Any recent experiences at Portobello Yacht Club?

KimR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t
PYC has always been one of our favorites and our traditional first-night meal; however, I noticed on allearsnet.com that they have changed their menu. Does anyone have any recent experiences - is it still good? I haven't noticed any reviews of this restaurant lately. We are eating there tomorrow night and I hope it is as good as it always has been - we love the bread with roasted garlic!

They still have the bread with garlic. We ate there a couple weeks ago. They are trying to get back to their "old" menu. Apparently if you get the rosemary chicken (a favorite of mine for 15 years), you can still get the garlic mash instead of the roasted potatoes. Also, even though it's not on the menu, the kitchen will make the bisteca alla griglia (steak with cheese crust) on request. The calamari was as good as ever and it was served with a little side of pickled veg. which was a nice contrast to the fried squid.

I'm so glad to hear they still have the bread with roasted garlic. We loved it so much the first time we ate there we tried to duplicate it at home. As with most such attempts, we got pretty close, but couldn't quite nail it.

Has anyone gone lately, we loved this restaurant last Dec but we read they have renovated and "dumb" up the menu. How is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter