Any receptions at Wilderness Lodge?

SnowyWhite

Skinny cooks can't be trusted !!!
Has anyone held a reception or private dinner party at the Wilderness Lodge? Details? Pictures? !!! What are the size limitations and resort location options? :donald:

Cassie
Would you be kind enough to PM me these details too?
WL is DH's favourite resort and it might be nice to consider a meal ther after our VR next year as reception plans are still very undecided!!!

We just booked a non-private group meal at Artist Point for after our Escape Wedding. I hope it will be good!
This way we get to have a family trip in the linmo back to our resort AND we have the dinner with all our guests
Lx

When we got married in October of 2007, we did our lunch reception at the Whispering Canyon cafe.

The pertinent details are:

- We had an Escape wedding, and had 17 people at the wedding (plus us, B&G, and the minister.)

- The "lunch" reception was a late lunch, scheduled for 2, and actually started closer to 2:30 (we were late getting back from taking pictures at different places around Disney.)

- The food was the AYCE Canyon Skillet. I don't know if they do plated meals there or not for a reception, but this was what they recommended and we felt it was the best deal and easiest to do. It is barbeque, which I know a lot of brides would NEVER consider doing for their wedding. We just made sure we had aprons (though we ended up using them only minimally - we were just VERY careful, and actually had no problems.) And we gave plenty of time for all the guests to change before the meal - we were the only ones who were still in our formal wear.

- Even though it was lunch, we asked for and were able to get the Dinner Skillet. It had one or two things on it that we liked a little better than the lunch Skillet option.

- The way we did things, it all included unlimited drinks (soft drinks, tea, coffee, etc.). If anyone wanted anything harder than that, it would have had to have been ordered separately during the meal, and we would have just paid for it at the end, which is when we paid for the whole thing anyway. In our case, no one ordered anything else anyway. Also, there was an option to include dessert. We didn't - we had our cake brought to the WL, and had our wedding cake for dessert. After tasting their cobbler later that week, though, I think we should have had our cake during the cake and champagne reception, and splurged on the dessert! :)

- The luncheon itself ended up being for 20 people altogether (adding our photographers in, and one local guest couldn't stay for the lunch.) The area where they seated us could have probably accommodated at least 5 or 6 more, and maybe up to 30 people total, but that probably would have been really squeezing.

- This was just a lunch - not a traditional reception, so no dancing or anything like that.

- The area where they put us was almost like a private room, even though WCC doesn't really have any private rooms. It's an area off to one side that is exposed to a side lobby that doesn't get much traffic, and they had it partitioned off from the rest of the restaurant. We had a few people pass by in the lobby area, but not a lot. It was quiet and felt very private. I would imagine where they can put you will depend a lot on party size, time of day, day of the week, how far in advance you book, etc.

- Since we had an Escape wedding, we had to make all the arrangements for the luncheon ourselves. We worked directly with the manager of the WCC. He was very accommodating. My DH actually set all of it up, so I can't tell you for sure what other options there might have been; I can tell you that I remember DH telling me there were a few other options, and this was what we decided on. So the best bet is to call them and see what they can work out for you.

- We decided on WCC over Artist's Point mainly for 2 reasons. 1 - cost. 2 - the menu. Artist's point was going to have a fancier, plated menu that we were afraid several of our pickier guests wouldn't like. We knew everyone would like the fare at WCC. And honestly, we didn't mind saving the money at all, we were on a budget. Also, since we were trying to do this at lunch time, we were having a hard time getting an answer about whether or not AP would be able to do something for us (they are only open for dinner).

Last but not least.... I STILL haven't managed to get all of my pictures up yet, even though it's been 2 1/2 years. But I do have a few from my wedding, and I think one or two have pictures of us eating at our lunch reception at WCC. I don't know how much you'll be able to see from the pictures that are there, but feel free to go take a look. They are at:

kims-world.net

Then just go down into the wedding section and you'll find the pictures.

Good luck!

osxgirl - thank you for sharing. And I love your photos too!

My DH & I are planning on renewing our vows next year (for our 20th) and one of the places I thought of for lunch or dinner was WCC. He wants to have the ceremony on the beach (at the Poly) but I keep thinking maybe at the Wedding Pavilion - but it depends on how many folks will actually come for it. So we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter