• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recommendations for DLR meals under $10 per person?

Many DIS-ers order kids' meals at some of the restaurants like Plaza Inn and River Belle Terrace, so those are undoubtedly cheaper. I like Bengal BBQ, which has nice beef, chicken and veggie skewers. Those are a good dose of protein and are not too junky! They are pretty healthy. You can get food at Tomorrowland Terrace for under $10. I keep hearing about this delicious $6.00 corndog that is sold in DCA, I think! (Someone will have that info for you.) I think you can get some reasonably cheap food at Pacific Wharf Cafe and Taste Pilots Grill in DCA. There are a lot of options! Even some of the places in DTD have 'express' options for cheaper food.

Oh, and I love.......the bacon wrapped asparagus skewers that are served on a daily basis, (Well unless the entrée could not be caught that day ;) he he) at the most tasty and wonderful coming to you live from Adventureland! The Bengal Barbecue! The skewers make for a wonderful snack, or appetizer.

The Chicken Fusili Pasta at Red Rockett's is great and shares very well, especially if you add an order of the yummy focacia bread.

I would also recommend the french dip sandwich with fries or the shredded beef or chicken nachos from Whitewater Snacks at the GCH. We ordered these the last trip and they were both tasty, filling and a pretty good bargain.

Oh the corndogs. They have them in DL & DCA. They're huge and oh so yummy. It come w/ a bag of chips or apples, but a drink is seperate.
Pizza Port in DL & Pizza Oom Mow Mow has pasta & salads & let me tell you that the BBQ chicken pizza @ Pizza Omm Mow Mow is delish.
If you can live w/ soup in a bread bowl for your meal, then you can go to Royal Street Veranda in DL or Pacific Warf Cafe in DCA. Pacific Warf has a bigger soup selection and also has sandwiches that are good and comes w/ chips.
And let me tell you about Award Weiners @ DCA! I love their chili cheese dog (if you're into that or not), but they have other choices for hot dogs too. They come w/ apples or chips and it always fills me up.
The Farmer's Market in DCA has food under $10, but doesn't have a big variety of food. They have chicken tenders and fish & chips, "snacky" items like that, but also comes w/ apples or fries.
If you're going to eat breakfast in the park, Carnation Cafe & Tomorrowland Terrace in DL has good choices for breakfast foods.
Other than that, you can find your usual hamburger and sandwiches around the parks all for less than $10.

You can check out [edited] for menus with prices.

We can eat at Rancho del Zocalo for a little over $20 for the both of us.

The chowder bread bowls at Royal Street Veranda are very filling and are about $8 or so a piece.

Love the corndogs in both DL and DCA, but my favorite is the hotlink (spicy sausage) corndog only at DCA.

A tip about the corndogs. They do come with a bag of Lays potato chips, but if you don't want the chips they'll take $1 off the cost. The corndogs are so big, I never need the chips.

Taste Pilots Grill has good food for under $10 per person. :) I love TPG!! :) I can't wait to eat there in 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days!!!! or so.....LOL

We like to snack on treats there throughout the day, so we can get away with smaller meals. That means we can split a plate at most places and fill up, especially if we also get an apetizer. We do this often at Blue Bayou. We probably aren't under $10 per person, but it's not too much over either.

Just about everything at White Water Snacks is under $10, and portions are huge. Easily splitable.

Taste Pilots Grill has good food for under $10 per person. :) I love TPG!! :) I can't wait to eat there in 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days!!!! or so.....LOL

I love the fries with the works. They are called Full Throttle Fries. Huge portion of fries with chili, cheese, sourcream, onions, and tomatoes. They are easily a meal in themselves and only $5.49. GREAT deal!

Just about everything at White Water Snacks is under $10, and portions are huge. Easily splitable.

I second that! This was our favorite meal. A chicken sandwhich with guacamole. They even cut it for us! DH and I were both full on half. :thumbsup2

ChickensandW2.jpg

I love the fries with the works. They are called Full Throttle Fries. Huge portion of fries with chili, cheese, sourcream, onions, and tomatoes. They are easily a meal in themselves and only $5.49. GREAT deal!

Hmmm, if only I liked chili on my fries. lol DBF would love this tho, since it's his birthday trip we will probably end up getting these! lol

I haven't seen mention of the chimi's from the cart on Main St in DL. We ate here on a whim our last visit and I believe they were $5.50. They don't come with a drink or anything, but we packed in our own so it wasn't a problem. One was enough for me and I'm a big eater, I was plenty full and didn't even have room for ice cream later!

We also liked Rancho del Zolcalo but I believe this place is only open during busy season. Not sure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter