Any recent experience with "almost 3 year old"?

DisLyd2008

Mouseketeer
Hey all! We are looking at a cruise in a few months where my youngest will be 4 weeks shy of 3 years old. His older brother is 5 and will probably spend most of his time in the club and I'm sure that's where my youngest will want to be as well. He's a daycare kid so very independent and potty trained. I know his older brother will look after him so I'm confident he will enjoy it. I've heard mixed things about if they let kids in this category stay in the clubs and be "checked in" or not. Any RECENT experiences with this? Please let me know!!! Thank you!!

We just got off the Fantasy saturday. My daughter was 2 months shy of three, so I did not expect her to be in the club/lab. I when checking in my son for kids club in the terminal, i simply said my daughter is still 2, so they were very clear that she could not be in the club. I did not push it though, so I don't know for sure what the result would have been if she was really close to the limit and I had begged/pleaded. I have heard that they are strictly enforcing the age limit now, even if you are close.

Yes, as of a couple of months ago DCL has been very strict with the 3-yr-old age limit to attend the Club/Lab. Even if the child turns 3 during the cruise, it's nursery only until the actual birthday. No Club/Lab for under 3 yrs old, except during Open House times. I suggest you plan some hours in the nursery for the little one if you will need adult time. Or if it's possible maybe you can push your cruise out a month so both children can attend the Club/Lab together.

Enjoy your cruise!

All recent experiences mentioned on this board (and cruisecritic) have said that under-3 year olds are in the Nursery.

You CAN go with them to the club/lab during Open House time at the club and/or lab. That's a way for them to play in the big kid room, but you have to stay there with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter