Any resorts you have not stayed at but would like to?

We can only travel at the busiest times of the year. Consequently, all resorts are sold out at the 7 month window (sigh). We have stayed at and loved our home resorts, but have never been able to book into others :sad: what I find fascinating is how many times I have called to find NO ROOMS AVAILABLE...at all. It is stunning.:faint:

BLT and BCV are our favorites. We also have stayed at VWL. We will do AKL one night pre-cruise coming up.

I guess only Grand Floridian.

I've stayed in every existing DVC resort, including HH, VB, VGF, Aulani, and all WDW resorts including regular SSR and Treehouses, and both Jambo and Kidani at AKV.

Would love to try CL at AKV Jambo.
Other then that we have stayed at all the other WDW properties & Vero. I have been to Oahu and it was my least favorite island. Hilton Head you have to take a bus to the beach, not really interested in that.

Would love to try CL at AKV Jambo.
Other then that we have stayed at all the other WDW properties & Vero. I have been to Oahu and it was my least favorite island. Hilton Head you have to take a bus to the beach, not really interested in that.

You don't have to take the bus, you can drive your own car, walk, and bike.

We love that HHI/DVC is not on the beach, we love the cove and marshes, so quiet and peaceful.

Besides while the view of the beach is lovely, what's on isn't always lovely to look at. :scared1: ;)

I've stayed at all the current WDW DVC's except SSR. I've visted friends there but no real desire to stay there. Would really like to try VGF when it opens. Also have stayed at VGC twice, love it! No real desire for HH or Vero, Aulani maybe someday.

We haven't stayed at BLT yet, but hope to one day. We'd like to try GCV and Aulani - someday! We haven't stayed at SSR and don't really have a great desire to. Are excited to be going to our home of VWL for the first time since 2004 in December. We fell in love with BCV & Kidani and have had trouble getting away from those two. We bought the PAP and will activate those in December. We are planning several trips in 2014!

So far we've only stayed at VGC/Aulani/BLT/BWV/OKW.

I'm hoping for BCV this fall, will find out in a few weeks. I'd love to stay at AKV for the balcony/view/rooms, but DH keeps vetoing the idea since he wants to be closer to the parks. Maybe I'll have to take DS out to Florida without him one year to stay at Kidani ... :scratchin Those are the only other two that I really want to stay at.

In Disney the only one we have yet to stay in, is BLT - someday - also no burning desire. I know eventually we will.

Also - Aulani and GCV. Would love to even sooner then BLT - but not sure when. These will take a little more planning ::yes::

We have only stayed at OKW, AKV, BWV, WLV, and HHI. Next to try is SSR. We have pool hopped there and we really love the resort. Going to wait until next year in June so the price of a 2BR is the same as at OKW :thumbsup2

BLT should be hire on my list since I have 3 small children, but it is SO many pts for a 2BR! I think I would rather save the pts for a splurge at Aulani sometime in the future ;)

We have stayed at AKV studio, 1BR, and 2 BR, SSR 1 BR, OKW 2 BR, BWV studio, and VWL studio. I really want to stay at BCV sometime, but we haven't lucked out with a reservation there yet. The only one I haven't cared for so far was SSR. The kids had to come into the master to get to the bathroom. We always make sure we have a 2nd bathroom now except for the trips we take without the kids.

We haven't managed many resorts yet as we have only been members for just over 2 years. VGC was a real highlight and it made me desperate go stay at VWL when we can. We have tried BLT, SSR and OKW at WDW and have BW booked for our next trip.

These are the only two we have never stayed at. We alo made it to VB and HH.
We have liked every place we have stayed, but did have a complaint at OKW on one of our stays. The Cora colored baseboard tiles were chiped in many places, and the looked tacky!!!you could see the red clay instead of the coral tile!

:offtopic:

I am not one that usually wants to wander too far from home resorts (BWV and AKV) though I have stayed at BLT, a couple nights at BCV and once a long time ago at OKW. The one I mean to get to sometime is VWL. It is one of those things where I think I will get there and have yet to do so since it opened. I actually stayed at WL a few times long ago and it is one of my favorite hotels. There always seems to be something that takes me away from making the reservation. It usually goes like this:

Me: Hon, why don't we try VWL next time?"
She: "Does it have animals?"
Me: "No."
She: "Does it have a clear view of the lake and a park like boardwalk view?"
She: "Can you walk to MK?"
She: "Sounds fine but you probably won't really like it."
Me: "You're probably right dear but maybe the time after next."
She: "Sure, we talk about it again then."

I am not one that usually wants to wander too far from home resorts (BWV and AKV) though I have stayed at BLT, a couple nights at BCV and once a long time ago at OKW. The one I mean to get to sometime is VWL. It is one of those things where I think I will get there and have yet to do so since it opened. I actually stayed at WL a few times long ago and it is one of my favorite hotels. There always seems to be something that takes me away from making the reservation. It usually goes like this:

:rotfl2: :rotfl:
Love it!
Sounds like DH and I when talking about OKW and SSR.

We have stayed at all the DVCs at WDW with the exception of AKV and SSR (which is actually our home resort). I think both locations look amazing, but having 3 small kids, we usually spend a lot of time at MK or Epcot, and those two resorts just seem far away. I thought OKW was great, but hated the bus system in that it seemed to take forever to get anywhere. I've assumed SSR and AKV would have the same issues. However, I'd love for my DH and I to have an adult weekend away to SSR and check out the spa and we could spend our evenings at DD. But the resort I really can't wait to visit is Aulani!

RED FLAG.
But you can take a lovely boat ride to MK. Doesn't that count? It isn't walking but it isn't the bus either. So easy, so pleasant: Walk to the boat, board the boat, walk off the boat, walk directly to MK gate. :tiptoe: :boat: :tiptoe:

VWL. Actually we have stayed there-it was our first DVC stay 11 years ago, VERY negative experience. Then we switched to OKW, and DH loved that. So we came home, bought OKW points and sold VWL. However, I've always felt kind of bad that we never gave VWL a second chance, as we'd promised DVC member satisfaction we would. But we've just found other DVC resorts we love so much. However, I kind of feel we owe it to VWL to let them redeem themselves in our eyes-some day!

BCV and VB.

We are planning to stay at VB before our next DCL cruise in May 2014. But so far no plans for BCV. I think one problem is that we really love our home resorts and if we go an entire year without staying at one we have to make it up the next year. And then there are other DVC resorts we really enjoyed staying at and we try to fit them back into our schedule. Maybe we'll have to do a split stay to get BCV in.

Edit: I just realized that I forgot VGC. We won't be staying there until October 2013. So that resort is on our schedule.

I am excited to try OKW in July but this is our firSt trip just the 4 of us so I wish I had the points for BLT

Also desperately want to go to Aulani but don't like the 12 hour flight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter