Any recent wait time info for Joy and Sadness

practicallyperfect77

DIS Veteran
I'm here now and heading to Epcot in the morning. In my opinion, the crowds have been quite manageable the last couple of days =). I do have an FP+ for Soarin' tomorrow at 9:15. I would like to ride it twice if possible and I don't really care to ride TT again or the Frozen ride. Trying to decide if I should hit Joy n Sadness first and then onto Soarin or do Soarin first. Anyone know what their wait times have been recently around 9:30 or so?

I'm here now and heading to Epcot in the morning. In my opinion, the crowds have been quite manageable the last couple of days =). I do have an FP+ for Soarin' tomorrow at 9:15. I would like to ride it twice if possible and I don't really care to ride TT again or the Frozen ride. Trying to decide if I should hit Joy n Sadness first and then onto Soarin or do Soarin first. Anyone know what their wait times have been recently around 9:30 or so?

Curious - how long have the wait times been for Frozen? Still hours?

We headed to Joy and Sadness at RD this past week and waited 10 mins or so.

Thought I'd provide an uodate in case others are wondering.....I was at RD, but headed to Soarin' and road twice...1st standby and then FP+. Quick 10 min comfort break and grabbed a banana and coffee for bfast and went straight to character spot....got here about 9:40 and wait was 45 mins. The CMs said line will only get longer so I'm staying. I have coffee and in A/C so no complaints! Normally not a huge charactet person, but last trip I was with my nieces and nephews and we saw lots of characters then and I started getting autographs on fabric squares b/c I wanna make a quilt. I loved Inside Out so figure it's worth waiting. =)

met joy and sadness on Saturday - at 5:30 - waited in line for about 20 minutes.
anna and elsa was about 20 minutes as well

We did Joy and Sadness at rope drop- the park opened at about 8:45, but the characters don't come out until 9. We waited that 10 minutes or so, were first in line- then went to Soarin. We didn't have a FP, but were able to just about walk on twice in a row after meeting Joy, Sadness and Baymax. I was nervous to do it that way- but it worked out great.

We have a fastpass for the Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot. Is that where Joy & Sadness are as well? What I read online is that there is no fastpass offered for them. Just wondered how to see them if it's different than the Epcot Character Spot. Thanks!

We have a fastpass for the Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot. Is that where Joy & Sadness are as well? What I read online is that there is no fastpass offered for them. Just wondered how to see them if it's different than the Epcot Character Spot. Thanks!
There's three Character Spots, one for Joy and Sadness, one for Baymax, and one for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. The FP is only good for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.

No FP for Joy n Sadness as the PP stated. This location is right across the other character spot. As you are walking into Epcot..if you go straight and then turn right to walk thru innovations to get to The Land, Joy, Sadness and Baymax are on the right and the others on left.

We stopped in twice today and skipped it both times. The CM told us that each que line equated to a 20 minutes wait. It was continuously a 3 line wait. Baymax we got through in about 15 minutes.

We did Soarin' in about 25 minutes with no fp during lunch time.

We did Test track twice back to back with fp.

Frozen peaked at 75 minutes when I looked online at the wait time. We skipped that today.

we are excited to meet Joy and Sadness.. but i hate lines! I doubt we could make rope drop after being at the halloween party. Can you see them from outside to just get a look? Also, we were just there last Oct and we did the FP+ for Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.. that was one character in each spot that you go to the next/the next/the next.. i did not see any other character spot.. but you guys are saying there is one... how can i find this on a map?

There's three Character Spots, one for Joy and Sadness, one for Baymax, and one for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. The FP is only good for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.

No FP for Joy n Sadness as the PP stated. This location is right across the other character spot. As you are walking into Epcot..if you go straight and then turn right to walk thru innovations to get to The Land, Joy, Sadness and Baymax are on the right and the others on left.

Thanks for the info!!

we are excited to meet Joy and Sadness.. but i hate lines! I doubt we could make rope drop after being at the halloween party. Can you see them from outside to just get a look? Also, we were just there last Oct and we did the FP+ for Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.. that was one character in each spot that you go to the next/the next/the next.. i did not see any other character spot.. but you guys are saying there is one... how can i find this on a map?

Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were exactly like that. Where you go in a door on your left to see them, you instead go in a door on the right on the opposite side of that breezeway. In that there are 2 queues- one to meet Joy and Sadness (together) and another to meet Baymax. There is a sign hanging above the walkway where you would enter. You can see Baymax by just peeking in but Joy and Sadness are behind a wall.

I'm thinking that we will do Joy and Sadness first, then Baymax. I'm assuming that they wouldn't be available during an early opening so I will hop over there just before 9A to get in line.

In october, would you go to Soarin, then hit Joy, Sadness and Baymax, Or characters first then Soarin....We will follow this by Test Track (NOT single rider, due to younger ones!) This is one of my hardest days to plan!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter