Any restaurant ideas for pre teen girl?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Hi! We have a trip booked for the end of July staying at Poly! We are a family of 4 with a 17 yo ds and a 10 yo dd! My ds loves Disney and enjoys most Disney restaurants! He still loves Chef Mickeys ( and I love that)! My dd though has now outgrown dressing up and has voiced that she wants to try new things for our upcoming trip other than the many Character ( mostly princess) meals that we usually do. Any suggestions? I would still like to make our family trip magical!

Since you're staying at the Poly you could go for Ohana or Kona Cafe. We also really love everything at AKL, from the Poly it's not hard to get to, just hop the monorail to MK and a bus to AKL. Sanaa makes an amazing lunch experience, the food is great and it's on ground level with a safari (I wrote about our meal there here)! Boma is one of our absolute favorites. It's a buffet and mixes more exotic African dishes with familiar favorites so it's easy for everyone to find things they'll like.

You could also try eating around the world, especially around lunch most of the restaurants aren't usually too crowded, and it could be really fun to walk around, explore the different countries, and pick your favorite to try their food! Considering the heat in July, it's a great break from the heat to explore all the buildings and deeper places in WS.

If you want something more of an experience, you could try Sci Fi or 50's Prime Time in HS since they're really amazingly themed but not in a disney/princess way.

You could do a signature restaurant. I can't actually advise on one because I have a 4 year old and it's going to be a long while yet before he has the patience to sit through a fancier meal. But it might be a fun night to have everyone get a little dressed-up and go out to somewhere where she will be treated as more of an adult that at a character meal. Maybe the California Grill for dinner and fireworks?

A dessert party would be something else different. Or maybe, just to keep your finger in the princess pie, so to speak, you and your daughter could do the tea at the Grand Floridian.

another vote for Kona! They have the best breakfast ever! Also Whispering Canyon might be fun for everyone or 50s Prime Time Cafe. Beaches & Cream has really awesome ice cream too! Also in Epcot you could try Biergarten or Teppen Edo. Coral Reef is also pretty cool to try for 1 time, its like eating in an an aquarium. There are so many awesome meals to choose from that are "non characters" lol. Also I know you said she's outgrown the princess stage but 1900 Park Fare for dinner is a ton of fun. It has Prince Charming & Cinderella but it also has the Step Sisters and the Step Mother and they are extremely funny even for those that have outgrown the "princess" stage, lol.

Take her to tea at the Grand Floridian! My daughter loved that! She was 11 when we went.

Laurie

Have you tried the Hoop Dee Doo before? My DD was about 10 the first time she saw it and found it absolutely hysterical. And, it's all you can eat so perfect with a 17 year old boy. Definitely the perfect way to hold onto the Disney magic with tweens and teens.

Her other non-character favorites include:
- 'Ohana dinner, Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef

Have you tried the Hoop Dee Doo before? My DD was about 10 the first time she saw it and found it absolutely hysterical. And, it's all you can eat so perfect with a 17 year old boy. Definitely the perfect way to hold onto the Disney magic with tweens and teens.

Her other non-character favorites include:
- 'Ohana dinner, Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef

Agree with Ohana and definitely Teppan Edo !! Also Sanaa, Boma, Via Napoli !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter