Any real difference between 3rd week of may and last week?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
I know crowds are going to be rough either way, but I don't really have any other weeks before fall and we really want to get down there this spring. Is there a compelling reason to pick one week over the other? TIA!

The sooner in May you go, the less crowded it will be. Many school systems (like ours) get out 20thish of May. So many people go right away to take advantage of the lower crowds. We have gone around that time quite a few times. Crowds are definitely manageable. But, the close you get to June, the more crowded it gets.

Also, the week around Memorial Day will be more crowded than the week before or the week after.

actually May has low crowds. (exception of Memorial day weekend.) I recommend sooner in May. You'll love it, its the only time we go. We use FP+ obviously, but after the three..alot of times FP isn't needed. 20 min waits or less. We go First week of may ...always

Last edited:

If I could pick any time to go, it would be during the first 3 weeks of may

We went early May 2015 and the crowds were similar to our Sept. trips (actually a little less in May) but the weather was fantastic. Warm, but not humid and stormy, like September.

We went early May 2015 and the crowds were similar to our Sept. trips (actually a little less in May) but the weather was fantastic. Warm, but not humid and stormy, like September.
That's good to know. We've been in early September when crowds were very light and enjoyed it immensely. If May offers similar crowd levels, we're going to have to try that out.

We have found fewer crowds in April (away from Easter), and May until close to Memorial day.
It also isn't too hot yet.
Avoid Spring Break time, most of March and early April.

We get out of school the week before Memorial Day, as do a lot of other places. We have gone to WDW the day after school gets out (arrive M-Day weekend) and that week hasn't been terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter