Any recent flights on Northwest?

hercamore said:
MSP is a great airport to travel thru.
herc.

I beg to differ. I would say its a nice airport, in regards to interior fixtures and stores/restaurants but I wouldn't considered it easy. I had an inbound from Orlando with a connection to Cincinatti and lets just say, it took me somewhere in the area of a 20 minute nonstop walk to make the connection (as it was in the "NW Airlink" terminal. I really liked what they did with Detroit, although its a mile long (literally) it does have a tram which makes traveling between terminals pretty quick (I can make it from A72 to C1 in around 8 minutes).

I'm only "looking" at airfare now as our trip isn't theoretically taking place until June of next year. One of our options is a flight from PHL to MSP, then connect to RAP (Rapid City, SD.) The layover time looks to be around an hour on both legs of the trip w/a plane change. Guessing I may have to re-think our options as I wouldn't want to miss the connections. There are later flights available on both legs, should we miss, but that would stink.

Keep the experiences comming. . . .

:wave2:

kimmikayb said:
Bear with me, I do not fly very often. IF this would happen....what would be my options? I'm just out the money and tickets?

Crossing my fingers....

IF the FA's strike NW will rebook you on another flight.

If NW goes under then I believe the US congress extended the law requiring the other airlines to honor your tickets on a standby basis.

Keep those fingers crossed.

Need an opinion please. We leave from a very small airport where NW is the only airline flying out. We have a connection in DTW, it's only 45 mins. We have to clear customs in DTW and hop the connection. Are we going to make it? What happens in a case like this (both flights are NW but different planes).

Recalling all the NW flight attendants was not a move to appease their union! Management gave the flight attendants one week to respond to the recall notice, if they don't respond in that week they are considered seperated from the company. The reason management did this was so that they could get a head count to try to figure out staffing models in the event of CHAOS. CHAOS is a random walk out of the flight attendants. NW will fire the flight attendants involved in these random walk outs and needed to know up front how many would be left to do the work.

The flight attendants union knows that this is what NW is planning for. This is why they expect every flight attendant to honor CHAOS. Strength in numbers. Hats off to these men and women for standing up to the union busting tactics that NW has been aiming at all their employee groups!!

Understand that while it will be inconvenient, people will be reacommodated on other air carriers to their destination if a strike occurs. Fortunately this is the time of the traditional slow down in the airline industry, so getting people on other flights won't be quite as difficult as during the busy summer and holiday times. I wish everyone a smooth and uneventful flight experience!

Flying NW from Indy to Orlando tomorrow morning. Crossing our fingers.

It's one thing to get stuck down there, but another thing altogether to get stuck at home before the vacation begins.

mom_rules said:
Need an opinion please. We leave from a very small airport where NW is the only airline flying out. We have a connection in DTW, it's only 45 mins. We have to clear customs in DTW and hop the connection. Are we going to make it? What happens in a case like this (both flights are NW but different planes).

What happens in this case?

Dodie--that is exactly what I told my DH last night! I don't care if I am stuck in Orlando, I just don't want to be stuck in Mpls. He, having a job he has to get back to, begs to differ but I will stay as long as I need to. That is how I feel about a hurricane too!

mom_rules said:
What happens in this case?

If you are flying out of a small airport, you will probibly be flying Northwest Airlink (Mesaba/Pinnacle) which operates out of Terminal B and C. You should be able to make your connection, but be ready to hustle. In the event you miss your connection, you will be standby on the next flight to Orlando (They run around 6 flights per day from DTW).

kimmikayb said:
Oh goodness. We leave out of Moline, IL in two weeks on Northwest. I do hope everything turns out ok. Our flight is so early in the morning we were hoping to get in a day at MK and have ADRs for CRT that evening!!

We leave Moline on 9/26 on NWA. :)

At least, we're planning to....

The Delta issues were worked out - I'm hoping NWA will too.

angel's momma said:
We leave Moline on 9/26 on NWA. :)

At least, we're planning to....

The Delta issues were worked out - I'm hoping NWA will too.

NO WAY!! What time is your flight? Isn't it a VERY small world? We will be the two chubby ladies with two VERY surprised kids. We're not planning on telling them until we get to the airport. At least that's the plan right now.

I hope it all works out too. It's getting to close to worry!

Are you using ME?

kimmikayb said:
NO WAY!! What time is your flight? Isn't it a VERY small world? We will be the two chubby ladies with two VERY surprised kids. We're not planning on telling them until we get to the airport. At least that's the plan right now.

I hope it all works out too. It's getting to close to worry!

Are you using ME?

Flight is 6:05.

We surprised DD last year - it was great!

Yes, we're using ME.

angel's momma said:
Flight is 6:05.

We surprised DD last year - it was great!

Yes, we're using ME.

I just PMed you!

We're on the 6:05 flight too! How cool!

How did you tell your DD? We've set the stage, so to say. The kids think my mom (Grammy) is going on a trip with a friend. I'm going to ask them if they want to take her to the airport with me. While I'm making them bring "her" luggage inside Mom and I will put on b-day (this is to celebrate their birthdays) hats and tell them. Or I'll have them pick up "some papers" I've dropped that say "Happy Birthday, you're going to WDW". Problem for us is the flight is so early. I can't decide if we'll spend the night at the motel next door or just get up really early and go.

Plus I have to pack for the two of them without them knowing. Thought I had it made when the cool weather came and I hid all their shorts but now it's going to get warm again.

It will all work out and I'm thrilled. I look forward to meeting you. After all on the little crop duster plane they will put us on to Memphis we'll probably be sitting in each others laps!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter