Any restaurants still open in Vero?

KLR-wlv

DIS Veteran
Hi

My parents are taking our kids to Vero next week and it's their 45th anniversary. I wanted to buy them a gift certificate at a nice restaurant in Vero - tried calling Black Pearl, Cafe du Soir, Chez Yannick - All those numbers are disconnected! I have a feeling it is from last year's hurricanes but does anyone know if they have relocated (I doubt it since the recording probably would have listed the new number) or any suggestions for comparable restaurants? I really liked the Black Pearl - sad that it's apparently not in business anymore....

I don't know about those restaurants, but we just went to Captain Hiram's recently...granted, it's not a super-fancy place, but it's fun.

Hi,

I know that both Black Pearl places are closed. The owner was in his 70's I think and decided to call it a day. Can't help you with the other places....

Greg

Thanks for the replies - I can add Ellie's to the closed list as well...very sad - those were all really nice places.

We arrived home from VB and WDW yesterday. We were very disappointed to find that neither Black Pearl's were open, we were hoping to try them. Tangoes/Tangos??? (not sure of the spelling) got rave reviews from Southern Living Magazine so we did a drive by only to discover that they were closed for 10 days. We peeked in the window though, very sophisticated looking. We ended up eating at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty....horrible meal. We also at at Carraba's and the Ocean Grill both were delicious. Good luck, hope your parents have a wonderful anniversary.

Wow, I didn't know all of those places were closed.

We like Capt. Hiram's. There is a place on US 1 we have been meaning to try-Woodfire Grill or something like that.

There just aren't enough restaurants here, IMO.

I would love a Macaroni Grill or something. We do eat at the resort a lot. The brunch is nice.

My DW and I also like Captain Hiram's. pirate: We also like the Ocean Grill. I know that both have reopened as of December last year.

I would have recommended the Black Pearl, too, but I noted that their website is gone and now I know why thanks to the earlier posters.

One more place we have tried, but I don't know if they are still open is the Riverside Cafe. You get a great view of sunset there. As in Key West, they ring a bell and stop serving for a few minutes to watch the sunset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter