• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any reason to get a doctor's note?

Nicolejean

Earning My Ears
I know we don't need one for getting a GAC but would there be another reason to have one? My son has a disability but really we just need to be able to use his stroller in line.

If it makes you feel more comfortable to have one, you can bring a note.

It hold say what your child's needs are, not the diagnosis. And be prepared that Cast Members will probably not want to look at it.
You will need to be prated to talk bout your child's needs and bring him with when you request the Guest Assistance Card.

There is more information in post 6 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread, which you can find near the top of this board or follow tHe link in my signature.

I found the cast members never ask for a doctors note, and they often won't look at one. Explaining your child's needs should be all that you need to do.

I find I often get flustered when I try to explain my medical condition to strangers so I wrote my own note for cast members, so that I did not forget anything and I said everything the way I wanted to. Some people find this helpful, but it is definitely not required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter