• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any resort interesting enough to spend 2 hours?

backinseptember

Earning My Ears
We've got 2 half days before and after our (sigh) single day in the parks.

I was thinking I could have dinner plans for one of the resorts that can also be entertaining or at least interesting to visit. We're staying at the Dolphin.

We've already stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian so don't feel the need to see them again. Ones I was considering include:
Boardwalk
Yacht Club and Beach Club
Grand Floridian

Would teenage DD and I enjoy a couple hours before or after dinner/breakfast at any of these resorts?

Thank you!

I'm going to move this over to the resort board.

But before I do, I think that you would enjoy the Boardwalk in the evenings. They have live entertainers (magicians, a man who plays a piano that he rides around on a bike, etc.). You could also rent a Surrey Bike. You could also walk over to the Yacht and Beach Club to check them out (it's only about 5-7 minutes to walk between the resorts).

I'm sure others will chime in with more info.

.within a minute I have 3 responses.....you guys are freaking awesome! :cheer2:

....make that 4!! I took too long to type! :)

It will be quick/easy for you to visit Yacht & Beach Club, and BWV but it really is worth the extra trek to see Animal Kingdom Lodge(animal viewing) , Grand Floridian (ride the monorail), and the Wilderness Lodge (ferry ride to Ft. Wilderness or ferry ride to MK).

The bike ride from WL to Fort Wilderness is nice.

You could always just take the monorail around and check out a few places.

Denise in MI

Or you could walk over to the car rental counter at the Dolphin and go offsite to shop until you drop.

You have to consider getting that stuff home... but there are luggage stores too.

Im gonna vote for AKL as well! We went there for dinner at Boma on one visit and spent hours there before and after dinner. It was awesome and we are very excited to get to stay there for the first time in a few weeks.

AKL. The food choices are awesome,the theming is wonderful and the animals are worth a trip to see them even if you weren't eating a meal there. Your DD would probably enjoy the night vision goggles if you go in the evening, but Boma has a great breakfast!

You could go to the BW or BC for dinner then go to Beaches N'cream(at the BC) for dessert. Go back to the BW to watch the performers its only about a 5min walk not a big deal. Rent a surrey bike. Or you could go to DTD eat dinner and shop or go to a movie.

Sushi restaurant in the Swan Hotel (sister hotel to Dolphin) called Kimonos. They have great food but you also can be entertained by guest trying to sing Kareoke. Enjoy your day. :banana::cool1::banana:

I vote for the WL as they have a tour of the Resort you can go on. After the tour you could relax while sitting in the rocking chairs in front of the Grand Canyon fireplace. If you get tired of rockin' you could go upstairs to the semi-hidden fireplace loft by the front door and play a board game.

another vote for Wilderness Lodge you could either explore and relax in hotel or take the boat around bay lake for a very scenic view

Originally Posted by Shreggor
AKL for sure.
Anywhere near the Boardwalk.
Piano guy at POR

I agree with all of those choices.

There is also DTD, you could see a movie and have a meal there as well as shop.

Me too! :thumbsup2

AKL and WL for admiring lobbies and landscaping. AKL, in particular, has a fascinating assortment of artifacts in the lobby.

AKL-I could spend days there just watching the animals :thumbsup2.

Boardwalk is fun to walk around at nighttime and take in the atmosphere. There are street entertainers and food, not really stores to shop in.

Definitely AKL. It's massively themed and has soooo much to see, inside and out. Its restaurants are great also.

My top two picks would be AKL & BW. You could definitely kill a good amount of time sight seeing at either one of them. We love to stroll around BW and make our way around the loop of hotels there.

You could also go to POR, I think it's beautiful there....then take a relaxing boat ride to DTD and kill some time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter