching CocoKey for my family as well over New Years Eve.

I've been having a problem booking it past January 1st.

It looks very nice and I'm sure my 7yo will have a blast.

I've gotten prices on their own website for $99.00. I'm unsure if that
is inclusive of the waterpark fee, which I've read it $19.00 per night.

Keep me informed if you go :)

Good luck
Georgette

Just curious why Coco Key and not Aquatica? Since we have a CK in Ma and we do not have an Aquatica I was just thinking that the Aquatica experience would be more unique.

we stayed there the night of its opening and it was ok - we had a room inside the water park area of the hotel - facing the pool and arcade/resturant room. There is a loud "fan" in the ceiling that runs all night long that kept me awake. Very pretty inside. The water under the covering was too cold for us to go in, the water in the sun was a bit warmer but I bet it's better now. We got it for an expedia special where the water park fee was included but when we checked in the paperwork they wanted me to sign wanted to add the water park fee again so I refused to sign it. The manager eventually (20 minutes later although he was standing right there) said I didn't have to sign it and there were no additional charges. When I went to leave they had added on the charges so it took a while to get it reversed. I had my confirmation from expedia so they had to do it.

Why coco key and not aquatica - LOTS of fewer people and some of it is out of the sun. The little kids area is under cover so you don't have to worry about sunburn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter