Any reports of people out there having their Be Our Guest lunch fastpasses not work?

RalphinSC

Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous Mugshare
Made my selections tonight and posted info in a fairly popular Facebook group about it. That post was deleted and the moderator stated in another post that he has had a lot of clients turned away by trying the "backdoor" link.

If it's of any consequence, the page is run by a travel agency and they may just be using that point as a way to try and funnel business to themselves (perhaps by advertising that they can get the Fastpasses, but us "regular" folks need to wait for an e-mail invitation.

Not buying it myself and my lunch Fastpass is printed and will be brought to the park that day just in case.

Just wondering if this thing has any wings.... :surfweb:

I'm in that FB group also. I read that post. I was wondering if there's any truth to it. Keep us updated if you can.

Don't think there is any validity to it at all.:)

I had zero problems in December.:)

Actually, there's been some information about this on the Dis lately. I'm not sure where to start searching, but I've seen some threads.

I'm in that FB group also. I read that post. I was wondering if there's any truth to it. Keep us updated if you can.

:thumbsup2

Yep I'm watching it myself and I'll certainly report back if our reservations get affected or changed when we try on June 7th.

Used two fastpasses last week for lunch. Zero problems - walked past a 75 minute line and was seated immediately.

We had three BoG FP+ lunches during our March vacation, obtained through the ubiquitous "backdoor" link, and had no problems. The CMs never questioned anything, and they all worked like a charm.

Has anyone here actually gotten an invitation? I didn't back in October but I had to cancel my FP.

IF Disney WAS limiting this to "invitation only",it seems to me the link would ONLY accept Reservation #'s from "invited" Guests and there would be a "unique" code for each "invitation" sent out.:)

This is Disney we're talking about-they're not going to turn away money!lol;):)

Has anyone here actually gotten an invitation? I didn't back in October but I had to cancel my FP.

I received an email invitation a few hours after we checked into the BC last month. But we had already made a fp for BOG lunch and didn't need to use it.

IF Disney WAS limiting this to "invitation only",it seems to me the link would ONLY accept Reservation #'s from "invited" Guests and there would be a "unique" code for each "invitation" sent out.:)

This is Disney we're talking about-they're not going to turn away money!lol;):)

I would also think if it was being abused that Disney would simply shut down the website....they have done that zillions of times over the years so they're not exactly loyal to web names, lol.

I used that link back in November and December without problem....and have a reservation for May now, hopefully it will work. If not, I simply won't be eating there as I won't stand in line for an hour for any meal, lol.

So, it would certainly fit with your statement that Disney won't turn away money.....'cause they'll lose out on about $100 from us, and we'd opt instead to probably have a small snack and do dinner offsite like all the other nights of our visit.

We also have a reservation for May without an email invite. We will just try it and if turned down we plan to go to the Columbia Harbor House to eat.

I have. I had used FP on 2 previous visits without being invited. My most recent stay was March 20 - 23 at Coronado Springs. We made our FP reservations for BOG about 5 weeks before arrival with no invitation. On the morning of check in, I got an email inviting me to log onto the website and be a part of the exclusive testing of FP at BOG. Ironically, when I got the email I was actually on the monorail on the way to the Magic Kingdom to use my already scheduled FP.

How did you get more than 1 FP? I have one and any time I try to add another it replaces the original one. Just got an email invite so I guess I'm safe - do I have to print it and bring with me?

How did you get more than 1 FP? I have one and any time I try to add another it replaces the original one. Just got an email invite so I guess I'm safe - do I have to print it and bring with me?

The day after you use your BOG FP+ you can schedule another.

I saw a post on the restaurant board about that happening to someone recently.

I reserved our lunch FP+s through the link I found on these boards, and our family got into BoG with no problem in February.

I saw a post on the restaurant board about that happening to someone recently.

Was the Guest told explicity they had not received an invitiation so there Reservation was void or were there other possible reasons?thanks.:)

In early March, my family and I had a BOG lunch reservation for our last day, made after we arrived at the resort and received an email. The day of the
"reservation", I went to double check what time we were supposed to check in and it was gone from the website. There was no indication that I had ever made a Fast Pass+ at all.

When I tried to see if I could still get a Fast Pass + for it, the site said there was no availability for that day. I went up to the podium as they were opening up and asked the cast member if they could check and see if they saw me on the list. They said I would have to come back closer to the "reservation" time for them to check and said they couldn't guarantee anything if there was a bug in the system as it was still in 'soft opening'.

My family was pretty disappointed and we didn't have enough time on our last day to wait the hour or so it would take to get lunch if we were in the standby line so we went back to the hotel and ate before catching the DME bus back to the airport.

I should note that we also had some problems with Fast Pass+ on our last day. There were four of us who had the same Fast Pass+ reservations the entire trip, all of us in the same room, etc. For some odd reason, my nephew's band wouldn't work properly on the last day and would pop up blue before they would have him try it a second or third time and it would pop up green. The folks at Space Mountain were pretty condescending when it didn't work the first time and when I asked them to try it again, they tried to move us out of the line. I had to grab my nephew's arm and put it to the reader and even after it turned green, one of the cast members was still trying to get us to move out of the line. The other CM, thankfully saw it and waved us through, but between this and the BOG Fast Pass+ not working, it was a shaky end to an otherwise terrific trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter